Photo

How Morrigan can get the child even if you refuse the ritual

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
301 replies to this topic

druplesnubb

druplesnubb
  • Members
  • 272 posts
HEAVY SPOILERS FOR ORIGINS
There are a lot of hints that the future games will focuse on Morrigan's child (probably not DA2 since the ckid will be less than ten years even at the end of the game but maybe in DA3 or 4) Now this could turn problematic because a lot of people didn't agree to do the ritual with her or didn't take her to the tower even if they did the ritual, but I don't think that would really have stopped her.

Now, even if you and Alistair/Loghain refuse to do it with her there is still a third warden, Riordan. Morrigan could probably have convinced him that they needed another person who could kill the Archdemon or just seduced him without mentioning the ritual.
Now when she has been impregnated she has to get to the top of Fort drakon unseen. Now since she is a shapeshifter, this isn't really all that hard. She even mentions turning into a bird in a conversation with Shale and if she can turn to a swarm of insects she can probably turn into a single insect too. And that's not even mentioning all other forms she could have without mentioning us. So she flies up to Fort Drakon and waits until you or Alistair or Loghain kills the Archdemon. Now she uses her magic to kill the warden slaying the Archdemon in a way that you can't see he/she was killed by someone else and absorbing the soul into the child. She then flies away while everyone thinks Urthemiel is gone for real. She has now gotten what she wanted while fooling everyone at the same time.

So what do you think about it? Does it sound plausible?

EDIT: something I forgot to add

You never see the warden who slays the archdemon die (and there is even a
giant flash effect to prevent the ingame onlookers from seeing
anything) so it's possible that Morrigan killed the warden with a spell
to make it look like nothing was out of place.

Edited by druplesnubb, 19 July 2010 - 07:13 PM.

Anarya

Anarya
  • Members
  • 5,539 posts
Sure except that you can ask her "why not Riordan?" and she says it needs to be someone freshly infected with the taint for the ritual to work. She actually can have the child without the ritual but only if you have had sex with her as a male warden at least once during the game.

Wittand25

Wittand25
  • Members
  • 1,570 posts
NO it has to be a fresh warden, Riodarn took his joining too long ago and was shortly before his calling and therefore not eligable.
If they decide to make the god baby canon a better theorie would be that Morrigan changed into a bird (she can do that) and flew to the advancing Grey Wardens to seduce one of them ( if you refuse the ritual she leaves days before the final battle and should have plenty of time to reach the other wardens).
I myself would favour it if the no god child version becomes canon because even if you take the dark ritual there is no garantie that the child would survive the pregnancy and birth and a canon can be easier established that way.

Edited by Wittand25, 19 July 2010 - 04:29 PM.

R.U.N

R.U.N
  • Members
  • 86 posts
If this was true, then why would anyone die from slaying the Archdemon in the first place and how is Morrigan without child in the Epilogue?

She needs the P.C to get the OGB through the DR one way or another.

Wonderllama4

Wonderllama4
  • Members
  • 934 posts
She's Morrigan. She probably had sex with you in your sleep.

BallaZs

BallaZs
  • Members
  • 448 posts
Sure it can be possible, except the Riordian thing mentoined before.

Anyway, I really want to see Morrigan again but I would prefer seeing her as my Warden in DA:O, guess I've got to get used to the fact that it won't happen :(

youjik33

youjik33
  • Members
  • 17 posts

R.U.N wrote...

If this was true, then why would anyone die from slaying the Archdemon in the first place and how is Morrigan without child in the Epilogue?

Exactly... if Morrigan somehow did go through the Ritual offscreen with someone else, then the Warden who kills the archdemon wouldn't die. And yet they do. So clearly, she didn't.

PaddyMaxson

PaddyMaxson
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Wittand25 wrote...

NO it has to be a fresh warden, Riodarn took his joining too long ago and was shortly before his calling and therefore not eligable.
If they decide to make the god baby canon a better theorie would be that Morrigan changed into a bird (she can do that) and flew to the advancing Grey Wardens to seduce one of them ( if you refuse the ritual she leaves days before the final battle and should have plenty of time to reach the other wardens).
I myself would favour it if the no god child version becomes canon because even if you take the dark ritual there is no garantie that the child would survive the pregnancy and birth and a canon can be easier established that way.

Surely with the "magic" of imported saves, this is irrelevant, just make it an epic side quest that's only accessible based on your decision ;s

edit: only problem with my "flawless" plan is if it doesn't happen in DA2, you're gonna be keeping a save game across 2-3 sequels :D

Edited by PaddyMaxson, 19 July 2010 - 04:45 PM.

Zhijn

Zhijn
  • Members
  • 1,383 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Maybe doing the ritual with your warden or someone else is BioWare's own intended ending.

Like in ME2 if you die you die, end of that story. Altho it really isnt, unless you wont purchase ME3.
So if you want to continue that intended story you do the frickin ritual, or in ME2 - survive the sucide mission!.
I really have no idea. Im just throwing guess's here. :P

Edited by Zhijn, 19 July 2010 - 04:45 PM.

Lord Gremlin

Lord Gremlin
  • Members
  • 2,927 posts
I don't think it's possible to canonize Dark Ritual.

NugWrangler

NugWrangler
  • Members
  • 332 posts

Wonderllama4 wrote...

I figured a similar scenario too when people started talking about the DR possibly being canon.  I get the feeling she only asked you and Alistair as a courtesy.  I don't think she would have put all of the time and effort in to following you around just to leave without her god baby.  There are any number of ways they can explain away the DR though, for all we know Flemeth snatched up a GW from somewhere else just in case Morrigan wasn't successful.    

Ryzaki

Ryzaki
  • Members
  • 28,200 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3

BPearl12 wrote...

Wonderllama4 wrote...

I figured a similar scenario too when people started talking about the DR possibly being canon.  I get the feeling she only asked you and Alistair as a courtesy.  I don't think she would have put all of the time and effort in to following you around just to leave without her god baby.  There are any number of ways they can explain away the DR though, for all we know Flemeth snatched up a GW from somewhere else just in case Morrigan wasn't successful.    

Except you know if she had the warden who killed the archedemon wouldn't be dead.

Who is that Masked Man

Who is that Masked Man
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Except you know if she had the warden who killed the
archedemon wouldn't be dead.

Unless of course Flemeth and Morrigan murdered the Warden at that very moment in order to cover their tracks!

Sniped 'em with death magic, maybe, while everyone was still reeling from the Archdemon's dying energy wave.B)

Thief-of-Hearts

Thief-of-Hearts
  • Members
  • 1,822 posts
i dont think the god baby is a must, since plenty of people have very dead wardens that shows no ritual took place. if she found some other way to concieve a god baby, what exactly was the point of having that option in DA:O? it's just railroading the player into an option they thought they could skip. btw that also means the warden has to be alive and is probably buried in that fortress in a giant tomb ... which is a little grisely...

Angel sai

Angel sai
  • Members
  • 11 posts
Considering she tries pretty darn hard to get the ritual whether with you, Alistair or Loghain (needs a fresh victim) I don't see how it would be possible for her to have her demon baby any other way. She specifically tells you it has to be on the eve of battle, so even a child conceived by a male warden before the final fight wouldn't attract the taint.

Ashbery

Ashbery
  • Members
  • 143 posts
Why not Darkspawn penis?

Guest_m14567_*

Guest_m14567_*
  • Guests
I sure hope not or a touch more emphatically, please no

Nikeh

Nikeh
  • Members
  • 4 posts

druplesnubb wrote...

HEAVY SPOILERS FOR ORIGINS
There are a lot of hints that the future games will focuse on Morrigan's child (probably not DA2 since the ckid will be less than ten years even at the end of the game but maybe in DA3 or 4)

What says godbabies dont grow up faster than human babies? (like the devourer thingy in angel series was born as adult for example) Anyway, imo the ritual is the biggest decision your able to make in DA:O and will prob affect the story from what you chose.(council in ME for example, even tho they dont do much in ME2 but whatever) Since that's kinda the idea of making diffrent decisions(they have diffrent outcomes)

I however hope that Morrigan(after being declined the godbaby) becomes a CultworshippedDemonicHybrid Prophet obsesed whit summoning her would be child. But yeeeaah that's just me<_<

Marzillius

Marzillius
  • Members
  • 361 posts
They don't need any explanation. They can simply say that Morrigan's Ritual is canon and the problem is solved.

druplesnubb

druplesnubb
  • Members
  • 272 posts

Wittand25 wrote...

Since its Morrigan we're talking about she could just have lied to make you feel more forced to do it or to make sure you doesn't mention it to him so she can try it with him alone as a backup.

And here's something that was supposed to be in the original post but I forgot.
You never see the warden who slays the archdemon die (and there is even a giant flash effect to prevent the ingame onlookers from seeing anything) so it's possible that Morrigan killed the warden with a spell to make it look like nothing was out of place.

I know it sounds farfetched but it could solve alot of plorelated problems in the future.

Edited by druplesnubb, 19 July 2010 - 07:15 PM.

druplesnubb

druplesnubb
  • Members
  • 272 posts

Marzillius wrote...

They don't need any explanation. They can simply say that Morrigan's Ritual is canon and the problem is solved.

Except that that kinda srews with the saves of everyone who didn't do the ritual.

Guest_distinguetraces_*

Guest_distinguetraces_*
  • Guests
There are so may ways for this to be explained that it barely even qualifies as a ret-con -- as must have been planned since the beginning.

Neither of my primary characters are doing the DR, but I wouldn't see an appearance by Morrigan's baby in the sequel as necessarily contradicting their stories at all.

night0205

night0205
  • Members
  • 849 posts
You guys are forgetting something. How can you canonize Awakening if you die? They don't care, if they want to use Morrigan's god baby they will. I actually think that they will. Awakening is canonized. It's official. The Warden did become the Arl of Amaranthine. It did happen. Things aren't as black and white as you see. Bioware will do what they think is best for the story, and yet allowing you to import certain decisions you have made in previous games.

Tirigon

Tirigon
  • Members
  • 8,573 posts

Anarya wrote...

Sure except that you can ask her "why not Riordan?" and she says it needs to be someone freshly infected with the taint for the ritual to work.

The OP suspected Morrigan of murder. I don´t think he or anyone sharing his theory will believe anything Morrigan says to you. It´s probably a lie.

Tirigon

Tirigon
  • Members
  • 8,573 posts

youjik33 wrote...

Exactly... if Morrigan somehow did go through the Ritual offscreen with someone else, then the Warden who kills the archdemon wouldn't die. And yet they do. So clearly, she didn't.

Read the OP again. Morrigan may have killed the Warden.