Photo

8 Hours left to Help BioWare aid Japanese Earthquake Relief

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts
Hi Everyone

Recently the people of Japan have undergone great hardship having been hit with devastating earthquakes, flooding and are currently dealing with the results of these disasters. BioWare wants to help the people of Japan during this time of need.

BioWare is auctioning off 2 Xbox 360 Game consoles and 2 custom painted PS3s each autograped by BioWare founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk each Xbox 360 will come with copies of Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition and Dragon Age II autographed by the respective game teams. We will also be auctioning off 10 of the new Zip up Mass Effect 2 hoodies again autographed by Ray & Greg. All proceeds will go to the Japanese Red Cross  to help the people who need it most.

The signed Xbox 360s, signed PS3a and all 10 of the signed Mass Effect 2 hoodies are available for your bidding on eBay HERE. The highest bid on each item wins the auction and all the money raised will go to the Red Cross.

We encourage all of our fans to bid on these items or to donate to the Japanese Red Cross for Earthquake Relief Thank you for helping us aid Japan. :)

IMPORTANT UPDATE
These auctions are available to everyone! No matter where you live, no matter which country, we will ship teh prize to the highest winning bid. When we set up teh auction, we accidentally left the setting as "US shipping only". THIS IS NOT CORRECT. We will ship to any country to whomever wins teh auction, for all available prizes.

:devil:

Edited by Chris Priestly, 19 April 2011 - 03:32 PM.

Teh Blasta

Teh Blasta
  • Members
  • 107 posts
I guess I need to learn to read because I had to do a double take as I read "an autographed BioWare founder", which is strange as I read the post as if BioWare was now a slaver band. What is even more strange is even if it were and the BioWare founders were up for auction for charity, who would they be signed by? The enigma of BioWare!

MrDizazta

MrDizazta
  • Members
  • 1,937 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
:blink::OB) 

Lenimph

Lenimph
  • Members
  • 4,472 posts
:crying:I wish I had money 

wildannie

wildannie
  • Members
  • 1,956 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2
Hope you raise lots of cash, unfortunately the bidding is already over my budget :(

Well

Well
  • Members
  • 765 posts
Good idea.They need to have the paypal in English.It would make it easier.Maybe I didn't get the right link.As soon as I put the amount and clicked it went to Japanese writing.

asindre

asindre
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Lenimph wrote...

:crying:I wish I had money 

I wish Bioware didn't hate everyone who don't live in the US:crying::crying::crying:

KennethAFTopp

KennethAFTopp
  • Members
  • 1,198 posts
This is the coolest thing Bioware has done since ME2.

Teh Blasta

Teh Blasta
  • Members
  • 107 posts

asindre wrote...
I wish Bioware didn't hate everyone who don't live in the US:crying::crying::crying:

Canadian companies do like America for business reasons, every where else on the planet, eh, not so much.:whistle:

Elhanan

Elhanan
  • Members
  • 11,208 posts
Thank you for doing something to aid others! All the best on raising funds for such a needy cause.

aries1001

aries1001
  • Members
  • 1,653 posts
Thank you so much for doing this. It seems that Ray and Greg haven't quite forgotten their parts as medical doctors - doing the(ir) best to help others. And I do wish I had much money...

LyndseyCousland

LyndseyCousland
  • Members
  • 779 posts
I've told my facebook friends about this as I personally don't have spare cash at the moment. :]

Reinveil

Reinveil
  • Members
  • 238 posts
This is a class thing to do Bioware, and it's for a great cause. Those people have been living a waking nightmare for over a month now.

Respect +1.

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts
IMPORTANT UPDATE
These auctions are available to everyone! No matter where you live, no matter which country, we will ship the prize to the highest winning bid. When we set up the auction, we accidentally left the setting as "US shipping only". THIS IS NOT CORRECT. We will ship to any country to whomever wins teh auction, for all available prizes.

Forgive for we are eBay n00bs.

:devil:

Edited by Chris Priestly, 15 April 2011 - 09:21 PM.

NamiraWilhelm

NamiraWilhelm
  • Members
  • 3,728 posts
4 days left and 400 dollars already, i dont stand a ruddy chance!

Louis deGuerre

Louis deGuerre
  • Members
  • 640 posts
Louis approves +10

MingWolf

MingWolf
  • Members
  • 856 posts
I like this.

DaBigDragon

DaBigDragon
  • Members
  • 835 posts
Great thing to do!

Question: Are the 360s the new slim model?

NvVanity

NvVanity
  • Members
  • 1,517 posts
"Checks bank account to make sure he won't be broke"

LETS DO THIS.

TheShadowWolf911

TheShadowWolf911
  • Members
  • 1,132 posts
im Surprised EA is allowing Bioware to help someone.

Xezcente

Xezcente
  • Members
  • 37 posts

TheShadowWolf911 wrote...

im Surprised EA is allowing Bioware to help someone.

That's a bit cynical, don't you think? 

FellowerOfOdin

FellowerOfOdin
  • Members
  • 1,326 posts
Can you sell Mike? :)

Great move though, hope the biddings go even higher.

Edited by FellowerOfOdin, 16 April 2011 - 06:57 AM.

Nasulprak

Nasulprak
  • Members
  • 151 posts
I have an idea that might encourage more donations.

While those prizes to bid on are cool, I've already got all those games, and consoles.
What I don't have are all the unlockable items. (The Ring of Whispers, Ser Isaac’s Armor, The Antivan Garrote)

Perhaps something like a $5 donation would unlock a new item altogether, or the same one from shopping in the Bioware Store?

Avalanche

Avalanche
  • Members
  • 1,944 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2
You have my money.

Centauri2002

Centauri2002
  • Members
  • 2,086 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Mass Effect 3
As much as I'd love to give my money to such a good cause, the bidding is already way out of my price range. Good luck to those still bidding and I hope you are able to raise a good amount. :)