Photo

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition - How To Access DLC?

55 replies to this topic

ladyphoenyxx

ladyphoenyxx
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Greetings all!

I just purchased the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition, which is supposed to include the following DLC content:

The Stone Prisoner
Warden's Keep
Return to Ostagar
The Darkspawn Chronicles
Leliana's Song
The Golems of Amgarrak
Witch Hunt

My issue is that none of the DLC content seems to be installed.  All of these titles are listed under "Downloadable Content" in the main menu, and all have PSN Store prices next to them (meaning I have to buy them from the store before I can download).

Please advise how I unlock and download these DLC titles for free, because they are all supposed to be included with the purchase of the game.

Thanks very much in advance!

ladyphoenyxx

Guest_Gurrock_*

Guest_Gurrock_*
  • Guests
Did you see red art included with the DVD.

Edited by Gurrock, 28 October 2010 - 02:33 AM.

ladyphoenyxx

ladyphoenyxx
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Hmmmm... "red art"? Not sure what you mean... the only things inside the case are the booklet, a code for special armor in Mass Effect 2 and an advertisement for Dragon Age II. There are no unlock/redeem codes inside the booklet for the DLC.

The only "code" that is available is on the back of the booklet where it says I can "get EA cheat codes and game hints". I tried entering the code (5 digit number) but it is not a valid redeem code.

Really confused!

Guest_Gurrock_*

Guest_Gurrock_*
  • Guests

ladyphoenyxx wrote...

Hmmmm... "red art"? Not sure what you mean... the only things inside the case are the booklet, a code for special armor in Mass Effect 2 and an advertisement for Dragon Age II. There are no unlock/redeem codes inside the booklet for the DLC.

The only "code" that is available is on the back of the booklet where it says I can "get EA cheat codes and game hints". I tried entering the code (5 digit number) but it is not a valid redeem code.

Really confused!

Did you buy it at GS?

ladyphoenyxx

ladyphoenyxx
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Gurrock wrote...
 Did you buy it at GS?

I did, yes.

It shouldn't be anything that they should have given me, the DLC is supposed to be included with the game.  Only pre-order bonuses are applied separately through a GS code.

Guest_Gurrock_*

Guest_Gurrock_*
  • Guests
Did you try Installing DLC indivually, Good Luck!

Edited by Gurrock, 30 October 2010 - 03:54 PM.

Fernando Melo

Fernando Melo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 639 posts
From the XMB, under the game disc icon should be an additional content icon. Selecting that will open another menu which lists each DLC. Select the ones you want and it will install to the PS3 hard drive. When done, go back and select the game disc icon to start the game - the add-on content should now be available.

techno-chicken

techno-chicken
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Fernando Melo wrote...

From the XMB, under the game disc icon should be an additional content icon. Selecting that will open another menu which lists each DLC. Select the ones you want and it will install to the PS3 hard drive. When done, go back and select the game disc icon to start the game - the add-on content should now be available.

Ive done this for all of them but RTO is not registering as downloaded. All ther others have worked fine. In uk if this helps

ladyphoenyxx

ladyphoenyxx
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Fernando Melo wrote...

Hmm, I'll try that, that is probably it.  I went through a 15 minute install, but perhaps didn't finish installing everything I currently have access to.

Thanks, I'll try that in a few!

Shadelon

Shadelon
  • Members
  • 657 posts
He would know he's one of the devs.

The PS3 version doesn't install everything at once. After installing the base game, you then have to go through the utility he pointed out and pick and choose which DLC packs to install at your leisure.

ladyphoenyxx

ladyphoenyxx
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Shadelon wrote...

He would know he's one of the devs.

The PS3 version doesn't install everything at once. After installing the base game, you then have to go through the utility he pointed out and pick and choose which DLC packs to install at your leisure.

Yep, I checked under the Game menu and installed everything individually... now I have everything that I need.

Thanks so much to everyone who replied to this thread, I greatly appreciate it!  The issue is resolved, and this thread can be closed. :)

:happy:

HighSpeedDirtuk

HighSpeedDirtuk
  • Members
  • 67 posts
I dont seem to have a code for mass effect 2? Iv not got round to putting the game into the ps3 yet and i already have 3 problems?

Dubya75

Dubya75
  • Members
  • 3,646 posts
I'm also having a problem in which no DLCs or expansion is available on my copy of PS3 Ultimate edition? They all have price tags but I thought it was all supposed to be included?

Iakona87

Iakona87
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Dubya75 wrote...

I'm also having a problem in which no DLCs or expansion is available on my copy of PS3 Ultimate edition? They all have price tags but I thought it was all supposed to be included?

Did you do what Fernando Melo said..?

"From the XMB, under the game disc icon should be an additional content icon. Selecting that will open another menu which lists each DLC.
Select the ones you want and it will install to the PS3 hard drive.
When done, go back and select the game disc icon to start the game - the add-on content should now be available."

Edited by Iakona87, 05 November 2010 - 12:13 AM.

zacinoff

zacinoff
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I purchased the Ultimate Edition through Steam and I can't access the content packs either.

Please help

Shadelon

Shadelon
  • Members
  • 657 posts

zacinoff wrote...

I purchased the Ultimate Edition through Steam and I can't access the content packs either.

Please help

This is the PS3 tech support forum. If you want PC help go to the PC tech support forum. 

Arthurian3

Arthurian3
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I purchased Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition through Impulse for my PC. I can run Origins, Awakening and Blood Dragon Armor, but all the other DLC modules say they are "unauthorized". They show a check in the box next to them which I assume means they are loaded on the computer - the download was more than 12 GB! I read the readme files and did the "recycle" button procedure with the DLC menu - still without results. I have register my game with Impulse, EA, and here. Please help.

firemark

firemark
  • Members
  • 58 posts
that is PS3 board not PC

DeusImperator

DeusImperator
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hi all, I'm using the PC version of Dragon Age Ultimate Edition and am having similar problems. I downloaded the game via steam but cannot access any of the DLC content - it instead prompts me to buy the content I've already bought. Having bought it on steam I don't have any box or promotional codes that i'm aware of. How can I access the content I've purchased?

Thanks

thisisevilevil

thisisevilevil
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hey.. don't know if you have gotten any help with it, but i was just wondering the same thing, and i found out that you actually have to "redeem" the DLCs first. When you bought the game over steam, you get 2 CD keys. The game key and a DLC key. The DLC key you need to enter here: http://social.biowar...redeem_code.php Remember to be signed in to your account :)

Bunkerman

Bunkerman
  • Members
  • 1 posts
YE i got that to, but after all the dlc's where activated (workt after the 2nd try) I enterd the game and opend the downloaded files. The files where still unauthorized :( plz help i dont no what to do and the support was no help. :'(

and yes it was the same email

lolscare

lolscare
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I can't see the point of buying through Steam if you have to login to another website and enter codes into arcane web pages. Totally pathetic.

Thanks for above help though - the game is now up and running.

crazy mikerwave

crazy mikerwave
  • Members
  • 8 posts
whats a xmb

Shadelon

Shadelon
  • Members
  • 657 posts
You're on PS3 and you don't know what the XMB is?

XMB means Cross Media Bar. It is the main menu screen that comes up immediately when you turn on the PS3. Sony actually explains this in their instruction manuals.

Zaibasis

Zaibasis
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Praise be to Fernando! I really wish there was better documentation with the game. This was my first game on PS3 and was thoroughly confused.