FemShep Fan Thread- Show me yours, tough guy. I bet mine's bigger!

• Please log in to reply
42753 replies to this topic

Guest_rynluna_*

Guest_rynluna_*
  • Guests

Posted Image

Artist's link

Visit Our New Website FemShep.com

RULES
[QUOTE]
There will be NO Male Shep/Fem Shep or Jennifer Hale/Mark Meer bashing here. This only leads to flame wars and we wish to avoid. Offensive sexist remarks of any kind WILL be reported.
Do not quote any offensive remarks and/or start a fight over them. Simply ignore them and hit the report button.  If you must go off topic, do it in our group.  Also, the new forum rules state that this thread cannot be used as a chat room such as saying 'hi and bye' to other posters.  Also, do not even mention the page counts of this thread either here.  Thanks and if you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message.
[/QUOTE]

This thread was created in the hopes of getting more recognition for Female Shepard. Her fans eagerly awaited seeing what she would look like in ME2 and all we received were a few pictures scant days prior to the release of the game.

We understand and accept that Sheploo is the poster boy for the series but we would really like to see her get the recognition we believe she deserves before the series concludes. The following poll certainly indicates that FemShep players are a substantial part of the BioWare community.  Also, this article  was recognized by Bioware and posted on their official ME2 Facebook page.  The writer voices what most of us have been saying in regards to our Female heroine.  It's a great accomplishment that Bioware has taken notice, so much thanks goes to the writer!

A Better FemShep For Future DLC and Mass Effect 3
[QUOTE]
  • FemShep needs better animations, reduced clipping, no bugs, and to be worked on as much as her male counterpart is.  To see proof that she needs more time dedicated to her character model read the first post of this thread. Jesse Houston stated to FemShep players that "Our goal has and will continue to be to ensure that female and male Shepard have a truly equitable experience and that no one group of people feel left out."
  • FemShep screenshots need to be released simultaneously with MaleShep's whenever new DLC armors are announced.
  • FemShep screens should be released simultaneously with Sheploo for ME3.  We don't need to overshadow him, we just want to be able to see how she looks in the next game.  This also ties in to showing what she will look like in exclusive pre-order armors such as the GameStop 'Terminus Armor' of ME2.
[/QUOTE]

We, the fans, are not the only ones. The talented voice actress Jennifer Hale also urged her fans to start asking for more Female Shepard. This thread is also an appreciation for her amazing performance in giving voice to our Shepards.  She has actually replied to a fan letter before!  " it means a lot that the Female Shepard has connected with people and i love that you guys are bugging bioware to give her more recognition, awesome!   Read the letter here as well as more of her response.

Posted Image

So use this thread to tell us why you love playing as Female Shepard. Discuss what you would like to see Bioware do in showing some recognition for the game’s female protagonist.  Do you have a fan trailer you would like to share?  How do you roleplay your FemShep?  Fill out your Shepard's character survey or read others.  Thanks to jlb524 for the template. What are some of your favorite Jennifer Hale lines?  What needs to be improved on or implemented in order to have a better FemShep experience in the future?

SUPPORT LINKS AND BANNERS
[QUOTE]
FemShep Fan Group
Jennifer Hale Fan Group
FemShep deviantART Group
Download all the FemShep art/pics posted prior to Aug 16th, 2010.
Download the second zip file of art/pics posted in this thread prior to Sept 19, 2010. 
Oct. 17 Zip File
Nov. 24 Zip File
Thank you to Captain Crash for compiling all of this together.

Grab a support banner.  Huge thanks to AngryFrozenWater for creating all of these!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Many more can be found in our group.

[/QUOTE]

FAN VIDS
[QUOTE]
---------Female Shepard Trailers and Tributes----------

Mass Effect 2 Launch Trailer by spigyboy (skip the first 20 secs.)

Another Launch Trailer by cheezeyuk

Mass Effect 2-Repercussions II by gdoism

Mass Effect 2 Fan Trailer-Savior by JaneShepard89

Mass Effect 2 Fan Movie (FemShep)by DoAtechz

Mass Effect HD 'Jane Shepard' Trailer by padawanmage71

Mass Effect 2 Fan Trailer by SaFalken

fan trailer by ekkajam

End Game by MrGameLunatic

Tribute to Femshep by The Scoutassail

Not Dead Yet by Polar Dove

Shepard's Fury by neoAdama

The Leader by cachBioFan

HistorianofHell's N7 Armor!!

FemShep Overlord Trailer by MDK

---------Love Scenes------------

Staying Loyal to Kaidan.

Staying Loyal to Liara.

Thane's Romance Scene.

Garrus' Romance Scene.

Jacob's Romance Scene.

Kaidan's Romance Scene

Liara Romance Scene

Samara Romance Scene

Kelly Romance Scene

---------Romance Tributes and Music Videos-------------

Shepard and Kaidan: Need You Now by Joisan08

Shepard/Kaidan Music Video "Shattered Heart" by Polar Dove

Kaidan Romance-If You're Not the One by

Shenko a fanvid by Luceija

Shattered: A Shepard/Liara Tribute by jlb141

Mass Effect: Broken-Liara/Shepard Tribute by greenneutron

Liara-Blue Goddess by arcuido

Blue(A Liara Tribute) by dormouse03

Shepard/Thane Music Video "My Angel" by PolarDove

Shepard/Thane "No Goodbyes"

Breathe-A Shepard and Thane Video by silentstephi

Shepard/Thane Music Video "My Siha" by PolarDove

Broken Soldiers-A GarrusxShepard music video by solidfalcon

I want you to want me -garrus x Shep by TheGamerKitten

Shepard and Garrus-Pieces

Fem Shep/Joker- I'll Fly With You by 88imy88

[/QUOTE]

Edited by rynluna, 28 May 2011 - 01:26 AM.

The Uncanny

The Uncanny
  • Members
  • 11,563 posts
Glad to see this thread go up, ryn! FemShep rocks! :D

Edited by The Uncanny, 19 July 2010 - 03:17 PM.

Guest_LesEnfantsTerribles_*

• Guests
Supported, and fantastic work with the OP, ryn!

I absolutely adore my Female Shepard, and I love FemShep in generally. I wholeheartedly support the content of this thread.

Yana Montana

Yana Montana
  • Members
  • 2,622 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2
Girl Power!!! :wizard:

FemShep is our hero!

Edited by Yana Montana, 19 July 2010 - 03:17 PM.

Estelindis

Estelindis
  • Members
  • 3,424 posts
Love Jennifer Hale's voice acting.

Love the chance to play a strong, confident, complex woman in an intriguing military sci-fi setting.

Love FemShep. That is all.

jlb524

jlb524
  • Members
  • 18,139 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins
Well done OP!

Yes, and I love the FemShep experience, of course.

Guest_rynluna_*

Guest_rynluna_*
  • Guests
Thanks!

I just think it's about time she recieved a thread dedicated to her and I am hoping that we will bring some awareness to just how awesome she is.  :wizard:

Ashira Shepard

Ashira Shepard
  • Members
  • 3,057 posts
*runs around cheering with sparklers*

FemShep is awesome; that is all :D

Guest_Nadia73_*

Guest_Nadia73_*
  • Guests

AshiraShepard wrote...

*runs around cheering with sparklers*

FemShep is awesome; that is all :D

yeah!!!

*brings more sparklers*

FEMSHEP! FEMSHEP!   :wub:

• Guests
I also happen to love the ability to play a strong, capable and confident female protagonist, the likes of which are extremely rare, sadly enough. Plus, Jennifer Hale's voice acting happens to be outstanding!

jlb524

jlb524
  • Members
  • 18,139 posts
I would very much like for BW to release screens of FemShep in armor pre-DLC, so I know what it will look like on my Shepard before purchasing it. Like this last DLC armor purchase...we had no clue what it looked like on FemShep, until another forum poster provided some screens.

Same happened pre-ME2 release...they had all these screens of the freebie armor you could get with a pre-order...Inferno armor, Blood Dragon Armor, etc., but none showing the FemShep version. I still have no clue what Inferno Armor looks like on FemShep, tbh.

Ashira Shepard

Ashira Shepard
  • Members
  • 3,057 posts
Jib, you don't want to know...

Guest_rynluna_*

Guest_rynluna_*
  • Guests

LesEnfantsTerribles wrote...

I also happen to love the ability to play a strong, capable and confident female protagonist, the likes of which are extremely rare, sadly enough. Plus, Jennifer Hale's voice acting happens to be outstanding!

This.

It's not every day that you get to play a female leader in a game.  My RL friends are always asking me why I love ME so much and I tell them I get to play a female Commander who saves the galaxy.  The usual response is, "I didn't know you could play as a female."

jlb524

jlb524
  • Members
  • 18,139 posts

AshiraShepard wrote...

Jib, you don't want to know...

I'll take your word for it!

Guest_rynluna_*

Guest_rynluna_*
  • Guests

jlb524 wrote...

I would very much like for BW to release screens of FemShep in armor pre-DLC, so I know what it will look like on my Shepard before purchasing it. Like this last DLC armor purchase...we had no clue what it looked like on FemShep, until another forum poster provided some screens.

Same happened pre-ME2 release...they had all these screens of the freebie armor you could get with a pre-order...Inferno armor, Blood Dragon Armor, etc., but none showing the FemShep version. I still have no clue what Inferno Armor looks like on FemShep, tbh.

Most definitely this.

How difficult is it for Bioware to take screen captures and post them online? 

• Guests
I would also like to perhaps advocate unique content for Female Shepard. Dialogue in certain interactions with NPCs, for example. I know this already exists in-game, but it is so sparse and rare it is virtually unnoticeable.

On a related note, I'd also like to see unique animations for FemShep. Whilst she looks absolutely gorgeous in her formal dress included in Kasumi's DLC, her run and walk does not suit her attire at all.

jlb524

jlb524
  • Members
  • 18,139 posts
Yeah, I just want one screen of the Female version, just one.

And, yeah, it's funny (and sad) the amount of people that don't even know you can play the game as a female Commander Shepard.

NICKjnp

NICKjnp
  • Members
  • 5,048 posts
Holy Crap.... this gets added to the character support thread.

• Guests
One of my favourite pieces of Jennifer Hale's voice acting is when Shepard asks Liara "Are you going to be okay?" on the Normandy after Benezia's death. She absolutely nails that line, and she sounds so concerned and caring. Brilliant voice acting.

Guest_rynluna_*

Guest_rynluna_*
  • Guests

NICKjnp wrote...

Much appreciated!  Our group can also be found here!!

jlb524

jlb524
  • Members
  • 18,139 posts

One of my favourite pieces of Jennifer Hale's voice acting is when Shepard asks Liara "Are you going to be okay?" on the Normandy after Benezia's death. She absolutely nails that line, and she sounds so concerned and caring. Brilliant voice acting.

Indeed it its.  So smooth.

Guest_rynluna_*

Guest_rynluna_*
  • Guests

I would also like to perhaps advocate unique content for Female Shepard. Dialogue in certain interactions with NPCs, for example. I know this already exists in-game, but it is so sparse and rare it is virtually unnoticeable.

One of my favorite, unique interactions is with the Batarian in Garrus' recruitment mission in ME2.  I like the Renegade interrupt when you can pull out your gun and say, "Mine is bigger than yours," when he is being smug.  haha!

• Guests

rynluna wrote...

One of my favorite, unique interactions is with the Batarian in Garrus' recruitment mission in ME2.  I like the Renegade interrupt when you can pull out your gun and say, "Mine is bigger than yours," when he is being smug.  haha!

I am yet to use that Renegade interrupt. My Shepard just gives him a death stare, as if she is saying "STFU, jerk!". Haha! It is an awesome moment, however, and I wish that there were more lines of dialogue exclusive to FemShep like in this instance.

NICKjnp

NICKjnp
  • Members
  • 5,048 posts

rynluna wrote...

NICKjnp wrote...

Much appreciated!  Our group can also be found here!!

Group added as well.

jlb524

jlb524
  • Members
  • 18,139 posts
And, please, please, PLEASE, in the future, don't force our poor FemSheps to flirt with someone they may not want to *coughs* Jacob *coughs*