Photo

Orzammar kings quest fail

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

terraarcanum

terraarcanum
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  Yea, I have a major problem. I started to run errands for both Harrowmonts and Bhelins right hand guy. 
And now both of them are telling me to go see what the other guy is going to do, but won't let me see their boss untill I have some info. And since I am not allowed to see any of the guys, I can't do **** about it. 

Is there any way out of this? 

I don't really care if there is something ingame or a cheat or whatnot.

saftogvann

saftogvann
  • Members
  • 4 posts
I'm in the same situation! Annoying as hell. Anything possible to do?

ReubenLiew

ReubenLiew
  • Members
  • 2,674 posts
This is a known game-breaking bug. Reload to an earlier save, pray that you conform to the RPG mantra of save everywhere and save often.

Rattleface

Rattleface
  • Members
  • 495 posts
Only way I got around this was to reload.

interesting03

interesting03
  • Members
  • 223 posts
One of the loading screen tooltips says, "beware of playing both sides, you might not be able to do it for too long". Or something like that anyway, now you know why......It's game-breaking, working as intended, after all they tried to warn you.

saftogvann

saftogvann
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Oh no. Hours wasted... Well, I have a save. So, is it enough to do it before you sign up for the Proving?

ReubenLiew

ReubenLiew
  • Members
  • 2,674 posts
I think you're not allowed to play both sides at all, as long as your save only involves you doing quests for one side it should be alright.

saftogvann

saftogvann
  • Members
  • 4 posts
I actually read that warning as a confirmation that this was possible to do - for a while - and THEN you would have to choose side.

saftogvann

saftogvann
  • Members
  • 4 posts
I got the quest that makes you a spy for the prince - but is there any way to get to talk to Harrowmont when his guy do not want to talk to me? I need information to Behlins guy.

interesting03

interesting03
  • Members
  • 223 posts

saftogvann wrote...

I got the quest that makes you a spy for the prince - but is there any way to get to talk to Harrowmont when his guy do not want to talk to me? I need information to Behlins guy.

Nope, you're going to need to restart, before you A) either finished the proving for harrowmont or B) gave those doccuments to Dace and Helmi. Atleast i think that's how it works. If you want to play both sides without glitching you can speak with the right hands and say you'll help them, but only follow through with one of them. The other will then ask you to become a spy and you should be able to speak with the one you chose.

Boeresmurf

Boeresmurf
  • Members
  • 486 posts
u can safely talk to both representatives and find out what there quest for trust is. and also tell the opposite side what u are doing for current questgiver.

but u can only procceed safely with 1 quest after it: either join proving for harrowmont or get those documents to the 2 nobles.. dont do both

Nighteye2

Nighteye2
  • Members
  • 875 posts

Boeresmurf wrote...
u can safely talk to both representatives and find out what there quest for trust is. and also tell the opposite side what u are doing for current questgiver.

but u can only procceed safely with 1 quest after it: either join proving for harrowmont or get those documents to the 2 nobles.. dont do both

Well, you can do both if you enter the proving under your own name, instead of for harrowmont. Then, after getting the 2nd quest from Bhelen, you can get a quest to switch sides from harrowmont's guy.

cdtrk65

cdtrk65
  • Members
  • 123 posts
Huh I played both sides right up until Baranka quest

I did Bhelen's 1st quest, then I talked to Harrowments man and he says to find out what he want next. Attack Jarvia, and Harrowment wants you to find dirt on Bhelen...you can do both.

Then they both send you to find Baranka

Edited by cdtrk65, 19 November 2009 - 04:22 PM.

Giygas Starman

Giygas Starman
  • Members
  • 46 posts
If you "picked" both sides at the beginning of this mighty quest, I have to warn you to make sure that you tell the other side's "ambassador" that you chose the other one instead. I took upon myself to both steal stuff for Behlen(??) and doing stuff for Harrowmont. But I never stole the documents, I just run straight with old ye general H all way and crowned him king, Fun and all, until I noticed that the quest for stealing documents for Behlen still was active. :( Catch 22 ensues.

Shadukar

Shadukar
  • Members
  • 9 posts
I can not wait to see what happens when i show up at orz with my dwarf. I mean... supposedly I'm dead... name stripped from memory.. and I can't wait to just kick the living crap out of bheln Wonder if there is an option to take the throne for myslef...

Count Viceroy

Count Viceroy
  • Members
  • 4,095 posts

Shadukar wrote...

Wonder if there is an option to take the throne for myslef...

No. You are dead in their eyes. Nothing more then any other elf or human liviing on the surface.

KalosCast

KalosCast
  • Members
  • 1,704 posts
Both of them said that doing your quest for them would ensure that the other wouldn't work with you... so yeah, maybe you shouldn't skip past all the dialogue and pay attention to the game you're playing next time.

Edited by KalosCast, 19 November 2009 - 06:00 PM.