Collider

Collider
  • Members
  • 17,165 posts
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST
Clan Zorah, the Tali Group: PLEASE GO HERE FOR ALL OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS
Original (ME2) Thread

Please discuss ONLY Tali here.
Do NOT discuss the thread, and DO NOT discuss the fanbase.
If you wish to discuss something other than Tali HERSELF, please go here instead.

If you would like to discuss same sex romance with Tali, please use this general thread for all same sex romance topics.

A Tali'Zorah thread must concentrate on discussion of Tali'Zorah. If you find yourselves discussing at length other characters--for instance, Daro'Xen--then begin a new thread to discuss that character. If you find yourselves discussing quarian sociopolitical issues in a manner that does not pertain to Tali'Zorah, go to the Mass Effect 2 Official Campaign Quests and Storyline Forum.

Forums are for in-depth discussion, not chat. If you find yourself in a
fast-paced back and forth conversation with a select few individuals,
you are likely in a chat mode and should consider taking your discussion
to PM or a BSN group.

There is no need to inform people of your arrival or departure. If you need to know who's online or when someone will be online, try sending them a PM. If you want people to know you are gone, the lack of posting is a good enough clue.

Posting fan art is acceptable to a point. It is not to be used solely to fill a lull in the discussion.

Trolling is not tolerated, but neither is responding to trolling. If you feel that a thread is being trolled, do not respond to the troller. If you
see others responding to the troller and would like to get them to stop,
 send them a PM asking them to do so. Do not post in the thread in response to any trolling attempt. Let a moderator know about the situation and be patient: moderators try to address issues as they have time.

People are going to have differing opinions, both good and bad about a
character. Respect the opinions of the other posters. Argue the topic,
not each other. If you feel the person is only being contradictory to
get a rise out of others, this qualifies as trolling and you can send a
PM to a moderator letting them know.

Stanley Woo wrote...

Some spam removed. Some polite (for now) requests for this new thread:

1. The group has kindly asked that all off-topic conversation be taken elsewhere, such as the group forums, or to the threads where the topic is relevant. This thread is for all things Tali.

2. Pacifien may need some extra eyes and ears in here from folks dedicated to keeping the discussions relevant and civil. If you wish to help out, please send him (or me) a PM if and when you see posts from troublemakers, shenanigans, or other attempts by outside parties to get this thread shut down.

3. Pacifien is WAY nicer than I am and FAR more tolerant of the shenanigans that can happen in a popular, fast-moving thread. Be nice to him, or I may decide to get involved. (See next note.)

4. After I was forced to shut down the last Tali thread, I am understandably less tolerant of of-topicness, memes, motivationals, and seeing the same Tali pic reposted as I once was. I will not hesitate to edit or delete off-topic or inappropriate content, nor will troublemakers necessarily get a warning before receiving a ban. In other words, please read and follow our Site Rules.

Other things which I consider inappropriate for this discussion thread:
1. "dem" or "dat" anything.
2. Motivationals.
3. Expanding on, or getting the last word on, a joke that's already off-topic.
4. Getting mean over concepts not canonically explored (eg. Tali's appearance)

If you have any questions or concerns regarding our community, this thread, or this message, please let me know. Thank you.

^FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES OR YOU WILL BE REPORTED
-
Please private message me (Collider) if you have any questions or requests about this thread.

test

Edited by Collider, 09 March 2012 - 01:25 AM.

TheAwesomologist

TheAwesomologist
  • Members
  • 824 posts
Here's hoping Tali will be a full fledged member of the squad for ME3 and not some temporary one-quest-wonder! She still in in my opinion the most important squadmate in the ME games even if you don't romance her. Can't wait to see where her story goes.

Forsythia

Forsythia
  • Members
  • 931 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Yay, a new Tali thread! \\0/ I want her to be a full squadmate and even better, a love interest for FemShep. Please, make it so, BioWare!

Edited by Forsythia, 13 June 2011 - 06:07 PM.

Alanosborn1991

Alanosborn1991
  • Members
  • 1,835 posts
Even if Tali is sidelined for Admiralty Board in ME3 I will still love her and support her. I mean the ENTIRE GALAXY is at stake and she has more experience then anyone so I doubt having her on infantry with Shephard will do as much good as having her be a leader for the Quarian people

Someone With Mass

Someone With Mass
  • Members
  • 35,044 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
Nice. I hope we'll catch a glimpse of her supposed new outfit in the near future.

Guest_The Big Bad Wolf_*

Guest_The Big Bad Wolf_*
  • Guests
Goddamnit Collider! I was making a Tali thread!

<---- is very angry

InvaderErl

InvaderErl
  • Members
  • 3,884 posts
Tali's already been confirmed as a full squadmate.

Alanosborn1991

Alanosborn1991
  • Members
  • 1,835 posts
But we dont know to what extent InvaderErl, it could be for 1 mission for all we know. And what I really hope is that Tali and Legion can work together for peace on both sides and unite both Geth and Quarians against Reapers at the same time.

MCPOWill

MCPOWill
  • Members
  • 317 posts
I hear that they will have a DLC character along the lines of Sebastion in DA2 for the collectors edition of the game. What if that was tali? I can just imagine the rage and hate that would ensue. I highly doubt that is the case though.

Yeah, what if tali is on the Admiral board? There is the chance still that she is exiled or dead, but what would she be doing otherwise besides stick with Shepard on his ship, especially those that held a romance with her. I suppose since Shepard in back in the Alliance in seems, then they would have problems with Tali on board an Alliance vessel, especially since Shepard is being tried for committing a galactic crime that could start a war between the Alliance and the Batarians, even as big as the Citadel vs the Terminus Systems.

Thundertactics

Thundertactics
  • Members
  • 2,176 posts

TheAwesomologist wrote...

Here's hoping Tali will be a full fledged member of the squad for ME3 and not some temporary one-quest-wonder! She still in in my opinion the most important squadmate in the ME games even if you don't romance her. Can't wait to see where her story goes.

Casey Hudson has already confirmed (to PC Gamer Magazine and here on Twitter) she'll be a permanent squadmember (though apparantly, Christina Norman thinks that term is not entirely appropriate).

Additionally, a pic (her suit may be a placeholder, but there's been no comments on that so far):
Posted Image

Edited by Thundertactics, 13 June 2011 - 06:15 PM.

Deanooo

Deanooo
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Alanosborn1991 wrote...

But we dont know to what extent InvaderErl, it could be for 1 mission for all we know. And what I really hope is that Tali and Legion can work together for peace on both sides and unite both Geth and Quarians against Reapers at the same time.

I think it'll most likely be for more than 1 mission, otherwise i doubt bioware would have confirmed her as a full squadmate in fear of major dissapointment.

SennenScale

SennenScale
  • Members
  • 766 posts
I wonder what the default decision in ME3 for the loyalty mission will be. Will she be exiled, part of the fleet but Rael is blacklisted, part of the fleet without being blacklisted, or did the loyalty mission never happen? Probably the last one.

Alanosborn1991

Alanosborn1991
  • Members
  • 1,835 posts
Yea there are a lot of variables Bioware needs to consider for the Tali romance
-Exiled
-Dead
-Unloyal
-Relationship with Legion
-Cheating romance or not

InvaderErl

InvaderErl
  • Members
  • 3,884 posts
Hudson's PC gamer interview seemed pretty straightforward about it:

"Casey Hudson: Wrex will be… basically everyone that’s a main character is in Mass Effect 3. Everyone – every single team character in the entire series – is in Mass Effect 3, but not necessarily as a squad member. So Wrex will be there but not necessarily as a full squad member.

The squadmates we can confirm are Garrus, Liara, Ashley or Kaiden, James Vega, and the one that we can mention that we haven’t mentioned before is Tali."

Plus the Twitter

Alexthehunted
@CaseyDHudson I read an article in PC magazine about mass effect 3 and said that Tali was returning as a full time squad mate is this true

@CaseyDHudson
@Alexthehunted Yes, Tali will be back in #ME3 and you'll see a continuation of her story arc.

(emphasis mine)

Plus we had that shot of Tali disembarking from the Normandy with Garrus and Shepard it seems that its been very much confirmed at this point she's a squaddie.

Edited by InvaderErl, 13 June 2011 - 06:20 PM.

Alanosborn1991

Alanosborn1991
  • Members
  • 1,835 posts
I guess at the Main Menu of ME3 there will be a quickstart and a full fledge comic doing the decisions for your start up into ME3.

So it will be:

New Game
>Import from ME2
>Quickstart Male
>Quickstart Female
>Comic

Troodon80

Troodon80
  • Members
  • 337 posts
Collider, just one quick question, I think we all remember how the S/S discussions went a couple weeks ago in the Tali thread, is there any possibility that there can be 'please keep "I want Tali to be a S/S option" to a minimum.' line in the OP? Not saying that people can't bring it up on occasion, but not constantly keep bringing it up, and then fighting against fans who don't want it.

This also applies as a question to everyone else. You know where the S/S thread is. Can you all please keep it there? I know some of you might want her as a S/S option, but there is a lot of fans who don't.

I'm not interested in another argument or heated debate, and I know what Mr. Woo said, but there is a dedicated thread for it.

CroGamer002

CroGamer002
  • Members
  • 20,491 posts
Why not just move existing thread?

S.A.K

S.A.K
  • Members
  • 2,741 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Mass Effect 3
well if Garrus is back in the squad Tali is probably back too and she is Tali'Zorah was Normandy right?

Guest_The Big Bad Wolf_*

Guest_The Big Bad Wolf_*
  • Guests

Troodon80 wrote...

Collider, just one quick question, I think we all remember how the S/S discussions went a couple weeks ago in the Tali thread, is there any possibility that there can be 'please keep "I want Tali to be a S/S option" to a minimum.' line in the OP? Not saying that people can't bring it up on occasion, but not constantly keep bringing it up, and then fighting against fans who don't want it.

This also applies as a question to everyone else. You know where the S/S thread is. Can you all please keep it there? I know some of you might want her as a S/S option, but there is a lot of fans who don't.

I'm not interested in another argument or heated debate, and I know what Mr. Woo said, but there is a dedicated thread for it.

I agree. S/S is a very hotly debated and touchy topic (and all attempts to discuss peacefully have failed), and for the sake of this thread, should be kept to a minimum.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by The Big Bad Wolf, 13 June 2011 - 06:35 PM.

Deanooo

Deanooo
  • Members
  • 350 posts

The Big Bad Wolf wrote...

Troodon80 wrote...

I agree. S/S is a very hitly and touchy topic (and all attempts to discuss peacefully have failed), and for the sake of this thread, should be kept to a minimum.

Same, let's just make it about tali's character and try to avoid that particular topic, for the sake of the threads sanity :P

mikethor007

mikethor007
  • Members
  • 2,562 posts

Troodon80 wrote...

I second this wholeheartedly.

Spartanburger

Spartanburger
  • Members
  • 1,486 posts
Forum sig I made for the ME2 thread:
Posted Image
Also: Troodon speaks truth.

Collider

Collider
  • Members
  • 17,165 posts

SennenScale wrote...

I wonder what the default decision in ME3 for the loyalty mission will be. Will she be exiled, part of the fleet but Rael is blacklisted, part of the fleet without being blacklisted, or did the loyalty mission never happen? Probably the last one.

I figure that the comic you use to make Shepards without importing may have the choice of what Shepard did at Tali's loyalty mission. If not...

In ME2 the default is generally Shepard just doing the
bare minimum to complete the game. So I'd guess default Shepard in ME3
has Tali exiled, but then again, her being exiled leaves a reference
that new players would either not "get" or would need to be told about,
which is extra work.

Pride Demon

Pride Demon
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts

Troodon80 wrote...

Hmmm... This seems a reasonable request, everyone has the right to his/her opinions but the debates had basically hijacked the thread back then, several attempt at discussing other things were ignored as that topic was constantly picked up again...

I don't know whether it should actually be put in the OP as a rule, it would be enough as an advice for the posters to show a bit of restraint, as to avoid escalations that could have repercussions for the whole thread...

They can post their opinion, but the debates go in the other thread, or something like that...

Mesina2 wrote...

Why not just move existing thread?

Everyone can do that!? I thought only the mods could move threads...Posted Image
If that's the case and they didn't I guess they thought we would simply create a new one...

I'm more curious about what will happen to the original Tali'Zorah Thread though...
I hope it won't end up dying on us... :(

Collider

Collider
  • Members
  • 17,165 posts
@Pride Demon: Matter's been settled already (check OP).