Photo

Official Witch Hunt DLC update

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

Mark Darrah

Mark Darrah
  • BioWare Employees
  • 53 posts
Hi everyone,
Thank you to everyone who has downloaded the Witch Hunt DLC pack.  As everyone here knows, Dragon Age: Origins is a huge game with a lot of choices for each individual player. Unfortunately, there is a continuity bug that is causing issues with a subset of our player base.  While this issue is not affecting the majority of people, it is still a significant issue that we will address. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing anyone.

Clearly, it was our responsibility to catch this sort of issue in the interaction of Witch Hunt with Dragon Age: Origins.
Our team is doing everything we can to fix this in a timely manner so those who are affected can go back to enjoying Witch Hunt as soon as possible. 

Stay tuned here for an update soon and thank you for your continued support.
Thanks,
Mark Darrah
Executive Producer

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
We're also investigating the fact that a save game is not being properly created at the end of Witch Hunt.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
We are very close to a PC fix now - beta testers should expect to have something tonight to test!

If successful, we hope to then get the console versions of the patch out to MS/Sony for certification shortly after.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
The beta patch has successfully passed today. We've now created the real PC patch with a proper installer etc (currently dubbed 1.04a) and this is in final tests over the weekend - we hope to release it on Monday (exact time still tbd).

The X360 title update, and the PS3 patch were also completed today and will be in test over the weekend - we hope to send these to MS & Sony early next week. Once we hear from the platform holders on a timeframe to release we'll communicate that out to you.

Thank you again for your patience.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
Just a quick notice that we're going to delay the patch - over the weekend we found one other bug which was fixed and we're currently testing.

We'll be contacting the beta group again to try this out and hope to deliver the full PC patch to everyone tomorrow instead. We'll do same for console patches.

Thanks again for your patience folks.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
Still working on this - the issue (and fixes) are not as straight forward as they appear, so apologies for the delay.

We believe we have now solved the remaining issues and the latest patch is being created now for all platforms to go into testing tonight and tomorrow.

If successful, we may be able to launch the PC patch either tomorrow afternoon or friday morning (Mountain time). Console patches will go into certification at that time as well.

I'll do an update tomorrow to confirm a release date/time.

Thank you again for your patience.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
Sorry for the late update folks it's been a busy day for fixes - significant progress made today, but still some more waiting, details below:

PC - In Progress.  ETA Monday.

We've had to change up how the fix will be delivered for PC.  Originally planned as a patch (1.04a), the update will now be delivered as a v1.1 of the Witch Hunt DLC package which players will need to re-download and install - full instructions will be provided. 

In addition to solving a variety of potential issues across various windows OS versions, and cases where more than one player/account exists on the same PC, this also allows us to future proof the update.

Although the core fixes have passed and are verified, we've had to explore and test a few ways to best deliver this to players.  

We are now in progress on a full test cycle of the v1.1 DLC package which will continue into the weekend - and if successful we hope to release this on Monday.  My apologies again for the delay, we were very much looking forward to having this out to you earlier than this.

X360 & PS3 - Final tests.  ETA tomorrow to go to certification.
The team is on the final verification tests of the X360 title update and PS3 patch which are both looking good.  We expect to submit this to certification tomorrow.

I'll post an update tomorrow.
F.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
Another busy day, but much better news to report this time:

PC: On track for Monday, aiming for usual DLC release time (10-11AM Mountain Time).
We'll have an update including the instructions on Monday (just in case), but everything is looking good for this to go out as planned.

X360: Has gone to certification!
I'll post an update once we hear back from MS on how it is doing, and when they expect to release it publicly.

PS3: On track to go to certification this weekend!
Similarly, I'll update everyone once we hear from Sony on release dates.

Have a good weekend folks.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
Hi everyone,

PC update of Witch Hunt DLC (v1.1) had no issues over the weekend and is now being propped to the live servers!

We will do a final check before making it visible to players - expect this to be about another hour from this post. I'll update once it is accessible for players and include a link to the instructions.

Thanks,

F.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
Sorry folks, slow upload today - the updated DLC is still being pushed to the servers - it'll probably be another hour or so to complete that and verify it is ok.

I'll post here once it is live.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
Witch Hunt DLC 1.1 is now available for download

Instructions on the DA patch page - social.bioware.com/page/da-patches

Download the DLC from your registered game promotions page - social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
A quick note to say the console patch versions are still in progress - we haven't forgotten about these - however, as of this point we still have not heard back on release dates for either X360 or PS3.

I hope to have this info soon and will communicate that once I do.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
Apologies on the delay - this has taken a lot longer than expected.

Good news for PS3 european players - we've heard from Sony Europe that the WH patch will go live tomorrow at approx 8AM GMT.

No release date yet for Sony America or X360 - we're continuing to chase for this info with Sony/MS and will update you again as soon as we can.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
Literally just heard from Sony for North America, and they will be going live with this patch for PS3 later today.

We should hopefully also see X360 this week - continuing to chase MS for this.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 631 posts
I'm very pleased to finally be able to tell you about a release date for the X360 title update - MS confirmed this should be going live tomorrow at approx 2AM PST.

My sincere thanks to those in the community for helping us with the beta testing for the fix on PC, and in particular to those PS3 and X360 players who were affected by this bug and have been patiently waiting for their patch or title update.