Photo

What's next for DLC?

• Please log in to reply
2409 replies to this topic

Mako Zalos

Mako Zalos
  • Members
  • 630 posts
So I was wondering now that we have the LotSB DLC out what can we expect next. Maybe some Kaidan/Ashley, Return of Balak, or some other interesting things. If Bioware could please give us a hint. I would like to know what you want to see. I know there is a thread about DLC requests but this is for bridging the gap between ME2 and ME3.

Busomjack

Busomjack
  • Members
  • 4,131 posts
If I see the word "Wrex" in any DLC description I will instantly be sold.

theelementslayer

theelementslayer
  • Members
  • 1,098 posts
Just going to throw this out there. Balak would be a problem for some people. I mean I kinda just killed him.

But VS DLC seems to be a must. Im not hugely worried about it because BW does deliever to its fans. LotSB anyone?

Spartas Husky

Spartas Husky
  • Members
  • 6,136 posts
hopefully, one that is 800 microsoft points, but they discount, the 180 they charged for the appereance pack, the 180 for aegies, and the mp for the firepower pack.

DIscount the costs of all those 3 and you got yourself a nice dlc :P

Mako Zalos

Mako Zalos
  • Members
  • 630 posts
I do really want a Wrex DLC. Maybe now that LotSB has been realeased and we get post SM missions maybe we'll get them from, I don't know if this is a spoiler now or not so please edit it because I have no idea, Liara instead of TIM.

Spartas Husky

Spartas Husky
  • Members
  • 6,136 posts
wrex will probably be there, rachni... and quarian.

I mean those are your allies.

Liara... with her thing.

Wrex... well, he is unifying the clans, krogans are the best shock troopers you can find, something has to be done about wrex.

Quarian homeworld, duno how that will be, but they do need a planet to shield their non combatants.

And the Rachni....for ovious reasons.

Each of your allies is connected to a force, rivaling the entire citadel races resources in some way.

Not even the spectres have the connections of ...."play dlc"

No Citadel race has the punch of the krogan.

No race has the fleet of the quarians/ geth, since a DLC for em would go hand in hand.

ANd the rachni are like, jack of all trade, master of all as well. They have the huge numbers of the krogan, and many ships.... ravling the quarian?? I duno.

Edited by Spartas Husky, 09 September 2010 - 08:05 PM.

Homebound

Homebound
  • Members
  • 11,891 posts

Busomjack wrote...

I approve.

Although I think the next DLC will probably be about Shepard. Something about his or her origins? Or something completely new like Overlord.

Spartas Husky

Spartas Husky
  • Members
  • 6,136 posts

Just_mike wrote...

Busomjack wrote...

I approve.

Although I think the next DLC will probably be about Shepard. Something about his or her origins? Or something completely new like Overlord.

stop being like that, otherwise they'll start being like activision or, infinity and say... know what next dlc is 1200.... then next one is 1600.

Veen130

Veen130
  • Members
  • 691 posts
Next big DLC will probably involve Ashley/Kaiden. Im looking forward to another small DLC, i loved the firepower pack and im hoping for another weapon pack.

Melancholic

Melancholic
  • Members
  • 789 posts
I would prefer a mission that is not acquired through a (former) party member. There's got to be more to life than recruiting and helping squad mates. ;) Maybe investigate some new way to defeat the Reapers? Lair of the Shadow Broker hinted at such a thing. Granted, it's more likely that will be one of the story arcs for ME3.

biomag

biomag
  • Members
  • 600 posts
I am still waiting for the armored appearance packs... I hope they will make them.

Except for that I just want a Ashely/Kaiden DLC and I have no special wishes for the others. Just keep the quality as high as with LotSB.

Spartas Husky

Spartas Husky
  • Members
  • 6,136 posts

Melancholic wrote...

I would prefer a mission that is not acquired through a (former) party member. There's got to be more to life than recruiting and helping squad mates. ;) Maybe investigate some new way to defeat the Reapers? Lair of the Shadow Broker hinted at such a thing. Granted, it's more likely that will be one of the story arcs for ME3.

Since its a trilogy, I doubt they can squish how krogans became united, how quarians and geth solve the problem, how the rachni come back

etc etc. In just 1 game, PLUS defeating the reapers.

Those will be the bridging dlc's. Wrex, Quarians/geth, rachni......

Now thing is.... what happens if you killed the queen. I mean, letting the rachni live, is a big force... the rachni once were as powerful as the salarians, and asari combined, so tey have to have a dlc..... I think,

hangmans tree

hangmans tree
  • Members
  • 2,161 posts
  • Mass Effect 3

Spartas Husky wrote...

wrex will probably be there, rachni... and quarian.

I mean those are your allies.

Liara... even now being the shadow broker herself.

Watch out with those SPOILERS! Dammit. See the forum description?

ev0k3r

ev0k3r
  • Members
  • 135 posts
I think I read somewhere that the DLC to follow after the Shadow Broker will bridge the events between ME2 and ME3, so I guess we might tackle some of the loose ends in ME2 which is always good.

Something related to old squad mates would certainly be nice, like Liara.

DarthCaine

DarthCaine
  • Members
  • 7,173 posts

theelementslayer wrote...

Just going to throw this out there. Balak would be a problem for some people. I mean I kinda just killed him.

They'll just replace his with a new NPC

Jebel Krong

Jebel Krong
  • Members
  • 3,203 posts
i hope they do something with some of the me2 crew rather than continually looking back at old squaddies - liara was ok after her short appearance in the main game, but i don't want to see ashley/kaiden again, really.

as long as it's of the quality of LoSB i don't really mid though.

Kavadas

Kavadas
  • Members
  • 408 posts
1.A Geth/Quarian solution would be a great one.

2. A DLC which involves some type of Alliance/Cerberus/Neither resolution with Shepard which heavily features the Virmire survivor would be nice.

3. Anything which involves Earth or Terra Nova would be great. We've yet to see a major Alliance city in ME. Could be a part of #2.

4. Something which deals with the direct aftermath of the Collector base and salvage operations. Could be a part of #2.

5. Really anything that moves story ahead and isn't completely compartmentalized (like Overlord).

6. Something which heavily focuses on Aria would be pretty cool (only if it foreshadows her as a squadmate for ME3).

7. A reunion with Admiral Hackett which lets Shepard get back into the Alliance fold and pick up where he left off before he was killed by the Collectors.

Guest_kajtarp_*

Guest_kajtarp_*
  • Guests

Kavadas wrote...

2. A DLC which involves some type of Alliance/Cerberus/Neither resolution with Shepard which heavily features the Virmire survivor would be nice.
3. Anything which involves Earth or Terra Nova would be great. We've yet to see a major Alliance city in ME. Could be a part of #2.
4. Something which deals with the direct aftermath of the Collector base and salvage operations. Could be a part of #2.
5. Really anything that moves story ahead and isn't completely compartmentalized (like Overlord).
6. Something which heavily focuses on Aria would be pretty cool (only if it foreshadows her as a squadmate for ME3).
7. A reunion with Admiral Hackett which lets Shepard get back into the Alliance fold and pick up where he left off before he was killed by the Collectors.

Helping Wrex unite the Krogan.

Jebel Krong

Jebel Krong
  • Members
  • 3,203 posts

kajtarp wrote...

Kavadas wrote...

Helping Wrex unite the Krogan.

er, he already did that. :blink: and the geth/quarian thing is bound to be a part of me3.

Guest_kajtarp_*

Guest_kajtarp_*
  • Guests
aye, didnt see it sorry.

Jebel Krong

Jebel Krong
  • Members
  • 3,203 posts
no, sorry - i meant Wrex already did that in me2!

Lvl20DM

Lvl20DM
  • Members
  • 573 posts
Wrex has only united a small part of the Krogan. Tuchanka has clans and countries unaffiliated with clan urdnot.

If the DLC is expanding the story for ME 3, and each is self-contained like SB, then I'd like to see expansions of Omega and the Citadel. I'll probably be surprised by whatever they do, though.

Chugster

Chugster
  • Members
  • 1,631 posts

Spartas Husky wrote...

Liara... even now being the shadow broker herself.

I duno.

thanks for the spoiler you ****

Guest_kajtarp_*

Guest_kajtarp_*
  • Guests

Jebel Krong wrote...

no, sorry - i meant Wrex already did that in me2!

no he didnt. He only started it.

Edited by kajtarp, 09 September 2010 - 11:18 AM.

digayann

digayann
  • Members
  • 4 posts
A DLC about the Citadel, the council, return of Sheppard as a full SPECTRE would be cool. With the new possibilities offered with the end of Shadow broker, Sheppard could make sure the known world is ready to fight.

Edited by digayann, 09 September 2010 - 11:35 AM.