PS3 Exclusive Content Clarification

• Please log in to reply
1770 replies to this topic

Jesse Houston

Jesse Houston
  • Members
  • 221 posts
Hey Folks,

For those that don't know, I am the Producer responsible for Mass Effect 2 PS3.  Some of you may have read over on the German forums some of the details on Mass Effect 2 PS3's contents.  I'd like to provide some clarity as I believe that there was some translation errors in the interview that Casey gave.

Firstly I'd like to talk about what's on the BluRay Disc;  Of course Mass Effect 2 will be included.  On top of that, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Project Overlord, Kasumi: Stolen Memory and the Blood Dragon Armour.  

Also included is, as on Xbox 360 and PC, an access code to the Cerberus Network.  This will give you instant access to the same great lineup of Downloadable Content such as Zaeed and Firewalker. 

We've talked briefly about the Interactive Comic.  BioWare Edmonton (the group that made Mass Effect 2) teamed up with the fine folks at Dark Horse Comics to create an interactive backstory.  While I can't release all the details about this yet, what I can tell you is that we want to create a stunning visual experience that not only tells the core story elements of  Mass Effect 1, but also is fully interactive allowing you to be faced with some of the major choices which will have consequences your Mass Effect universe.  This interactive comic's initial release will be exclusive to PS3 owners who would be otherwise unable to realize the full effect of choice in the Mass Effect universe and will be included on the Cerberus Network.

There will also be some DLC Bundles, such as the Aegis Pack as well as exclusive both Free and Paid DLC for all PlayStation 3 owners such as the Recon Operations Pack.   
Edit: While I can't go into details all of this content is or was available to Xbox/PC Owners but otherwise wouldn't be available to PS3 owners
More details about this will be released later. ;) 

I want also to touch on the '6 hour exclusive mission'.  This I believe is a communication error lost in translation.  When we talk about 6 hours of content we are talking about what's included exclusively "On Disc" (Kasumi, Shadow Broker, Overlord), The Interactive Back Story and the Cerberus Network Access.  

Words can not express how very pleased I am to be able to bring this BioWare title to our PlayStation fans. 

Lastly - As we're still a little while away from shipping this game, therefor some of these details are subject to changing. 

-Jess

ps The the team is in the final polishing phase now and the game is looking fantastic!  I can't wait to talk more about it and show more of it soon!

Edited by Jesse Houston, 07 November 2010 - 04:47 PM.

Wrexdot

Wrexdot
  • Members
  • 125 posts
"as exclusive both Free and Paid DLC for all PlayStation 3 owners such as the Recon Operations Pack."

I don't like this part.

Guest_LiamN7_*

Guest_LiamN7_*
  • Guests
If you are bundling the dlc for the ps3 no matter what you are charging for it. The same package should be made available for the pc and the 360. Maybe an ultimate edition or release the dlc for free to even it up. Packaging should be the same across the board. No exclusives of any kind for any of the platforms. Its fair that way. Treat all the same no reason to complain.

AntiChri5

AntiChri5
  • Members
  • 7,729 posts
I fully support Mass Effect 2 getting a PS 3 release.

I understand that they need a little intro to make up for ME 1's absence.

I very much do not support them getting items in ME 2 which i do not.

Xallah

Xallah
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Wrexdot wrote...

"as exclusive both Free and Paid DLC for all PlayStation 3 owners such as the Recon Operations Pack."

I don't like this part.

+1

But otherwise it sounds really good. Many of my devoted PS user friends will be very pleased )))

LiamN7 wrote...

If you are bundling the dlc for the ps3 no matter what you are charging for it. The same package should be made available for the pc and the 360. Maybe an ultimate edition or release the dlc for free to even it up. Packaging should be the same across the board. No exclusives of any kind for any of the platforms. Its fair that way. Treat all the same no reason to complain.

Very reasonable. Totally agree.

Edited by Xallah, 06 November 2010 - 10:04 PM.

FuturePasTimeCE

FuturePasTimeCE
  • Members
  • 2,691 posts
what?!!! and we had to pay for those things on xbox and pc? :-( unfair.

MColes

MColes
  • Members
  • 343 posts
Don't be greedy. We've had plenty of time to enjoy it, games do this all the time when they re-release a goty version. If I go out and bought ME2 right now, with how cheap it is compared to what I spent at launch, I could by all the DLC and still save money.

morrie23

morrie23
  • Members
  • 1,231 posts
Thanks for the clarification Jesse.

DetailedSubset

DetailedSubset
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Jesse Houston wrote...

exclusive both Free and Paid DLC for all PlayStation 3 owners such as the Recon Operations Pack.

This is wrong (morally).

Dave of Canada

Dave of Canada
  • Members
  • 17,484 posts

FuturePasTimeCE wrote...

what?!!! and we had to pay for those things on xbox and pc? :-( unfair.

You also got the game a year in advance and can get it new for 19.99 while they'll most likely pay full price.

Babli

Babli
  • Members
  • 1,316 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2

Jesse Houston wrote...
There will also be some DLC Bundles, such as the Aegis Pack as well as exclusive both Free and Paid DLC for all PlayStation 3 owners such as the Recon Operations Pack.   More details about this will be released later. ;)

:mellow:

Kronner

Kronner
  • Members
  • 6,249 posts

Jesse Houston wrote...

There will also be some DLC Bundles, such as the Aegis Pack as well as exclusive both Free and Paid DLC for all PlayStation 3 owners such as the Recon Operations Pack.   More details about this will be released later. ;)

Why exclusive stuff for PS3? Seriously, you do that and there is no chance in hell I am paying for anything ME related ever again.

Edited by Kronner, 06 November 2010 - 10:07 PM.

xlI ReFLeX lIx

xlI ReFLeX lIx
  • Members
  • 1,383 posts

AntiChri5 wrote...

I fully support Mass Effect 2 getting a PS 3 release.
I understand that they need a little intro to make up for ME 1's absence.

I very much do not support them getting items in ME 2 which i do not.

^ This

Exclusives are a terrible idea. I hate when game developers do this.. I love Mass Effect and I have purchased every DLC for both games and every time theres a new DLC.. I get it the day it come out because I want to know abolutely everything in ME games.. now you throw exclusives to PS3? I wont lie, I am upset.

I thought finally there will be a game, on multiple consoles where everyone will get the same fair experience.. well, I guess I was wrong... Posted Image

Edited by xlI ReFLeX lIx, 06 November 2010 - 10:14 PM.

ADLegend21

ADLegend21
  • Members
  • 10,686 posts

Wrexdot wrote...

I don't like this part.

This. they're late to the party so they get exclusive DLC? makes no sense at all.Posted Image

charmingcharlie

charmingcharlie
  • Members
  • 1,674 posts

Jesse Houston wrote...

This interactive comic's initial release will be exclusive to PS3 owners who would be otherwise unable to realize the full effect of choice in the Mass Effect universe and will be included on the Cerberus Network.

Jesse Houston wrote...

exclusive both Free and Paid DLC for all PlayStation 3 owners such as the Recon Operations Pack.   More details about this will be released later. ;)

Those two statements need clarification I think, firstly what do you mean that the comics "initial release will be exclusive to PS3 owners" ?  and secondly it seems that Bioware are releasing exclusive content only available to PS3 users, I take it that is a nice big thank you to PC/360 users :blink:.

v1K0

v1K0
  • Members
  • 424 posts
There's nothing wrong with getting all the existing 360/PC content for free, but exclusivity BS is too far.

Ulathar

Ulathar
  • Members
  • 2,822 posts
That explains it. I sure was hoping for a six hour DLC, though xD

mad825

mad825
  • Members
  • 573 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Out of the frying pan and into the fire?

Oh well, at least there is some official confirmation about something.

Edited by mad825, 06 November 2010 - 10:10 PM.

Deturis90

Deturis90
  • Members
  • 617 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Thanks for the information Jesse.

Guest_LiamN7_*

Guest_LiamN7_*
  • Guests
@Xallah Fair is fair right. : )

@Future if you bought dlc and then it gets discounted you really cant complain. It happens. But if they make it free or included for one they should for all. Same thing for all platforms is fair.

tmk

tmk
  • Members
  • 591 posts
Awesome. Let's make people buy another console to buy the game again to be able to buy more DLC.

/me wonders if VS DLC will be PS3-exclusive... :whistle: 

Jesse Houston wrote...
There will also be some DLC Bundles, such as the Aegis Pack as well as exclusive both Free and Paid DLC for all PlayStation 3 owners such as the Recon Operations Pack.   
Edit: While I can't go into details all of this content is or was available to Xbox/PC Owners but otherwise wouldn't be available to PS3 owners
More details about this will be released later. ;)

Well, that makes a bit more sense... If they just get DrPepper promo stuff and pre-order exclusives arranged into different packages that's fair.

Edited by tmk, 06 November 2010 - 10:27 PM.

Wrexdot

Wrexdot
  • Members
  • 125 posts
BioWare: "Exclusive both Free and Paid DLC for all PlayStation 3 owners"

ME community: "WTF BioWare that's not right. What about us?"

BioWare: "Lol GTFO. PS3 owners > ME community"

Lord Gremlin

Lord Gremlin
  • Members
  • 2,927 posts
It's time to release a PS3 dynamic theme. Free. Good marketing.
Please?

And I actually support exclusive content in this case. Kinda.. PS3 tradition. You need a good incentive to buy a 1 year old game for $60 ($70 in my country) which you can buy for 1/2 of this price for PC.

Edited by Lord Gremlin, 06 November 2010 - 10:15 PM.

Jesse Houston

Jesse Houston
  • Members
  • 221 posts
See my edit regarding the unannounced 'Exclusive DLC'. I can't give details, but I can tell you that we're definitely working as hard as we can to create parity not disparity between the three versions.

DetailedSubset

DetailedSubset
  • Members
  • 255 posts
The fan base that built Mass Effect franchise and is the only reason Jesse Houston has his current job is being slapped in the face by this exclusive content. [Edit] this is no longer a slap in the face

Edited by DetailedSubset, 06 November 2010 - 10:28 PM.