Photo

Single character stuck in slow motion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
665 replies to this topic

bghs2003

bghs2003
  • Members
  • 14 posts
When in combat my Hawke fights in slow motion. He runs from point to point at normal speed but any attack animation is affected. No other character or enemies have any slowdown at any time. This is not just a visual bug, abilities don’t take effect until the animation is over and basic attack dps plummets.

I have been playing Dragon Age 2 without a problem until this started sometime during the deep roads, I think it started at the optional large spider boss, but I am not sure. The most recent save I have that does not have this issue is right before my indentured servitude.

System specs:

Operating System: Windows 7
CPU: Intel core i7 CPU Q720 @ 1.60 GHz (8 CPUs). ~1.6 GHz
RAM: 4096 MB RAM
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5600/5700 series

http://support.ea.com said they had no solution, so I am not expecting much.

Rheia

Rheia
  • Members
  • 811 posts
I have the same problem! Tried updating the drivers, changing graphic settings, directx options... it's not fixing itself. :(  Main character is a mage, currently in act 2. Game runs smoothly untill combat starts and Hawke just fights in slow motion while other party members are fine.

Problem started in Bartrand's estate during the quest to confront Bartrand after his return to Kirkwall.

In earlier saves the combat is fine, Hawke fighting as normal.

System specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bits
Processor: Intel core i5 CPU M460@2.53GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 series

Edited by Rheia, 11 March 2011 - 04:50 AM.

Hamm101

Hamm101
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Same problem here, and it worked fine for a good bit of 12hrs and then suddenly it just goes to ****. I noticed it shortly after doing the deep road expedition can't remember when exactly. Playing a mage as well and I completed a warrior playthrough without any problems like this.

Edited by Hamm101, 11 March 2011 - 05:45 PM.

Khaelir

Khaelir
  • Members
  • 6 posts
I'm receiving the same issue. I have Mage Hawke and I can no longer play on my Mage save as Hawke's combat speed has slowed to a halt. It literally takes 10 seconds or more for her to cast a single spell, while all enemies and companions are attacking at normal speeds.

czaeba

czaeba
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Yep, same issue here. Tried dropping down to dx9, tried dropping high res textures. Tried many other video settings. Nothing works. Not happy at all, EA/Bioware.

Btw, pretty sure this is not my machine or a mem leak or whatever. It's only Hawke that is stuck in slow motion. Everything else is fine. Even if I click on someone else, Hawke still fights in slow motion.

Looking like this is a game-stopper for me.

Edited by czaeba, 11 March 2011 - 10:58 PM.

Khaelir

Khaelir
  • Members
  • 6 posts
I'm going to link a video later once the upload completes to show the problem visually.

czaeba

czaeba
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Well it can't be a video problem as I tried going back to an old save and it works fine. Maybe I'll give it a try from there and see if it happens again.

Dadanen

Dadanen
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Im having the same issue. so, is there no other fix besides loading an earlier save so far?

ShakerHieiWrath

ShakerHieiWrath
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Happened to me too. Im stupid I should have loadead a early save when it happened.

Khaelir

Khaelir
  • Members
  • 6 posts
 I've posted a video at the link below that may help BioWare see what we are experiencing better than we can describe.  It clearly shows the slow motion casting of Hawke while all companions are moving at regular speeds.

*warning video contains minor spoilers (combat only, no dialog)*

jojobongos1991

jojobongos1991
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Reverting to earlier saves didn't fix the problem for me... it seems like it gets worse as I play more in any save game :(

Naitaka

Naitaka
  • Members
  • 1,596 posts
Same issue here, here and here, I made a thread earlier about it. Please post in all of them until a developer acknowledge this problem, it's game breaking especially since I play on nightmare.

Edited by Naitaka, 12 March 2011 - 04:35 AM.

Rheia

Rheia
  • Members
  • 811 posts
Welp, older saves worked for me for a while... untill the slow motion slow down happened again. I see no rhyme or reason why it happens, out of three times it happend so far I see no specific action that triggered the slow motion. Once it happened in a fight following a cutscene. Other two times I don't think a cutscene was involved :(.

It is really frustrating to keep a gazillion of saves just in case the dreaded slow motion thing happens just to see the story unfold, bleh.

Curious, are all the characters this is happening mages? Anyone experience this with a rogue or a warrior?

Naitaka

Naitaka
  • Members
  • 1,596 posts
Happening to me on Warrior and Mage. I was thinking it might have something to do with haste, but it seems to be completely random.

steven goudie

steven goudie
  • Members
  • 3 posts
somebody know if is a bug i cant not select my fourth caracter when i going to select my group
the fourth person is not lightnig up when i try to select it when i take 3 the said group not complete
please anybody can help me

TheTWF

TheTWF
  • Members
  • 264 posts
My mageHawke has the same problem, where it seems like he's moving in slow motion.

No other character, including other mages, are acting like this. Started around the beginning of Act 3.

arosjoa

arosjoa
  • Members
  • 57 posts
I got this problem exactly when I start fighting the second dragon in the bone pit. I noticed that if I load a save before the problem then I got no problem at all.I am a rogue btw.

Wanik

Wanik
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Same for me, but I can't for the life of me remember when it started, but I know it gets worse the longer you stick with it.

jojobongos1991

jojobongos1991
  • Members
  • 7 posts
has anyone tried reinstalling yet? I'm about to and I'll post my results when I do

Guest_Mash Mashington_*

Guest_Mash Mashington_*
  • Guests
Same bug here. Reloaded earlier saves, reinstalled the game etc, etc. No luck so far

czaeba

czaeba
  • Members
  • 14 posts

jojobongos1991 wrote...

has anyone tried reinstalling yet? I'm about to and I'll post my results when I do

Please do. I'm about to give it a try as well. I've got it on Steam so I'm gonna have to download it again overnight. Ugh.

Btw, my character is a rogue and it's been happening to him for quite a while. At first I thought it was just me or maybe the framerate or whatever, but he got progressively slower until now he's in obvious slow motion. If he is hasted then he hits normally.

Edited by czaeba, 12 March 2011 - 05:27 AM.

Szymansk1

Szymansk1
  • Members
  • 23 posts
Same problem over here, but it seems to be sporadic.

TheTWF

TheTWF
  • Members
  • 264 posts
Hope this is fixable. It's turning the game experience into an annoyance.

Naitaka

Naitaka
  • Members
  • 1,596 posts
I've stop playing my warrior, this bug makes the game unplayable on nightmare.

LadyDeadlock

LadyDeadlock
  • Members
  • 10 posts
Yes, yes, same issue here. Reloading some of my earlier saves, it seems that the problem is progressive in that the character will slow down more and more as you go. I've given up on my game because of this. It's completely impossible to play. I miss the DAO characters. I'll just go back to that for now. :)
I feel no real love for any of the characters in DA II, and the dynamics between them all is weak, in comparison to Origins. The characters in Origins were brilliant and II pales in comparison. The banter seems forced and contrived, whereas with Origins, I would actually forget that it was a game I was playing... I digress...
Sad, though, since I've spent many long hours working up to this point. My character is "Champion"... I dread starting a new character to have to beat some of those bosses..... Hopefully there will be a way to fix games that are already in progress.