16775 replies to this topic

Collider

Collider
  • Members
  • 17,165 posts
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST
Clan Zorah, the Tali Group: PLEASE GO HERE FOR ALL OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS

Please discuss ONLY Tali here.
Do NOT discuss the thread, and DO NOT discuss the fanbase.
If you wish to discuss something other than Tali HERSELF, please go here instead.

A Tali'Zorah thread must concentrate on discussion of Tali'Zorah. If you find yourselves discussing at length other characters--for instance, Daro'Xen--then begin a new thread to discuss that character. If you find yourselves discussing quarian sociopolitical issues in a manner that does not pertain to Tali'Zorah, go to the Mass Effect 2 Official Campaign Quests and Storyline Forum.

Forums are for in-depth discussion, not chat. If you find yourself in a
fast-paced back and forth conversation with a select few individuals,
you are likely in a chat mode and should consider taking your discussion
to PM or a BSN group.

There is no need to inform people of your arrival or departure. If you need to know who's online or when someone will be online, try sending them a PM. If you want people to know you are gone, the lack of posting is a good enough clue.

Posting fan art is acceptable to a point. It is not to be used solely to fill a lull in the discussion.

Trolling is not tolerated, but neither is responding to trolling. If you feel that a thread is being trolled, do not respond to the troller. If you
see others responding to the troller and would like to get them to stop,
send them a PM asking them to do so. Do not post in the thread in response to any trolling attempt. Let a moderator know about the situation and be patient: moderators try to address issues as they have time.

People are going to have differing opinions, both good and bad about a
character. Respect the opinions of the other posters. Argue the topic,
not each other. If you feel the person is only being contradictory to
get a rise out of others, this qualifies as trolling and you can send a
PM to a moderator letting them know.

Stanley Woo wrote...

Some spam removed. Some polite (for now) requests for this new thread:

1. The group has kindly asked that all off-topic conversation be taken elsewhere, such as the group forums, or to the threads where the topic is relevant. This thread is for all things Tali.

2. Pacifien may need some extra eyes and ears in here from folks dedicated to keeping the discussions relevant and civil. If you wish to help out, please send him (or me) a PM if and when you see posts from troublemakers, shenanigans, or other attempts by outside parties to get this thread shut down.

3. Pacifien is WAY nicer than I am and FAR more tolerant of the shenanigans that can happen in a popular, fast-moving thread. Be nice to him, or I may decide to get involved. (See next note.)

4. After I was forced to shut down the last Tali thread, I am understandably less tolerant of of-topicness, memes, motivationals, and seeing the same Tali pic reposted as I once was. I will not hesitate to edit or delete off-topic or inappropriate content, nor will troublemakers necessarily get a warning before receiving a ban. In other words, please read and follow our Site Rules.

Other things which I consider inappropriate for this discussion thread:
1. "dem" or "dat" anything.
2. Motivationals.
3. Expanding on, or getting the last word on, a joke that's already off-topic.
4. Getting mean over concepts not canonically explored (eg. Tali's appearance)

If you have any questions or concerns regarding our community, this thread, or this message, please let me know. Thank you.

^FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES OR YOU WILL BE REPORTED

-
This is the official thread for Tali'Zorah vas Normandy.
Please private message me (Collider) if you have any questions or requests.

Signatures:

Support Tali in your signature. In order to change
your sig, go to Forum Settings, and copy paste one of these image urls,
surrounded by img tags.

For example:

http://img16.imagesh...22/taliban2.gif
Posted Image

http://i94.photobuck...02/efbd3580.gif
Posted Image

http://i50.tinypic.com/mbkg0z.png
Posted Image

http://i50.tinypic.com/2afg5ti.png
Posted Image

http://i45.tinypic.com/13zu2xh.png
Posted Image

http://img641.images.../taligarrus.png
Posted Image

Edited by Collider, 05 May 2011 - 09:17 PM.

Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix
  • Members
  • 15,245 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Here we go! :wizard:

Guest_Runescapeguy9_*

Guest_Runescapeguy9_*
  • Guests

FieryPhoenix7 wrote...

Great way to start off.
The patern on Tali's hood. Any ideas as to where it came from or if she made it herself?

NuclearBuddha

NuclearBuddha
  • Members
  • 16,935 posts
After time adrift, etc.

Posted Image

I'd like to state that LotSB left me with a better impression of Liara, but that it also reaffirmed the choice I made RE: Tali. That was excellent writing on BW's part. The fact that they gave props to everyone's favorite quarian was a further sign they're doing all the right things.

epoch_

epoch_
  • Members
  • 8,916 posts
[Edit - If you have concerns about how the forum is run, you can send Chris Priestly a PM. -- Pacifien]

Edited by Pacifien, 13 September 2010 - 07:49 PM.

XX55XX

XX55XX
  • Members
  • 2,966 posts
Great, now maybe the Tali fans will come back and take the survey, so it may become a little more balanced.

Anyways, to start a discussion:

Do you think that Tali will undergo any sort of dramatic character change, like Liara did? Will the geth/quarian conflict have an impact on how to she views herself? Shepard? The geth? The quarians?

I think that would bring in a lot of depth to her character, kind of how it did for Liara. I would love to see how she handles such a conflict.

Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix
  • Members
  • 15,245 posts

NuclearBuddha wrote...

After time adrift, etc.

*snip*
I'd like to state that LotSB left me with a better impression of Liara, but that it also reaffirmed the choice I made RE: Tali. That was excellent writing on BW's part. The fact that they gave props to everyone's favorite quarian was a further sign they're doing all the right things.

Agreed 100%, Buddha.

Thundertactics

Thundertactics
  • Members
  • 2,176 posts
What happened to collaborately deciding who starts the thread?

Anyway, anyone else thinks it's odd how Tali's suit dossier is the same for femShep's as it is for male Shepards?

xlavaina

xlavaina
  • Members
  • 904 posts

Runescapeguy9 wrote...

FieryPhoenix7 wrote...

Great way to start off.
The patern on Tali's hood. Any ideas as to where it came from or if she made it herself?

It could be made for her by her friends, considering she has no family. Though I don't think it holds any real significance. Its could just be to let her stand out, considering virtually all Quarians besides Tali have dull looking suits. 

Collider

Collider
  • Members
  • 17,165 posts

Thundertactics wrote...

Anyway, anyone else thinks it's odd how Tali's suit dossier is the same for femShep's as it is for male Shepards?

You realize that is not a good topic to start the thread on?
Anyway...I'm willing to believe it's an oversight.

Edited by Collider, 13 September 2010 - 07:49 PM.

Volrath937

Volrath937
  • Members
  • 778 posts

Thundertactics wrote...

Thane having his love letter being restricted to Shepard's who romanced him implies that it's intentional that Tali's is not. Her dossier is very open to interpretation on what it means, though personally I feel it works best for her being romanced. 

NuclearBuddha

NuclearBuddha
  • Members
  • 16,935 posts

XX55XX wrote...

Great, now maybe the Tali fans will come back and take the survey, so it may become a little more balanced.

Anyways, to start a discussion:

Do you think that Tali will undergo any sort of dramatic character change, like Liara did? Will the geth/quarian conflict have an impact on how to she views herself? Shepard? The geth? The quarians?

I think that would bring in a lot of depth to her character, kind of how it did for Liara. I would love to see how she handles such a conflict.

Link the poll here, that will help, perhaps.

Her views really have already changed, though in a less drastic fashion.  She was pretty much "the quarian representative" in ME1, and now in ME2, she has a much more nuanced view of her own people.  Seeing as how they turned on her as a political move, and all.

Not to mention that she actually ends up sharing with Legion if you use ULB in the loyalty conflict.  That's pretty out there for a quarian.

NuclearBuddha

NuclearBuddha
  • Members
  • 16,935 posts

Thundertactics wrote...

It still makes a reasonable amount of sense:  Tali's checking up on human culture to better understand her sis femShep.  Even the relationship rituals or whatever download can be ascribed to her keeping an eye on who femShep is interested in.

General Douchington

General Douchington
  • Members
  • 257 posts
Doublepost wat

Edited by General Douchington, 13 September 2010 - 07:57 PM.

General Douchington

General Douchington
  • Members
  • 257 posts
[quote]Runescapeguy9 wrote...

[quote]FieryPhoenix7 wrote...

Here we go! :wizard:[/quote]Great way to start off.

[/quote]

Swirls, of love![/quote]

Edited by General Douchington, 13 September 2010 - 07:56 PM.

Zehtuka

Zehtuka
  • Members
  • 153 posts
Have you all done the Character Survey yet?

http://social.biowar.../index/4767278/

Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix
  • Members
  • 15,245 posts

Zehtuka wrote...

Have you all done the Character Survey yet?

http://social.biowar.../index/4767278/

Already done on my end.

Volrath937

Volrath937
  • Members
  • 778 posts
Her giving some data to Legion seemed like it was more to show Shepard she could work with a geth platform than anything else. She really doesn't give any sign that she hates the geth any less than she did in ME1.

NuclearBuddha

NuclearBuddha
  • Members
  • 16,935 posts

Volrath937 wrote...
Her giving some data to Legion seemed like it was more to show Shepard she could work with a geth platform than anything else. She really doesn't give any sign that she hates the geth any less than she did in ME1.

Except that she gave it without being prompted.

As has been pointed out before, that's the only difference between the ULB outcome and actually siding with her in the fight.

Adhin

Adhin
  • Members
  • 2,462 posts
XX55XX I can only hope that's the case. Ever since Tali did that little happy turn to stand next to shep in ME1 when you let her join ya I've been mildly smitten with her character. But I've always (least my main shep) disagreed heavily with how the Quarians dealt with the original Geth. I think having her opinion on them shifting towards not being so.. demonizing in a black/white fashion just due to her upbringing, that it would help some kind of large mission to get them back to there homeworld in a peaceful manner.

And even if it doesn't I'd just like her to shift her views a bit more neutral on the matter, shes at the very least been more accepting then she as in ME1 with understanding, not agreeing, but understanding. That's the first step shifting her view.

Edited by Adhin, 13 September 2010 - 08:06 PM.

NuclearBuddha

NuclearBuddha
  • Members
  • 16,935 posts

Volrath937 wrote...
Her dossier is very open to interpretation on what it means, though personally I feel it works best for her being romanced. 

It's also cool that it can be broken down as sort of a log of everything that happened during ME2.  Very clever, that.

ADLegend21

ADLegend21
  • Members
  • 10,686 posts
Tali's awesome!

Estelindis

Estelindis
  • Members
  • 3,424 posts

Thundertactics wrote...

I thought it was a little odd, yes.  But what has really surprised me is how much attention this dossier item received, compared to her attempted email to the family of one of the quarians lost under her command.  In retrospect, it shouldn't have surprised me, as "sex sells."  But I know I got far more pleasure from reading the attempted email.

We already see quite a lot of shy, geeky, cute, romantically insecure Tali.  We don't always see so much the young leader trying to rise to her people's expectations.  I was impressed.

NuclearBuddha

NuclearBuddha
  • Members
  • 16,935 posts

Runescapeguy9 wrote...

It's been my theory that it might be represenative of, or meant to evoke hair.  Curly hair.  There are some of those chinese stone lions near where I live and every time I see their mane it makes me think of that pattern.  Example.

NuclearBuddha

NuclearBuddha
  • Members
  • 16,935 posts

Estelindis wrote...

Thundertactics wrote...

I thought it was a little odd, yes.  But what has really surprised me is how much attention this dossier item received, compared to her attempted email to the family of one of the quarians lost under her command.  In retrospect, it shouldn't have surprised me, as "sex sells."  But I know I got far more pleasure from reading the attempted email.

We already see quite a lot of shy, geeky, cute, romantically insecure Tali.  We don't always see so much the young leader trying to rise to her people's expectations.  I was impressed.

In a way, you've captured why that dossier gets attention AND why it seems odd that it's the same for femShep.  Everyone just assumes it's about sex.

But yeah, the attempts to write to the families of her Haestrom team was wrenching.