Photo

Cerberus daily news going on hiatus. One more dlc confirmed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

Count Viceroy

Count Viceroy
  • Members
  • 4,095 posts
01/02/2011 - From BioWare's Cerberus Daily News Team

“OUT-OF-GAME NOTICE: The Cerberus Daily News will begin a hiatus on
January 24th, finishing its run of one full year. Daily postings will
cease except for three weeks in 2011: a week of posts will precede a
downloadable content release, and two more weeks will lead up to the
release of Mass Effect 3. The CDN team thanks fans for their attention,
comments, and feedback (both in and out of character!). We are sorry to
go, but we had fun -- we hope you did, too!”

1 more bridging DLC then by the looks of it. It better be effing awesome.

Edited by Count Viceroy, 02 January 2011 - 03:45 AM.

frylock23

frylock23
  • Members
  • 2,652 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
It had better feature the VS in some way ...

Eradyn

Eradyn
  • Members
  • 2,636 posts
I will miss CDN. ;-;

But woot! DLC! I hope it will be even more epic than LotSB. ^^ (Oh, and can I haz Garrus/Garrus voice, plz, BW?)

Count Viceroy

Count Viceroy
  • Members
  • 4,095 posts
Considering Me3 is scheduled for the holidays the DLC better be longer and of the same quality as lotbs. Suspect it's a bit too much to ask of a dlc though.

Edited by Count Viceroy, 02 January 2011 - 03:52 AM.

kmcd5722

kmcd5722
  • Members
  • 352 posts
oh no! i loved cerberus daily news! oh well, at least when it comes back again, it will be with DLC and ME3. i guess that's not such a bad trade-off. thanks bioware for providing such great reads through the CDN!

Eradyn

Eradyn
  • Members
  • 2,636 posts
I'm trying really hard to remain optimistic and hopeful, Count Viceroy. I know people were clamoring for a "Romance/Relationship Pack" a while back to flesh out character interactions and friendship/romantic relationships between Shep and crew. Doubt that would really happen...but it would be nice to beef that part of the game up.

Beyond that...it would be tough to top Overlord and LotSB...but I think BW can pull it off. And I hope they do. Would love to see more Vasir-like battles as well as the mixed types of gameplay we experienced (Hammerhead and car chase, for example).

Edited by Eradyn, 02 January 2011 - 03:56 AM.

Fortlowe

Fortlowe
  • Members
  • 2,435 posts
It was awesome while it lasted.

Count Viceroy

Count Viceroy
  • Members
  • 4,095 posts
I'd like to see the DLC allow us to make our case to the council once and for all, and it would involve the VS somehow. Get that part out of the way, so we can focus on being "god damn heroes" in Me3 from the start.

Edited by Count Viceroy, 02 January 2011 - 03:57 AM.

HappyHappyJoyJoy

HappyHappyJoyJoy
  • Members
  • 1,013 posts
Yeah, no way it will be solely Virmire Survivor or Relationship DLC. It's going to be plot-related. Maybe the VS will be part of it, I wouldn't have my hopes up.

Just one more DLC and no more daily news is disappointing.

Iakus

Iakus
  • Members
  • 21,896 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Hmm, stopping the 24th, will start up again a week for DLC release.  Means at least a month before this DLC drops.  Hopefully we'll at least have a name beforehand.

Mass Effect:  Witch Hunt?   Posted Image

Guest_Ms. Lovey Dovey_*

Guest_Ms. Lovey Dovey_*
  • Guests
Let's hope it features Thane or VS. Because a lot of fans will be severely disappointed if it doesn't.

Guest_AwesomeName_*

Guest_AwesomeName_*
  • Guests

HappyHappyJoyJoy wrote...

Yeah, no way it will be solely Virmire Survivor or Relationship DLC. It's going to be plot-related. Maybe the VS will be part of it, I wouldn't have my hopes up.

Just one more DLC and no more daily news is disappointing.

They could do a lot with a VS mission - the VS is doing important work, so anything we did with them would probably have a lot to do with the main plot...  Plus it could have a lot to do with getting back into the Alliance.

Also, maybe the VS is investigating Haestrom's star, Dholen, and it turns out this has something to do with how the Reapers are trying to get into the galaxy.  Maybe it's their improvised, crude alternative to using the citadel - and the only reason they hadn't used it in the first place could be because they consider it highly dangerous compared to using the citadel.

But who knows, we will see :D

Hopefully this isn't the only bridging DLC coming, but if it is, I hope it's a VS/alliance mission

Zulu_DFA

Zulu_DFA
  • Members
  • 8,217 posts
I said it in the thread in the "No spoilers" forum and I repeat here:

It's about time BioWare stopped wasting the writers on the CDN stuff and put them to work on decent planet descriptions for ME3.

Edited by Zulu_DFA, 02 January 2011 - 04:12 AM.

Praetor Shepard

Praetor Shepard
  • Members
  • 5,772 posts

iakus wrote...

Hmm, stopping the 24th, will start up again a week for DLC release.  Means at least a month before this DLC drops.  Hopefully we'll at least have a name beforehand.

Mass Effect:  Witch Hunt?   Posted Image

I wouldn't mind a Darkspawn Chronicles DLC before the ME: Witch Hunt equivalent :D

Terror_K

Terror_K
  • Members
  • 4,362 posts
Geez, I hope that there's more than just one more DLC release over the next year. When they said that LotSB was the first of several DLCs designed to bridge the gap from ME2 to ME3 I didn't think they meant the bare minimum definition and that there was only one more to come. I was expecting at least three or four.

ciaweth

ciaweth
  • Members
  • 1,121 posts
I'm going to miss CDN. Alas.

kglaser

kglaser
  • Members
  • 7,341 posts
Aw, man...that's been really fun to read, too..

Fun while it lasted!

Davidrules

Davidrules
  • Members
  • 49 posts
Wait, just one more dlc? I thought we were going to get like at least 5 more to tie up all of the loose ends from the last two games.

IRMcGhee

IRMcGhee
  • Members
  • 689 posts
That's what ME3's for.

Half_Moon

Half_Moon
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Zulu_DFA wrote...

It's about time BioWare stopped wasting the writers on the CDN stuff and put them to work on decent planet descriptions for ME3.

Quite honestly, I don't think it took that much effort for them. Probably was a "write whatever story for fun when you're bored" kind of thing between the writers.

Those stories weren't that long, I'm sure one writer can write more than one story in one working day.

Count Viceroy

Count Viceroy
  • Members
  • 4,095 posts

Zulu_DFA wrote...

One guy could write a weeks worth of daily news updates on a coffee break. I doubt it takes away from anything. Doesn't excuse the lack of planet descriptions however.

Davidrules

Davidrules
  • Members
  • 49 posts

IRMcGhee wrote...

That's what ME3's for.

Well I thought that if they tied up a lot of the loose ends with dlc, they could leave more room for creativity and free flowing expression throughout ME3

PARAGON87

PARAGON87
  • Members
  • 1,848 posts
Correction the OP, it means that there's going to be at least one more DLC.

I know it said that they're going to dedicate one week of CDN to a DLC release, but they didn't say that that would be the last DLC release.

Just want to calm the fears of some anxcious fans out there.  :D

Count Viceroy

Count Viceroy
  • Members
  • 4,095 posts

PARAGON87 wrote...

Correction the OP, it means that there's going to be at least one more DLC.

I know it said that they're going to dedicate one week of CDN to a DLC release, but they didn't say that that would be the last DLC release.

Just want to calm the fears of some anxcious fans out there.  :D

When they announce they are shutting it down, with the exception of  specifically1 dlc and then ME3, I'd say its quite telling. Why would they run stories on only a single DLC and then nothing until Me3 if they had more DLC in the works?. Makes no sense. Unless the other dlc would be a weapon pack or something useless.

Edited by Count Viceroy, 02 January 2011 - 04:58 AM.

RipperLord

RipperLord
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Looking forward to seeing what they are going to do with the storyline before ME3 comes out.