Photo

Orzammar:Quest line killer. Choosing sides

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

RaZoRShArP20

RaZoRShArP20
  • Members
  • 64 posts
Hey people, on this thread we are in despirate need of a fix
http://daforums.biow...&forum=145&sp=0

Read it.

Whet i did was the following
When you do both quest for Harrowmont and Behlen your quest will break down and you are unable to continue.

1: Come into town and see the cutscene, go to the chamber of assembly
2: Talk to the shady character and he will give you 2 letters to bring to contractors in order to give harrowmont a bad name .
3: when you walk out some guy wants you to fight at the proving in Harrowmont's name and you also accept that quest.

I walked to both the letter quest npc's and went into the deep hall's to find the guy which also needs to see a letter.
(i also went to the Shapers and know the documents are false but i want to continue anyway)
When completed this quest i did not turn it in and went to do the proving for the harrowmont quest.

Now when i turn in the quest for the letters the Shady character see's me as a traitor and gives me the quest "Betrayel from within" and i am supposed to talk to harrowmont.
I go to the tavern and seek out Bulin balin.. whatever and hw now also see's me as a traitor and i failed to persuade him, not he wont talk to me and lord harrowmont can not be talked to.
So the Betrayel from within"quest can not be completed.

Also the one that gave me the quest insists i talk to Harrowmont.

This is a quest problem and it's broken..
Tond of people have this problem but there is no fix yet
I do not have a savegame that goed back recently having 2 savegames i keep saving on between every encounter .
first the one after the next encounter the other.

the only option i would have is to start over completely and i only have to gather allies fro orzammar.... thats the only one i still need .

i think it's easily fixed if Bioware just gives the Bulin guy in the tavern another dialog option that checks for the integer put on journal entry Betrayel from within"and takes you to harrowmont.

this is 10 minutes work for Bioware but allass no fix yet.

Apart from that the girl with the child in the slums who has been disowned is also bugged.

Girl:
You talk to her and go to her family as the quest discribes. you talk to the father in the tavern and he says she must loose the kid afterall.
I gladly bring bad news as a bad character so i want to do so... she is a normal Npc and cant talk to her after that .

Please Bioware Fix this!!!!
It's easily done and could have been avoided in the first place by not beeing able to carry both sides quest lines
Or by making the loop in the quest documentation decent..
Guess if they documented all quests and how they are made in a drawing this would stand out like a naked bearded white man in africa's non nudity zone. :-)

Haasth

Haasth
  • Members
  • 4,412 posts
I accepted both of the main quests, and finished one of them. I still had an open 'Paragon of her kind' when I completed it though.

RaZoRShArP20

RaZoRShArP20
  • Members
  • 64 posts
i finished both of them and now you get stuck

It's a huge bug.

But problem is people should be able to continue from the point they get stuck.

Otherwise everyone needs to go al over the game again.

i am not playing any further unless this is fixed..

Really ruined my game experience

RaZoRShArP20

RaZoRShArP20
  • Members
  • 64 posts
BUMP

Knox1776

Knox1776
  • Members
  • 88 posts
Sometimes you just have to pick a side.

RaZoRShArP20

RaZoRShArP20
  • Members
  • 64 posts
BUMP

Duck and Cover

Duck and Cover
  • Members
  • 439 posts
save often is all I can say.

I use permanent saves for new "transitions" and quick save alot (like after every battle and before battles too) By transition I mean a whole new line of questing sort of, not each area transition (or I'd be stuck like you).

I accepted both quests, but I didn't talk to the people for Bhelin. I kind of knew I wouldn't take his side. Eventually after doing the other quest, Bhelin's quest came up failed on my completed log.

RaZoRShArP20

RaZoRShArP20
  • Members
  • 64 posts
But a lot of people are stuck none the less.

And have no savegame from that specific part of the game .

It's outragious that no Bioware toolset handler guy will fix this and make it into a patch this is easuily done..

allthough i dont know how to edit the OC enough to do it or what consequenses it has if i do edit it .

Otherwise i could just go along and edit the specific dialog file in order to open up the next quest

trh5001

trh5001
  • Members
  • 214 posts
Don't know what to tell you other than to save often I'm about to start my 3rd playthrough and haven't encountered this problem yet.

RaZoRShArP20

RaZoRShArP20
  • Members
  • 64 posts
Bump...

Any response from bioware?

RaZoRShArP20

RaZoRShArP20
  • Members
  • 64 posts

trh5001 wrote...

Don't know what to tell you other than to save often I'm about to start my 3rd playthrough and haven't encountered this problem yet.

Try it out when you get to orzammar
Do both quests without collecting the quest afdter you completed them, and go to the guy from Bahlen first...
Than he will shun you and tell you to go see the lord and the Dulin guy wont talk to you anymore .
It has to be an error everyone playing that way should have it because it's a missing piece in the questline
conflicting, this is no mere programming bug.. it's sloppy.
because it's the quest line that is not finished in game, no random bug. But bad quest triggering made within the toolset i presume

Archfiend

Archfiend
  • Members
  • 112 posts
i had this happen luckily i had 1 save that i was able to use.

Yard Waste

Yard Waste
  • Members
  • 131 posts
You have to choose sides ,pick Bhelen or Harrowmont and you won't have a problem.

Paintbalisgood4u

Paintbalisgood4u
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Bump!

This is a game killer. I did the quest right after leaving the first refugee area, found the problem, thought I would do all other quests until a fix was made..... but now its still not fixed and I cant complete the game without doing this quest, which is bugged.

Can anyone at Bioware or EA please comment on this issue, just to let acknowledge the problem.

Jcq

Jcq
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Yet another victim.  please fix this.

bosst0ne

bosst0ne
  • Members
  • 1 posts
also stuck as well, 40 hours in!

Vandell

Vandell
  • Members
  • 12 posts
http://social.biowar...47/index/184856 My thread details the steps I took to make this plot-ending bug happen.

Godzilla vs Xenu

Godzilla vs Xenu
  • Members
  • 358 posts
There is a description of your game at this point that says something like "you probably will not be able to play both sides for long" or something like that. I had thought that you could get the chance to meet both candidates and divine their intentions first, but I was unable to do so. Once I began either one the other was unable to progress. In my playthrough the Baylin quest remained unchanged in my quest log until I got to the end of the game. I just assumed you have to pick and that is that - that you cannot fullfill both requests to support them (the proving and the letters), but maybe someone has experienced something different. I just assume you cannot do both, perhaps this needs to be made more clear but it wasn't really a problem for me.

Edited by Godzilla vs Xenu, 18 November 2009 - 05:38 AM.

Drummerhk-47

Drummerhk-47
  • Members
  • 11 posts
I´ve had a similar problem, I only did the Harrowmont quests, I did´nt even accept the first task from bhelen. And now I´m finished with Orzammar but the Bhelen quest is still active in my journal. And when you try to talk to Bhelens contact, he only attacks me. This has to be a bug of some sort.

RaZoRShArP20

RaZoRShArP20
  • Members
  • 64 posts
@ Godzilla vs Xenu

Is doesn't matter of the storryline is to be that way that cyou can not do both.

Or you can not do both because the quest is broken and they are not linked in some way.

First you can continue and uit's meant that way, the other is not meant that way and just bad quest design

Loc'n'lol

Loc'n'lol
  • Members
  • 3,594 posts
You don't even have an old auto-save ? It keeps 4 of these at a time.

Mesecina

Mesecina
  • Members
  • 190 posts
It's pretty logical however - you can't really expect Bhelen not to notice if you fight for Harrowmont in the proving and you can't expect Harrowmont not to find out what you did with those letters so yeah you're basically screwed but it's totallly "normal" - you can't expect either of them to send you in the Deep Roads as part of their expedition to find Branka since you betrayed both.

Real life is a **** aye?

KalosCast

KalosCast
  • Members
  • 1,704 posts
How about you pay attention to the game you're playing when both of them WARN YOU THAT DOING THEIR QUEST WON'T LET YOU WORK WITH THE OTHER ONE.

FlintlockJazz

FlintlockJazz
  • Members
  • 2,710 posts
I'm kinda stuck at this part, can't find anything ingame that would make my character choose between the two, since there's nothing to distinguish the two. They should at least let us see some sort of manifesto made by each candidate, even if it's a manifesto made up of lies. :(

Edited by FlintlockJazz, 20 November 2009 - 09:29 AM.

KalosCast

KalosCast
  • Members
  • 1,704 posts

FlintlockJazz wrote...

I'm kinda stuck at this part, can't find anything ingame that would make my character choose between the two, since there's nothing to distinguish the two. They should at least let us see some sort of manifesto made by each candidate, even if it's a manifesto made up of lies. :(

There are plenty of their supporters all over town (the majority being Behelen supporters, actually) as well as the criers giving information with proper listening. They explicitly state that Harrowmont is the conservative and Bhelen's previous actions imply sweeping societal change.