Photo

Baldur's Gate 2 Redux: Irenicus' Dungeon - available for download NOW!

181 replies to this topic

mikemike37

mikemike37
  • Members
  • 669 posts
Baldur's Gate 2 Redux is a standalone playable module, recreating the first dungeon of Baldur's Gate 2 in the Dragon Age engine. 

The module will be released this Friday (22 October) on Bioware Social Network and Dragon Age Nexus and will use the conventional Dragon Age mod installer (installation guide will be provided for those new to using mods). A copy of Baldur's Gate 2 will NOT be required for this first module, but WILL be required for future modules. See disclaimer below.

Featuring
  • Around 2 hours of gameplay
  • New abilities and classes
  • New room and prop models
  • New creature models
  • Audio and dialogue extracted from the original game
  • Resting and camp mechanic with fatigue penalty for tiredness
  • New equipment including new weapon and armour types
Information will be posted daily up to release - be sure to check this post for screenshots and other tidbits!

Tuesday

Watch the new teaser trailer

Wednesday

Focus On: Custom Content

All-new screenshots and descriptions of the custom content you can look forward to in the module.

Thursday

Gamers Nexus article

Gamers Nexus editor Steve Burke gives BGR a try and shares his thoughts. (nb links to download will not work until Friday)

Friday

Download from Dragon Age Nexus

Now available on Dragon Age Nexus. Bioware Social Network should follow later.

DISCLAIMER
This not-for-profit mod recognises Bioware, Atari and Wizards of the Coast as copyright holders of the Baldur's Gate Intellectual Property and assets. We distribute some of this copyrighted content under the conditions of fair use of copyright as follows:

Our not-for profit mod is a reinterpretation of the Baldur's Gate Intellectual Property and does not replace the original game developed by Bioware. Attribution is given clearly at all times.

The work is distributed freely for the public's enjoyment: the mod authors benefit in no way, financial or otherwise from its distribution.

This mod contains only the first couple of hours of playable content from the considerably larger original game, marketed as having over 100 hours gameplay.

The mod provides an value-added alternative way to enjoy the original content in an entirely new way.

The mod raises the profile of the existing Intellectual property, and by presenting the IP positively and in a high-quality manner, improves the value of the IP and does not detract from it.

Future mods will make use of an installer that extracts text and audio from a full Baldur's Gate install, thus preventing the need to distribute this copyrighted content and directly encouraging the purchase of the original work.

Edited by mikemike37, 23 October 2010 - 02:52 PM.

Beerfish

Beerfish
  • Members
  • 17,259 posts
This looks pretty well brilliant.

jackkel dragon

jackkel dragon
  • Members
  • 2,047 posts
Woooo! I've been waiting for this!

Sunjammer

Sunjammer
  • Members
  • 882 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins
Made from pure Awesomite ™

Challseus

Challseus
  • Members
  • 1,009 posts
Congrats on the upcoming release!

danien.grey

danien.grey
  • Members
  • 196 posts
Looking good. Now I have to dig out my old BG2 CDs...

Guest_cosgamer_*

Guest_cosgamer_*
  • Guests
Absolutely CANNOT wait.

brutalissimo

brutalissimo
  • Members
  • 1 posts
You just made me shed some tears.
HOLY COW

Go for the eyes, Boo!

Sensorie

Sensorie
  • Members
  • 403 posts
Sheer brilliance!

Eagerly awaiting Friday.

Firky

Firky
  • Members
  • 2,023 posts
WOW. (I just shed a couple of tears too.) I noticed this project a while ago but I had no idea it was going to look so polished. Love the trailer. (PS. I saw those Golden Pantaloons in the inventory!)

IRMcGhee

IRMcGhee
  • Members
  • 666 posts
That looks seriously impressive !

Just hope that Boo made the cut :)

Guest_cosgamer_*

Guest_cosgamer_*
  • Guests
Boo HAS to make the cut...What would Minsc be without Boo?

mikemike37

mikemike37
  • Members
  • 669 posts
boo has most certainly not been forgotten... not only is boo forcibly equipped on minsc but his squeeks are in his soundset too.

Blackomen

Blackomen
  • Members
  • 9 posts
I can't wait looks very good man, now I have to go out and buy the BG2 again so I can play the rest of your release of this epic game!!!!

Edited by Blackomen, 20 October 2010 - 12:22 AM.

tpowl

tpowl
  • Members
  • 72 posts
Awesome man!!! I do have a copy of Baldurs Gate 2 for windows xp version yes!

tpowl

tpowl
  • Members
  • 72 posts
YA DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lukas Kristjanson

Lukas Kristjanson
  • BioWare Employees
  • 229 posts
Wow. That's... ambitious. I don't know whether to wish you luck or apologize to your families for your absence.

tpowl

tpowl
  • Members
  • 72 posts
Wow even Bioware employee acknowledges you that's amazing!

Cuvieronius

Cuvieronius
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Lukas Kristjanson wrote...

Wow. That's... ambitious. I don't know whether to wish you luck or apologize to your families for your absence.

Hehe...  probably both!   It's been... a lot of work, but think it was all worth it. 

Edited by Cuvieronius, 20 October 2010 - 12:42 AM.

nsvd9

nsvd9
  • Members
  • 1 posts
That looks incredible. Now I absolutely have to get a new video card by Friday since mine just died.   I was going to put it off but... Go for the eyes Boo!!!

Edited by nsvd9, 20 October 2010 - 12:59 AM.

ChickenDownUnder

ChickenDownUnder
  • Members
  • 1,028 posts
Major thumbs up for doing this.

Copyright Theft

Copyright Theft
  • Members
  • 197 posts
Hey, does this mean there's now a minsc and boo voice-set? who should I PM to ask for that as a stand-alone for DA:O?

BanditGR

BanditGR
  • Members
  • 715 posts
Words cannot describe the brilliance of this work. Even if nothing else gets released, your effort is to be commented. Incredible ! Tears come to eyes each time I see the "..So Sayeth the wise Alaundo".

Edited by BanditGR, 20 October 2010 - 08:47 AM.

CaolIla

CaolIla
  • Members
  • 598 posts
Wow that's awesome!

The Trailer is great and i can't wait to replay one of my all time favourite games!

Well at least a part of it.

I loved the idea to recreate this awesome game from the beginning and I'm really grateful that you finished the first part.

I really appreciate what the team has done so far and I hope all of you had their share of fun recreating the dungeon.

Shodushi

Shodushi
  • Members
  • 87 posts
this is looking absolutely fantastic!