Photo

IGN confirms collectors will appear in Mass Effect 3, alludes to multiplayer.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
130 replies to this topic

Busomjack

Busomjack
  • Members
  • 4,131 posts
In the article they mention that Shepard will unite the forces of Citadel space to stop the Reapers and their Collector army.

They also say that the traile alludes to a multi-player component.  I don't see how it does though.  What in the that trailer suggests that the game will be multi-player?  Can someone help me out because I'm not seeing it.

http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1139824p1.html

Guest_My name is Legion_*

Guest_My name is Legion_*
  • Guests
Oh dear....They'll make it a first person shooter with a action driven plot before we know it :(

Time Well Spent

Time Well Spent
  • Members
  • 578 posts
"The trailer alluded to rumors of a new multiplayer element for the series, which will likely take place amidst the human resistance's battle with the Collector invasion force. "

A quote from the article, seems like just guess work to me, but, we'll see.

Googlesaurus

Googlesaurus
  • Members
  • 555 posts
*facepalm*

IGN can't get their facts straight. 

Edited by Googlesaurus, 13 December 2010 - 11:53 PM.

Busomjack

Busomjack
  • Members
  • 4,131 posts
There will probably be a capture the flag mode between the Collectors and Human resistance with several maps where Snipers can flank any prospective flag thieves.

Terror_K

Terror_K
  • Members
  • 4,362 posts
They don't have a friggin clue. Where did they even get that from? BioWare haven't officially said anything about Collectors with regards to ME3, and the same goes for multiplayer. They're just pulling stuff out of their rear ends I'd say.

Tranceptor

Tranceptor
  • Members
  • 742 posts
*facepalm*

Nuclear

Nuclear
  • Members
  • 755 posts
Obviously you get to play as either an awesome British sniper or a Reaper. Bonus character will be a civilian.

Seriously though, how did they get multiplayer features from there? Unless anything involving shooting guns now automatically means multiplayer is involved somewhere.

Da_Lion_Man

Da_Lion_Man
  • Members
  • 1,604 posts
They're talking out of their ass.

Knoll Argonar

Knoll Argonar
  • Members
  • 624 posts
IGN doesn't have ANY idea about ME3.

Busomjack

Busomjack
  • Members
  • 4,131 posts
I think they must have inside information, how else would they know about the Collectors? We don't see anything about Collectors in the trailer other than that silhouette the British soldiers shoots which some speculate might be a Collector.

BiancoAngelo7

BiancoAngelo7
  • Members
  • 2,268 posts
I wouldn't place too much faith in IGNs fact checking skills, as you said, the trailer alluding to multiplayer is definitely not the case, not a single thing alludes to multiplayer, and as for IGN saying that a platform for ME3 has not been announced...yeah. Need I say more? Thats like IGN reporting a new Mario game is coming and saying "a platform has not been announced"...silly IGN

Vaenier

Vaenier
  • Members
  • 2,815 posts

Time Well Spent wrote...

"The trailer alluded to rumors of a new multiplayer element for the series, which will likely take place amidst the human resistance's battle with the Collector invasion force. "

Did we watch the same trailer they did?

Wolfknight581

Wolfknight581
  • Members
  • 110 posts
Augh, death match shooters that make no sense with the plot.

At least something like Pinnacle Station makes more sense.

Busomjack

Busomjack
  • Members
  • 4,131 posts
If they do make it a first person shooter I hope they at least make it like Halo. It would be cool if we could use vehicles like the Mako and Hammerhead in team deathmatch mode. Collectors can get their own vehicles too.

Iakus

Iakus
  • Members
  • 21,644 posts

Terror_K wrote...

They don't have a friggin clue. Where did they even get that from? BioWare haven't officially said anything about Collectors with regards to ME3, and the same goes for multiplayer. They're just pulling stuff out of their rear ends I'd say.

Maybe they figure if a game's got guns in it, it simply must have multiplayer. Posted Image

Wolfknight581

Wolfknight581
  • Members
  • 110 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
No. Wrong. It's going to be a Kinect adaptation. Bioware fed up with mocap guys that can't dance, make you dance for Shepard.

Edit: And it's going to have online dance offs.

Edited by Wolfknight581, 14 December 2010 - 12:02 AM.

Time Well Spent

Time Well Spent
  • Members
  • 578 posts

Vaenier wrote...

Time Well Spent wrote...

Did we watch the same trailer they did?

Yeah, but they seem content pulling stuff out of thin air and calling it news.

mattylee10

mattylee10
  • Members
  • 211 posts
What guff. Nothing in that trailer indicated collectors or multiplayer.

The poll is telling though. 5000 people for multiplayer and 21000 against (last count)

t-dave

t-dave
  • Members
  • 35 posts
IGN guesses collectors will appear in Mass Effect 3, maybe.

"Confirms"? No.

jojon2se

jojon2se
  • Members
  • 1,018 posts
Either way, I do expect the harvesting process involves making "collector" entities: advanced husks, not necessarily identical to the ones we've seen before, out of part of the population.

These thralls are the menial workers that "collects" less collaborative people for immediate "ascension", builds, maintains and serves as cannon fodder, when our own resources are turned against us, as well as against other species. I'm sure when the invasion moves on, one carfully selected region at the time, the reapers are likely to send in a few expendables, into unknow territory, before joining the fray themselves.

shinobi602

shinobi602
  • Members
  • 4,711 posts
"The trailer alluded to rumors of a new multiplayer element for the series"

Where?

Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz
  • Members
  • 632 posts
Epic fail.

Badpie

Badpie
  • Members
  • 3,344 posts
IGN has about as much clue as we do about what Bioware is doing with ME3. They should really just shut up since people tend to listen to them.

Also, the multiplayer aspect is such a huge farking fail of an idea. And um...didn't we DESTROY ALL THE COLLECTORS? Or did I just miss the entire plot of the second game?

Guest_LesEnfantsTerribles_*

Guest_LesEnfantsTerribles_*
  • Guests
Generally, I'm not too inclined to trust journalists. IGN is no exception.