Photo

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition

1020 replies to this topic

Victor Wachter

Victor Wachter
  • Members
  • 398 posts
The Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition has been announced! The 2009 RPG of the Year, along with the Awakening expansion and all game add-ons will be available in a single package on October 26! Check with your local retailer or look for it digitally through the EA store.

Edited by Victor Wachter, 30 September 2010 - 06:07 PM.

Daemon300

Daemon300
  • Members
  • 102 posts
Okay. Cool.

Now make a patch! Please...?

joriandrake

joriandrake
  • Members
  • 3,161 posts

Daemon300 wrote...

Okay. Cool.

the UE is already worth it if it has patches in it, and decisions/events properly transfer from one module to another (like the blood sacrificed mother thing)

Edited by joriandrake, 30 September 2010 - 05:43 PM.

Jamie9

Jamie9
  • Members
  • 4,157 posts
Thank you, all I'm missing is Awakening, Golems and Witch Hunt but it's still worth buying this anyway so thank you! A way for some of my friends who were put off by the amount of DLC being released for this game to buy it aswell, so I'm telling them to get this too. Best ultimate edition of a game ever.

I'm pleased, in case you didn't notice.

Brockololly

Brockololly
  • Members
  • 8,876 posts
Eh...if anything shoving all this stuff into one big Ultimate Edition means when DA2 comes out I may just hold out for the inevitable Ultimate edition there.

Jamie9

Jamie9
  • Members
  • 4,157 posts

Brockololly wrote...

Eh...if anything shoving all this stuff into one big Ultimate Edition means when DA2 comes out I may just hold out for the inevitable Ultimate edition there.

Or you could buy DA2 but not any of the DLC for it so you get to play the original game. Then a year later you can buy the ultimate edition which will probably still be a discount on all 7/8 DLC or even expansion packages.

Thandal N'Lyman

Thandal N'Lyman
  • Members
  • 1,790 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3

Daemon300 wrote...
Okay. Cool.

Don't have to "make" anything. 

Just package ""DA Ruleset Fixpack", "Qwinn's Unoffical Fixpack", "Dialogue Tweaks", "Morrigan Restoration Patch" (with ZDF add-in), and "Gatekisses". 
There. DA:O  as God and the writers meant it to be! Posted Image
(Oh, you're right. Forgot about Silverite Mine and busted PQs in DA:A!  Guess a patch is still needed. Posted Image )

Edited by Thandal NLyman, 30 September 2010 - 05:49 PM.

crysischaos

crysischaos
  • Members
  • 889 posts
I wish there was an option for those that have purchased the DLC to be able to get just a disc version of the DLC.

Master Bandit

Master Bandit
  • Members
  • 617 posts
Wow. If Bioware doesn't include the broken textures (sentinel armor etc) in this package, i know that some people will be pissed.

Guest_UnPlayer88_*

Guest_UnPlayer88_*
  • Guests
Will the 360 version have a disc with the extra content or will it just have download vouchers?

Daemon300

Daemon300
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Thandal NLyman wrote...

Daemon300 wrote...
Okay. Cool.

Don't have to "make" anything. 

Just package ""DA Ruleset Fixpack", "Qwinn's Unoffical Fixpack", "Dialogue Tweaks", "Morrigan Restoration Patch" (with ZDF add-in), and "Gatekisses". 
There. DA:O  as God and the writers meant it to be! Posted Image
(Oh, you're right. Forgot about Silverite Mine and busted PQs in DA:A!  Guess a patch is still needed. Posted Image )

Yeah, I was mostly talking about DA:A... Most of the bugs in DA:O didn't affect me.

MichiGen120

MichiGen120
  • Members
  • 17 posts
Awesome ! I really hoped that this will come true.

Brockololly

Brockololly
  • Members
  • 8,876 posts

Jamie9 wrote...

Brockololly wrote...

Or you could buy DA2 but not any of the DLC for it so you get to play the original game. Then a year later you can buy the ultimate edition which will probably still be a discount on all 7/8 DLC or even expansion packages.

True true true... its funny that I ended up spending more on all the DLC and Awakening than the price of Orgins and yet Origins was longer and (IMO) more enjoyable than all the DLC and Awakening put together.

But I guess thats the point of DLC for a company....

Valakas

Valakas
  • Members
  • 107 posts
Good news for me i guess, i haven't purchased Dragon age yet. But yeah, i won't be buying Bioware DLC anymore, seeing how it gets released at a cheaper price later.

How many disc for the 360 and PC version?

NamiraWilhelm

NamiraWilhelm
  • Members
  • 3,728 posts
Whoop whoop, finally annouced!

haatsmurf

haatsmurf
  • Members
  • 1 posts
any chance for people who have DA:O to just buy all the expansions and DLC without DA:O at a reduced price?

DarthVillainous

DarthVillainous
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Echoing UnPlayer88's question, could someone from Bioware clarify whether the DLC included with this will be on disc or voucher based? (I'm interested in knowing this for the 360, but I'm sure others will want to know about other versions) Also, could someone clarify whether or not some of the "non-quest" DLC (Blood Dragon Armor, feastday gifts, etc.) is included, as I didn't see any of that mentioned in the press release. Thanks.

Edited by DarthVillainous, 30 September 2010 - 06:33 PM.

Ulathar

Ulathar
  • Members
  • 2,819 posts
A very good deal for those who haven't bought DA yet :-)

Victor Wachter

Victor Wachter
  • Members
  • 398 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
The DLC will be on the disc. I know that Feast Day gifts/pranks are a part of the Ultimate Edition, and will find out whether the Blood Dragon armor and any other items are included.

Jamie9

Jamie9
  • Members
  • 4,157 posts

Victor Wachter wrote...

The DLC will be on the disc. I know that Feast Day gifts/pranks are a part of the Ultimate Edition, and will find out whether the Blood Dragon armor and any other items are included.

Ooohh, cool. I like the support we get in this forum, see how quick that was?

I'm so psyched for this I may end up buying the individual DLC anyway and paying more. :?

Guest_Acharnae_*

Guest_Acharnae_*
  • Guests
For us that have downladed all DLCs, can we burn them on a DVD and how?

Jamie9

Jamie9
  • Members
  • 4,157 posts

Acharnae wrote...

For us that have downladed all DLCs, can we burn them on a DVD and how?

No, the DLC is saved to your account. There is no way to burn them at all.

Guest_Acharnae_*

Guest_Acharnae_*
  • Guests
If there's a will there is a way.

Khayness

Khayness
  • Members
  • 6,756 posts

Victor Wachter wrote...

Will the DLC be installed in the User/BioWare folders aswell?

Lord Gremlin

Lord Gremlin
  • Members
  • 2,927 posts
Feastday gifts DLC not included???