Photo

Saves from DAO, DLC, and Awakenings will be used

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
113 replies to this topic

calvin0

calvin0
  • Members
  • 38 posts
Will i able to transfer my DAO and DAO:A save file into DA2?

i know that we will be playing as a new character instead of old character, but i just wonder some of the big stuff i did on DAO like being the King or Queen of Ferelden will be carry forward.

http://social.biowar...ex/3153797&lf=8

Edited by calvin0, 17 July 2010 - 06:48 PM.

Arttis

Arttis
  • Members
  • 4,098 posts
Awakening Did Not Happen.

Origins Did indeed happen though.

Loc'n'lol

Loc'n'lol
  • Members
  • 3,594 posts
http://social.biowar...1/index/3064634

Giltspur

Giltspur
  • Members
  • 1,101 posts
Yes, you can import your game. It's mentioned in the current Game Informer article. As for what I'll carries over, who knows. However, it did mention who the monarch of Ferelden is in your game carries over.

BlackyBlack

BlackyBlack
  • Members
  • 656 posts
One thing I don't understand, will we transfer our DAO save or our Awakening save ?

Naughty Bear

Naughty Bear
  • Members
  • 4,918 posts

calvin0 wrote...

Will i able to transfer my DAO and DAO:A save file into DA2?

i know that we will be playing as a new character instead of old character, but i just wonder some of the big stuff i did on DAO like being the King or Queen of Ferelden will be carry forward.

Yes.

Arttis

Arttis
  • Members
  • 4,098 posts
Not Awakening though.No where did i hear DA:A will get transfered!

Bioware better not leave things out because we did not buy an expansion!

BlackyBlack

BlackyBlack
  • Members
  • 656 posts

Arttis wrote...

Whatever happened to playing the game for fun? Why should everything transfer?

Arttis

Arttis
  • Members
  • 4,098 posts

BlackyBlack wrote...

Arttis wrote...

Everything should not transfer that is my point.

TMZuk

TMZuk
  • Members
  • 1,062 posts

Arttis wrote...

Bioware better include DA:A, for those of us who bought it and struggled through it!

Wishpig

Wishpig
  • Members
  • 2,173 posts

BlackyBlack wrote...

Arttis wrote...

I know right? I mean I appriecate s*** being able to transfer. I think it's really cool and makes DA:O feel more rewarding...

but I just feel like people are getting to worked up over s***. A game should be FUN if it's FUN and worth money it's a win. Why does it have to be restricted to all these little rules and musts.

Arttis

Arttis
  • Members
  • 4,098 posts

TMZuk wrote...

Arttis wrote...

Bioware better include DA:A, for those of us who bought it and struggled through it!

Doubt it.
Having the option to end all blights be carried out diminishes the story greatly.Some decisions make too big of an effect to carry over.

BlackyBlack

BlackyBlack
  • Members
  • 656 posts

TMZuk wrote...

Struggled? Gaming's not your second job, it's suppose to be for fun.

Mike Laidlaw

Mike Laidlaw
  • BioWare Employees
  • 764 posts
Our intent is to include information and decisions from Awakening as well as Origins into DA2.

We have never said otherwise, but it seems that unless things are specifically stated, there are folks who enjoy assuming the absolute worst. Probably because if you assume the worst possible outcome, everything's a pleasant surprise.

Brockololly

Brockololly
  • Members
  • 8,782 posts

Mike Laidlaw wrote...

Our intent is to include information and decisions from Awakening as well as Origins into DA2.

We have never said otherwise, but it seems that unless things are specifically stated, there are folks who enjoy assuming the absolute worst. Probably because if you assume the worst possible outcome, everything's a pleasant surprise.

I think people have been assuming that since there is no final save game in Awakening that the decisions wouldn't matter there. But after reading the GI article, it would seem that maybe the Import process might work a bit differently than say Mass Effect's, since it was mentioned it might be cross-platform?

Lord_Saulot

Lord_Saulot
  • Members
  • 1,765 posts

Mike Laidlaw wrote...

Great to hear :)  I enjoyed Awakening.

Mike Laidlaw

Mike Laidlaw
  • BioWare Employees
  • 764 posts
Fair enough, but hopefully we can consider that concern dispelled. There will be more details on importing and so on later.

Hrungr

Hrungr
  • Members
  • 5,032 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
I too was wondering if Awakening's decisions would be carried over, especially given the long-term implications of them.

XX55XX

XX55XX
  • Members
  • 2,966 posts
I always lose my savegames when I reformat... Need a better way of preserving them.

Guess I'll have to replay DAO and Awakening again when DA2 comes out. 

triggerhappy456

triggerhappy456
  • Members
  • 197 posts
this means i am gonna go through the whole game again to get a good profile hahaha

errant_knight

errant_knight
  • Members
  • 8,256 posts

Mike Laidlaw wrote...

That couldn't be less true, although it's probably nice to be able to write it off as that. Pretty condescending to the people who aren't happy with what they're hearing, but nice. I'd LOVE to be squeeing about what I'm hearing. I'd LOVE to think this all sounds awesome, and be just thrilled about it, the way I was thrilled by everything about Origins. But I'm not. And not out of some twisted desire to be unhappy, or Grinch-like desire to spoil anyone's fun. I loved Origins, and I've never said anything that wasn't positive about it. Well, that's no quite true. I was a bit taken aback that my character had breasts the size of cantelopes, but that was a minor quibble, and I stated as much. Please give us the respect of at least allowing that our opinions are based on genuine concerns and love of the game, not some kind of neuroses.

Mike Laidlaw

Mike Laidlaw
  • BioWare Employees
  • 764 posts
Of course, Errant. I can honestly understand the concerns, as, so far, most of what we have talked about represent changes to a game that you really enjoyed. The simple truth is that if we opened with "Dragon Age II is almost exactly the same game, and we'll talk about some differences later," that would be far more misleading, disingenuous and you would be far more pissed off. I'd rather be up front about what's changing than try to hide it.

That said, I'm not writing anything off. If people are unhappy with what they're hearing, that's fair. If, however, people are unhappy about things that have not been explicitly discussed and assuming that we are going to do the thing that will make them the most unhappy, the discussion rapidly breaks down into upset conjecture.

Therefore, assuming that because the GI article only talked about Origins because we were going to wad up every decision from Awakenings and toss them into the trash falls into that realm of negative conjecture. In truth, we look at Awakenings, Leliana's Song and so on as part of a larger whole that we think of as Origins.

Saibh

Saibh
  • Members
  • 8,063 posts

errant_knight wrote...

Mike Laidlaw wrote...

That couldn't be less true, although it's probably nice to be able to write it off as that. Pretty condescending to the people who aren't happy with what they're hearing, but nice. I'd LOVE to be squeeing about what I'm hearing. I'd LOVE to think this all sounds awesome, and be just thrilled about it, the way I was thrilled by everything about Origins. But I'm not. And not out of some twisted desire to be unhappy, or Grinch-like desire to spoil anyone's fun. I loved Origins, and I've never said anything that wasn't positive about it. Well, that's no quite true. I was a bit taken aback that my character had breasts the size of cantelopes, but that was a minor quibble, and I stated as much. Please give us the respect of at least allowing that our opinions are based on genuine concerns and love of the game, not some kind of neuroses.

Actually...despite having a super-positive view on anything that I can, it's not the most terrible thing to set yourself up for failure. I didn't take Mike Laidlaw's statement as an insult, because it's sort of true: if you feel that everything will suck, and it doesn't, nothing's been hurt. But if you're doing what you and I are, and giving everything the squealing benefit of the doubt, and it disappoints? So much more tragic.

IrishSpectre257

IrishSpectre257
  • Members
  • 886 posts
Wait, was there a post-game save in Awakening? When I beat it, the credits rolled and it sent me back to the title screen.

syllogi

syllogi
  • Members
  • 5,923 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
NOOOOOOOOO

I hated the Awakening ending for Human Female Nobles who married Alistair (and I'm assuming that HMNs get a similar ending). I wanted to believe it's not canon.

So my only solution is to play DA:O all the way through again with my female Cousland, and not let Alistair become king, if I want to stay with him in the future after Awakening? SOB.