Photo

Why Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor Do Not Justify a Female Shepard...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

The Big Nothing

The Big Nothing
  • Members
  • 1,663 posts
Welcome to a brief explanation of why a female Shepard isn't justified by Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor. 

Ripley died by throwing herself into molten lead, because she herself had become a host for the alien. This is also known as failure. Because of this, by the final movie, aliens are innumerable, and letting xenomorphs gestate in your chest has become a recreational past time. To combat this, I guess, Ripley is cloned (because extravagant suicide in the previous movie wasn't enough of an "I give up") and resorts to loving and cuddling the aliens while they continue to murder her friends. Typical female behavior. Needless to say, the alien menace isn't defeated, and Ripley succeeds only in killing her alien/human hybrid love-child.

P.S. Ripley almost died in the first movie because she was putting a cat - a cat - into hypersleep, rather than doing an inspection of her life pod.

Sarah Connor was confined to an insane asylum - like all masculine women should be - and could do nothing to protect her son, who remained safe due only to the efforts of one male monotone Austrian body-builder. Because Sarah Connor is barely sane from her one encounter with a Terminator, they kill her off and bring in mentally stable male leads (Edward Furlong, Nick Stahl, Christian Bale) who can handle the stress of fighting a future doomed to robotic domination.

In conclusion, women with power will only doom our civilization unless we actively fight their bid for equal control. 

Male Shepard FTW.

superimposed

superimposed
  • Members
  • 1,283 posts
Obvious troll is obvious.

KarmaTheAlligator

KarmaTheAlligator
  • Members
  • 1,048 posts
How have you not been banned already, considering the amount of troll topics you make?

Teknor

Teknor
  • Members
  • 724 posts
Ok.

The Big Nothing

The Big Nothing
  • Members
  • 1,663 posts

KarmaTheAlligator wrote...

How have you not been banned already, considering the amount of troll topics you make?

Considering this isn't a troll topic, and is supported by explanations, which apparently escape your keen eye, I would say a ban is unjustified.

And is anything that I have stated above untrue?

Silver

Silver
  • Members
  • 1,545 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
do you know the Acronym "GTFO" ?

If so, act accordingly, thank you...

Onyx Jaguar

Onyx Jaguar
  • Members
  • 13,003 posts
I disagree, Perfect Dark Zero was one of the worst games I have ever played. Just because it was a launch title does not excuse it from that. Sure it had multiplayer options but they aren't useful if the controls and physics suck something fierce.

The Big Nothing

The Big Nothing
  • Members
  • 1,663 posts

silverhammer08 wrote...

do you know the Acronym "GTFO" ?
If so, act accordingly, thank you...

You see? Instead of offering a well-thought-out opinion, you become aggressive and try to silence me. You're not making a good case for your gender. Why not offer something constructive?
Tell me why I am wrong.  

Onyx Jaguar

Onyx Jaguar
  • Members
  • 13,003 posts

The Big Nothing wrote...

Tell me why I am wrong.  

You are wrong because the controls in Perfect Dark Zero were flat out awful.  Floaty as hell and do not even get me started on the AI.   Plus that artistic design?  WTF, Perfect Dark had realistic designs while Zero was ten times of garbage.  Its like they took Fable and Tomb Raider and added in retarded.

The Big Nothing

The Big Nothing
  • Members
  • 1,663 posts

Onyx Jaguar wrote...

The Big Nothing wrote...

Tell me why I am wrong.  

added in retarded.

I think your parents did that when conceiving you.

KainrycKarr

KainrycKarr
  • Members
  • 4,819 posts
No.

Teknor

Teknor
  • Members
  • 724 posts

The Big Nothing wrote...

Your name suits you perfectly.

Onyx Jaguar

Onyx Jaguar
  • Members
  • 13,003 posts

The Big Nothing wrote...

See now you are just throwing in insults.  You are such a blind M$ fanboy that you cannot see that Perfect Dark Zero was an abomination of epic proportions. 

Sand King

Sand King
  • Members
  • 3,031 posts
The Big Nothing = Obvious troll

Onyx Jaguar = Ass Kicker

evermandibles

evermandibles
  • Members
  • 107 posts
lol at this whole thread

Did the cat live?

The Big Nothing

The Big Nothing
  • Members
  • 1,663 posts

Onyx Jaguar wrote...

The Big Nothing wrote...

See now you are just throwing in insults.  You are such a blind M$ fanboy that you cannot see that Perfect Dark Zero was an abomination of epic proportions. 

I am throwing in insults. You see how I turned your own quote against you? I thought it was pretty good.
And consistently derailing the topic is hilarious, by the way.
Let me guess: you graduated high school, and you're disgruntled because your grades were just a smidgen too low to get into any really good community colleges, so you lash out online by irritating what you believe to be trolls. You're doing a good job. And fret not, "Onyx Jaguar", you don't need an education to sweep hair in a barber shop.

Edited by The Big Nothing, 28 May 2010 - 05:53 AM.

Onyx Jaguar

Onyx Jaguar
  • Members
  • 13,003 posts

The Big Nothing wrote...
 Fret not, "Onyx Jaguar", you don't need an education to RAWK

Fix'd

Guest_Shandepared_*

Guest_Shandepared_*
  • Guests
Actually I would say the reason Shepard can't be compared to them is because they derrived their strength from motherhood and Shepard is not a mother.

Massadonious1

Massadonious1
  • Members
  • 2,728 posts
I see Busomjack's main account got banned.

The Big Nothing

The Big Nothing
  • Members
  • 1,663 posts

Onyx Jaguar wrote...

The Big Nothing wrote...

Fix'd

It's a shame you can't edit real life like you can a forum post, otherwise you would be just as cool in reality.

Onyx Jaguar

Onyx Jaguar
  • Members
  • 13,003 posts

The Big Nothing wrote...

Onyx Jaguar wrote...

The Big Nothing wrote...

Fix'd

It's a shame you can't edit real life like you can a forum post, otherwise you would be just as cool in reality.

Oh so you're that guy who is stalking me.

Listen man, I do not care what you have to say I am not doing your dishes

SuperMedbh

SuperMedbh
  • Members
  • 918 posts
Elizabeth the First would want a word with you. Just kidding, you'd be beneath her notice-- but the local sheriff would have you hanged. They did stuff like that back then, sorry about that.

The Big Nothing

The Big Nothing
  • Members
  • 1,663 posts

Onyx Jaguar wrote...

The Big Nothing wrote...

Onyx Jaguar wrote...

The Big Nothing wrote...

Fix'd

Oh so you're that guy who is stalking me.

Listen man, I do not care what you have to say I am not doing your dishes

Haha. It's a shame that this is what passes for funny on the internet.
You forgot to reference Perfect Dark Zero. Otherwise, how will we know when to laugh?

Onyx Jaguar

Onyx Jaguar
  • Members
  • 13,003 posts

The Big Nothing wrote...

Haha. It's a shame that this is what passes for funny on the internet.

You forgot to reference Perfect Dark Zero. Otherwise, how will we know when to laugh?

I'm not laughing, if you are who I think you are you have been hassling me for weeks running around with a Spatula.

Sand King

Sand King
  • Members
  • 3,031 posts
Posted Image