Photo

Orzammar main quest will not let me advance. NEED MAJOR HELP!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

Cowboys7968

Cowboys7968
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  I was unsure of what side to take as I was not sure of the story,  I chose both sides of the King dilema but now I have no one to talk to and no way to advance my quest further.  I fought in the proving and I delivered the letters, but no one will talk to me.

--- I have played for like 30 hours and I can go no further.
--- I am very pissed
--- I have gone to every destination and I can go no further in any mission except for Morrigans side quest.
--- If I cannot advance I will return this game as I do not want to play it through again. 
--- Either there is another way to advance the quest that I am missing or a major mixup happened during game editing.
--- SOMEONE HELP!

Shaleborn

Shaleborn
  • Members
  • 7 posts
so harrowmonts guy in the tavern won't talk to you?

Cowboys7968

Cowboys7968
  • Members
  • 4 posts
nobody will talk to me anymore.

sb.seed

sb.seed
  • Members
  • 43 posts
PC or console?, and from what you have said so far it sounds like the script may have brocken at somepoint...also did you attend the 'party' and get cast into the deep roads yet? or are you not that far with the royal dwarf?

Akuntakenta

Akuntakenta
  • Members
  • 68 posts
Lol you are screwed, that means you cannot get the dwarfs assistance for the final battle. You need to leave ozzamar and quest elsewhere. Perhaps go to the dalish elves or redcliffe. You cannot chose both sides, you need to pick one or the other, there is no need to be the nice guy!

sb.seed

sb.seed
  • Members
  • 43 posts
like i said it is most likely broken script before hand since you were able to do 'both' sides of the story plot.

Cowboys7968

Cowboys7968
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Wow ok thanks for the help. I have completed the elves, well everything. I did the deep roads but nothing was really there. Wow so no I have to start over. I guess that means I am done playing as call of duty Comes out tomorrow.

Cowboys7968

Cowboys7968
  • Members
  • 4 posts
PS3

danien.grey

danien.grey
  • Members
  • 196 posts
The nature of this game is picking sides. Since you picked both sides, as everyone has said, you caused an error with the script. While this may be a bad scripting error on Bioware's part, the end result is the same for you.

You don't need to restart, but because of your actions you probably cannot get the dwarves as allies in the final battle. To be honest you don't need them unless you want the "Standard Bearer" achievement.

On your next playthrough, pick a side. Sitting the fence never gets anything done.

Dei3

Dei3
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Yea, same problem here.

I've decided to be on 2 sides to make mor quests and get more Xp and now I'm ****ed up...and can't go on with the main quest, since I NEED orzammar to advance in the main, since Arl won't speak with me. I have 40 hours of gameplay and it's really boring to start again. i've killed some many hard things already...

SweXShadow

SweXShadow
  • Members
  • 3 posts
they need to give out a hotfix for this to reset the area or something in that style.

kill9

kill9
  • Members
  • 3 posts
I'm stuck in the same boat :(

Seipherwood

Seipherwood
  • Members
  • 72 posts
Why not load your save game from before you entered Orzammar? That way you dont have to completely restart

kill9

kill9
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Has there been any news on this issue? This is completely gamebreaking

WhatWas

WhatWas
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Yeah I am playing it on xbox and I have ran into the same problem. I have done every other possible quest and I cannot go any further in the game. I took both sides thinking it may allow me to pick who I would like to have as king later on. However, when you talk to either of the two npcs after finishing both of the quests they both call you a traitor and are no longer allowed to go any further. I do not have any saves that won't take me many levels and hours back so I am hoping someone reads this thread and comes up with a fix. Until then I will not be able to play this game. Trust me starting over does not seem fun at all at this point.

EledraEldar

EledraEldar
  • Members
  • 77 posts
hm, only a think - is possible to "reset" area in toolset?

btw i don't use toolset yet then no hammer at me :P

cicohipe

cicohipe
  • Members
  • 2 posts
You have the PS3 version, i hear that is kinda buggy, as suggested i would say go back to a save where you still have quests and go from there. I had this happen to me a couple of times on PC where i could not speak to the people i needed to for quests. For me it was an easy fix though, i just had to restart the game, as in exit and then jump back in. But i'm sure you have already tried this.

Returnpolicy

Returnpolicy
  • Members
  • 44 posts
I'm having the same problem and can't reload without losing 30+ hours. Bioware please fix this urgently

Kelandros Armelis

Kelandros Armelis
  • Members
  • 1 posts
When i chose the king i got cuscenes with neither , the lord or the prince showing up, but i still hear them talk. Now that i need to talk to the new king i can´t, because he is not in the assembly or anywhere. With this problem it is not possible for me to finish the blight quest.

xSpartan114x

xSpartan114x
  • Members
  • 2 posts

WhatWas wrote...

Yeah I am playing it on xbox and I have ran into the same problem. I have done every other possible quest and I cannot go any further in the game. I took both sides thinking it may allow me to pick who I would like to have as king later on. However, when you talk to either of the two npcs after finishing both of the quests they both call you a traitor and are no longer allowed to go any further. I do not have any saves that won't take me many levels and hours back so I am hoping someone reads this thread and comes up with a fix. Until then I will not be able to play this game. Trust me starting over does not seem fun at all at this point.

same thing going on here. tried both sides and now neither will talk to me. i'm on the 360. i submitted a bug report to bioware so hopefully an update gets out or something. i agree it sucks to restart because i already lost a 28 hour file to corrupted data. 18 hours into this one and i really dont wanna do it all again.

zebrastealer

zebrastealer
  • Members
  • 35 posts
Yep same problem here. I didn't realize how horribly bugged this game was til I hopped on the forums here looking for a solution to this bug.

Noqqers

Noqqers
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Same issue as OP. I save very frequently and tried going back to the beginning of the arena, but that didn't help, so I'm going to head back to before I chose a second side and see if I can get through it. Will post results.

promaxlol

promaxlol
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Same problem :(

Noqqers

Noqqers
  • Members
  • 3 posts
OK, I reset to the beginning of the Dwarf campaign and chose to follow only the Prince's quests. I've progressed farther than before and there is no sign of a bug. As for the "You can't please everyone" argument, go choke on a turkey leg. RPGs are kept alive by completionists who have an OCD-driven desire to do everything possible while in a given area. On the other hand, if you haven't saved the game in the last 22 hours, then you deserve to lose your progress. Seriously, if you have to pause combat to survive, don't you think it's worth dropping a few well-placed saves?

zebrastealer

zebrastealer
  • Members
  • 35 posts
Well Noqqers you can go 'choke on a turkey leg', I left this quest, thinking I would go back to it, and not realizing it was totally broken - 28 hours ago in game time, it was only after I returned to it, ran through all the areas again that I considered the damn thing was actually bugged and I hadn't missed something. This is just shoddy coding.