Photo

Sweeping Strike bug

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

MindBlankBW

MindBlankBW
  • Members
  • 8 posts
I already mentioned this bug in the DA:A bug thread but I want to find a way around it so I can actually use this usefull ability.

The bug is that if the character has an enemy selected the area of effect selection cone does not apper. It acts as any non AoE ability and automatically performs it without giving me the possibility to change the positioning for the best possible coverage/damage.
So basically, if I'm in a fight I can't use the ability to it's full effect because the cone never appears. I tried giving different commands to the character in the hopes that it deselects the current enemy, but nothing has worked.

Any ideas to how I can make it work?

Hope you understand the problem, if not, let me know and I'll make a video.

ANDY5151

ANDY5151
  • Members
  • 322 posts
its sort of a bug yes but not if you learn to play around with it. Either use it at the start of the fight before you select a target (the cone will appear) or memorize where the cone aims and use it will in a fight. I found the work around to work great. that said you are right and it should be fixed.

MindBlankBW

MindBlankBW
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Yes, I can only use it at the start of the battle, before an enemy is selected. I hope they fix it soon.

If anyone has any other ideas, please share them.

Kastagir

Kastagir
  • Members
  • 359 posts
If you move your character and then use the ability does the targeting cone appear? I assume it is like certain spells that will use your current target if you have one. I assume that moving will clear any active target your character might have.