Photo

Dragon Age II PC beta patch 1.01

294 replies to this topic

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts
What platforms is this for?
•    PC only. This patch does not address issues impacting Mac, Xbox360 or PS3.

Where’s the actual patch file?
•    The beta patch can be manually downloaded HERE

What are the patch notes?
GENERAL
  • Fixed save game issues on single core machines
  • Fixed game asking for non-existent drives
  • Fixed release control issues where some players were unable to unlock correctly
  • Fixed a Steam-specific issue related to VO not playing after switching languages**
What does BETA mean?
BETA means:
  • Users apply this patch at their own risk. In general, we recommend you only download and apply it if you are affected by the specific issues listed in the patch notes.
  • **Steam does not support BETA patches. Steam users will have to wait for the final non-BETA patch before they can take advantage of these fixes. We're working on it but, unfortunately, this will not occur in time for the weekend.

:devil:

Edited by Chris Priestly, 17 March 2011 - 02:04 AM.

Jon Jern_

Jon Jern_
  • Members
  • 600 posts
I LOVE YOU.

Hoogies123

Hoogies123
  • Members
  • 189 posts
Hope this works.

ezewizard

ezewizard
  • Members
  • 6 posts
thank you so much

sandslayer76

sandslayer76
  • Members
  • 101 posts
I hope this works too. Thank you!

Ironhammer500

Ironhammer500
  • Members
  • 72 posts
cool dont need my temp fix any more and ty for the post i can turn off Hyperthreading now =P

Bluerippin

Bluerippin
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Tried to install the patch on my steam version of the game, and it wont install because it is the steam version. How can a patch that fixes a steam issue not work with the steam version? Fortunately this is not my problem but the non existent drive one. Hopefully we can get a working patch soon.

Elysium-Fic

Elysium-Fic
  • Members
  • 264 posts
WOOT!

djvagabond

djvagabond
  • Members
  • 1 posts
yaaay ... <3

wormhero

wormhero
  • Members
  • 2 posts
"This update for Dragon Age II is not for the Steam distribution of the game. Please run Steam to keep your install of Dragon Age II up to date."

/cry

Chatoyant

Chatoyant
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Thank you Bioware for your swift resolution.

striderboob

striderboob
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Fixed game asking for non-existent drives.

Works! No more getting errors when launching it and I stay logged in!

turpinm

turpinm
  • Members
  • 9 posts

wormhero wrote...

"This update for Dragon Age II is not for the Steam distribution of the game. Please run Steam to keep your install of Dragon Age II up to date."

/cry

I received the same message. Also, is this supposed to fix the save problem on dual processor machines as well? I have Intel Core2 Duo but still have the save game/forever loading issue.

Thanks!

Laureka

Laureka
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Thank you guys! Truly appreciate it!

Nathan Frederick

Nathan Frederick
  • BioWare Employees
  • 20 posts

turpinm wrote...

wormhero wrote...

/cry

I received the same message. Also, is this supposed to fix the save problem on dual processor machines as well? I have Intel Core2 Duo but still have the save game/forever loading issue.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, we cannot distribute a BETA patch on Steam.

Part of why this is a BETA is that we have not been able to reproduce the situation where multi-core machines exhibit the same symptoms as single-core machines.   We hope this fixes the problem, but cannot tell for sure.

(So if you were a multi-core machine that showed these symptoms, and this BETA patch does fix the problem, please let us know).

Erayse

Erayse
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Thanks SO much!

exomundi

exomundi
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Thats great.. so when will the fix for us who cant play the game at all come?!?! 

Edited by exomundi, 11 March 2011 - 11:13 PM.

rjcripe

rjcripe
  • Members
  • 15 posts
awww when will the patch be up on steam? Is there an ETA on that?

PoiSIN-XIII

PoiSIN-XIII
  • Members
  • 86 posts
Thank you greatly for your efforts and hard work on this I shall be downloading this now in hopes of it working I much look forward to my time in da2 =)

SummerSolstice

SummerSolstice
  • Members
  • 42 posts
I CAN SAVE MY GAME!!! THANK YOU!!! *goes to spam the save button*

Leovigild

Leovigild
  • Members
  • 1,650 posts
Hurray! Can save, the Fix works, thanks Bioware!

Kroitz

Kroitz
  • Members
  • 1,306 posts
I have gained access to the game. Thanks for the patch!

MemeLeigh

MemeLeigh
  • Members
  • 83 posts
It saved! and Auto Save works! Thank you so much! I'd hug you guys, but umm... I think that would be too forward. :-)

Edited by MemeLeigh, 12 March 2011 - 12:02 AM.

NatChaos

NatChaos
  • Members
  • 47 posts
wow. this was unexpected. i was assuming a wait of a few weeks or so. i'm very pleased with your response time to this issue, as opposed to the response to the loading sscreen freezes that mass effect 2 had upon it's release (it took a few weeks for that to be addressed).
not to dig bones out of the closet, i'm just saying this was a fantastic improvement in customer support.
i was totally willing to wait weeks too, as much as i love bioware and your games :)
kudos!

Babypummeler

Babypummeler
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Hey guys, Um I think people with multi-core processors not working properly may have something to do with the OS.
If you have windows xp 32 bit, (or something similar) you wont be able to use more than one CPU, may have nothing to do with game. just check it out, (Window key and Pause key same time)
find out what you're running, look it up to see if it supports processors.
Hope this saves you guys some time, Wishing the Bioware team every blessing I can imagine
~Peregrin~