Game crashing after PS3 Firmware 3.30 update

3089 replies to this topic

Guest_scorpgul_*

Guest_scorpgul_*
  • Guests
Anyone else having the same issue after the update? The game has crashed like 7 times in an hour just after the update. DOA never crashed before with 90 hours playtime

TeamLexana

TeamLexana
  • Members
  • 2,572 posts
I've been having the problem as well. I haven't gotten my feastday gifts either even though I bought the combo pack, I have the pranks but not the gifts. The pranks are cool and all but the 50 approval drop is insane without a counter, screw that.

HrMagni

HrMagni
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Same here, been playing dragon age origins all day, updated to 3.3 and now my EU 60gig Phat has frozen two times last half hour, for the last 4 days before that dragon age didnt freeze at all.

eugeni_dodonov

eugeni_dodonov
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Same here, on ps3 slim 120GB. It never ever froze before, but since 3.30 it is freezing like every 15 minutes.

Guest_scorpgul_*

Guest_scorpgul_*
  • Guests
Damn this is doing my head in can't believe how they can release an update without clearing them issues as they have done the same mistake with an update in the past and Uncharted kept crashing. @TeamLexana I heard some people had the same issue and they fixed it by deleting the game data utility and reinstalling the game and redownloading the feastpack. Hope it works

HippeusOmega

HippeusOmega
  • Members
  • 460 posts
Jesus glad it isn't just me. I give Bioware about 3-6 months before we get a patch that fixes it ; ; and maybe another 6-12 months before we get the ability to backup our saves before our system dies.

Guest_scorpgul_*

Guest_scorpgul_*
  • Guests
Aye its a relief to know that bare people are having the same issue when mine kept freezing I was like wtf my PS3 is dying. Them idiots better fix it soon

Meowbeast

Meowbeast
  • Members
  • 80 posts
I installed the patch just now, so I guess I'll have a new annoyance to look forward to in my dragon age experience. At least for 3-6 months, right?

Rufus Leaking

Rufus Leaking
  • Members
  • 12 posts
I guess it is some relief that it isn't just me. No hangs before, but 3 within 30 minutes or so. Applied the 3.30 update yesterday, and this is the first time I'd played since.

Surely hoping this gets fixed fast. I'm winding down towards the end of my first playthrough and was hoping to finish it up soon.

EDIT: I guess I can provide slightly more detailed description of what I'm seeing, in case it is helpful to someone wanting to fix it. At random and frequently, the Playstation hangs completely. No button on the controller has any effect (Start, Select, PS3 button, or normal controller buttons or joysticks). This didn't seem to correlate to any interesting actions. Once I was just jogging through my camp. Another time I was levelling up Zevran. A third time I was buying materials to make potions. Once it happened, I had to reboot my PS3 or eject the disk; ejecting the disk caused the PS3 to reboot itself, seemingly.

Edited by Rufus Leaking, 23 April 2010 - 12:21 AM.

HippeusOmega

HippeusOmega
  • Members
  • 460 posts
I'm also getting it the most when in a shop or on the world map also.

PHOENIXZERO

PHOENIXZERO
  • Members
  • 11 posts
I've had it freeze at least twice that I currently remember since updating my firmware also at random moments, most recently just a few minutes ago. Can't say it didn't happen before because it has but it seems to be happening more frequently since before it was like once or twice over the course of 50 hours but in the last two or so hours of game time, it's done it twice. >_< As for details, I didn't take note of exactly what was happening but once was while getting ready to leave camp and selecting my party, selected two characters and Leilana for my last member and it froze right after. Current one was right after solving the bridge puzzle in the gauntlet and taking my character through the walkway, Got right to it and everything stopped.

EDIT: Just had it happen again after not doing it so previously (died and had to reload), finished the bridge puzzle though I left Morrigan on one of the plates as I ran through the entry way, Alistair was making a the comment about cunning being favored as I went through and once again it froze.

Edited by PHOENIXZERO, 23 April 2010 - 01:02 AM.

HippeusOmega

HippeusOmega
  • Members
  • 460 posts

PHOENIXZERO wrote...

I've had it freeze at least twice that I currently remember since updating my firmware also at random moments, most recently just a few minutes ago. Can't say it didn't happen before because it has but it seems to be happening more frequently since before it was like once or twice over the course of 50 hours but in the last two or so hours of game time, it's done it twice. >_< As for details, I didn't take note of exactly what was happening but once was while getting ready to leave camp and selecting my party, selected two characters and Leilana for my last member and it froze right after. Current one was right after solving the bridge puzzle in the gauntlet and taking my character through the walkway, Got right to it and everything stopped.

EDIT: Just had it happen again after not doing it so previously (died and had to reload), finished the bridge puzzle though I left Morrigan on one of the plates as I ran through the entry way, Alistair was making a the comment about cunning being favored as I went through and once again it froze.

I've had it do it out of the blue also before 3.30 but never this badly.

Edit: I just had it deadlock the system during a save. I thought i was going to have a ****ing stroke when i saw that. Thank god my files didn't get curropted.

Edited by Panznerr, 23 April 2010 - 02:24 AM.

bronxchulo

bronxchulo
  • Members
  • 174 posts
Last night was the first time ever this game just up and froze on me. i had just got locked in the Circle Tower and was checking the first room for the items and it just froze on me.

OrlesianWardenCommander

OrlesianWardenCommander
  • Members
  • 933 posts
Yea every hour im freezing up and usually i can play nonstop all day and nothing will happen except a frame rate drop this sucks guess its back to MW2 or Oblivion :{ cause i know it wont be fixed.

Edit: I guess this will be one of the final nails in the coffin im gona buy a new Thousand dollar MAC so when games like this come out i can enjoy them and not have to worry about bs updates that prepare the ps3 for god damn 3d gaming.

Edited by OrlesianWardenCommander, 23 April 2010 - 02:31 AM.

HippeusOmega

HippeusOmega
  • Members
  • 460 posts

OrlesianWardenCommander wrote...

Yea every hour im freezing up and usually i can play nonstop all day and nothing will happen except a frame rate drop this sucks guess its back to MW2 or Oblivion :{ cause i know it wont be fixed.

Edit: I guess this will be one of the final nails in the coffin im gona buy a new Thousand dollar MAC so when games like this come out i can enjoy them and not have to worry about bs updates that prepare the ps3 for god damn 3d gaming.

I almost feel the same way about Shelfing DA:O till they take care of this. Fact is i had started working on my King Consort file last night night before this tradversy of a FW update :( 

OrlesianWardenCommander

OrlesianWardenCommander
  • Members
  • 933 posts

Panznerr wrote...

I almost feel the same way about Shelfing DA:O till they take care of this. Fact is i had started working on my King Consort file last night night before this tradversy of a FW update :( 

Yeah this is real depressing of all games that they could have freeze or lock up it had to be the one i play the most. Posted Image RIP DAO for i know neither Sony or Bioware will care to fix it Posted Image

HippeusOmega

HippeusOmega
  • Members
  • 460 posts

Panznerr wrote...

Yeah this is real depressing of all games that they could have freeze or lock up it had to be the one i play the most. Posted Image RIP DAO for i know neither Sony or Bioware will care to fix it Posted Image

Sad but true *starts playing funeral march for DA:O"

bronxchulo

bronxchulo
  • Members
  • 174 posts
well just now had my second freeze..... this is not good :( (froze in the circle tower - fade)

EnchantedEyes1

EnchantedEyes1
  • Members
  • 542 posts
Thank goodness I checked the forum before installing this update. Not sure how long I can go without installing the update but will wait for now.

Reiji Arisu

Reiji Arisu
  • Members
  • 10 posts
It freezes when I went to the first floor in the mage tower.

bronxchulo

bronxchulo
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Reiji Arisu wrote...

It freezes when I went to the first floor in the mage tower.

yep thats where it first froze for me.  my second freeze was in the fade.  never had a freeze before till 3.30

thochaos

thochaos
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Rufus Leaking wrote...
I guess I can provide slightly more detailed description of what I'm seeing, in case it is helpful to someone wanting to fix it. At random and frequently, the Playstation hangs completely. No button on the controller has any effect (Start, Select, PS3 button, or normal controller buttons or joysticks). This didn't seem to correlate to any interesting actions. Once I was just jogging through my camp. Another time I was levelling up Zevran. A third time I was buying materials to make potions. Once it happened, I had to reboot my PS3 or eject the disk; ejecting the disk caused the PS3 to reboot itself, seemingly.

I updated to 3.30 yesterday and since then I have been having almost exactly the same experience you describe.  Controller is unresponsive and ejecting the disc is the only way to get the PS3 to come back to life.  Not good.

Guest_scorpgul_*

Guest_scorpgul_*
  • Guests
Well done f**kin Sony I enjoyed DOA so much and was thinking about making another char but at the moment it freezes when you least expect it which ruins the experience. I am just hoping Bioware does something about it if Sony is too lazy to do it.

AmigoMike

AmigoMike
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Just like to add that I too have experienced many lockups since applying the 3.30 update. At random moments the game locks and the only fix is to reboot. This happened 4 times in two hours today.

Dansharp1

Dansharp1
  • Members
  • 103 posts
My game has also been freezing up, AND its every time i'm trying to kill a big mob inm any place. First it was the berserken in Circle tower. Then it was the desire demon, and right after that, the abomination in the centre part...

Please bioware sort this out. I'm getting awakening in 3 days and i don't wanna play it if it's going to crash all the time. Posted Image