There is a new website similar to Epic Legion's, that can be used for the save conversion process. I realize this is a late addition to the guide, but I hope it helps anyone who notices. Here is the site:
Ok, so a while ago I heard a rumor that it was possible to convert Mass Effect 2 saves from Xbox 360 to PC. I found this very appealing as I would like to play ME3 on PC, but my characters had all been played on 360. It took a little digging, but I was able to accomplish this. I am not taking credit for the tools that are used to do this, but I am simply posting this as a single location tutorial so that others may do this as well.
- The first step is to acquire a flash drive. What you will need to do is insert this flash drive into your Xbox 360. Once its formatted so that it can be used by the 360 for storage, the next step will be to move your Mass Effect 2 saves over to the flash drive. They cannot be copied, they must be moved to the drive, so be careful with it!
- The next step is to insert the flash drive into your computer. Once your computer recognizes the flash drive, you will need to navigate to the folder named "Xbox360". This is a hidden folder, so if you don't see it you will need to set Windows to display hidden folders. With the flash drive window open you will need to go up to the "Tools" menu (if you are running Vista or 7 press the "Alt" key to display this menu). Under tools go to "Folder Options". At the top of the new window, go the tab that says "View". From there scroll down and select the option that says "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and then click "Ok". You should now be able to see the "Xbox360" folder.
- Now you will need to download the program Xbox 360 XTAF Explorer. This program allows you to explore the contents of an Xbox formatted flash drive. Download the zip file from here: http://digiex.net/do...af-v44-new.html. Extract the .exe file and open it. In XTAF, go up to "File", then select "Open Usb Manually" and select the "Xbox360" folder on your flash drive. Once this is open, you will see two 'tree' options, "Cache Partition" and "Data Partition". Click on "Data Partition". From there, click "Content". After a second, a list of random numbers and letters should appear. Click on each one. Each one should open another list of random characters. Each of those should in turn contain a few files. Open up all these until no more will open. All you have to do from there is scroll down until you find your Mass Effect 2 Saves. If that is the only data you have on there, it should be easy to find. Otherwise you may have to search a little to find them. Once you find your save or saves, right click on them and click "Extract". Save these files where ever you like.
- The next step is to pull the individual save files from these files you've extracted. The files you extracted in the last step contain all the save files from whatever Career or Careers you have in Mass Effect 2, but you must break these down into the individual save files so you can convert them to PC save files. You will need to download the program Modio. Here's a link: http://www.game-tuts...unity/modio.php. Once you've downloaded this you need to extract the files from the zip archive. After that, run the .exe to open Modio. Once open, go under the Quick Actions menu and select "Open A Save". Navigate to the file that you extracted in the last step. This will open a new window. At the top of the window click the "File Contents" tab. There should be a list of all the saves tied to the Campaign Career you extracted, including all Chapter Saves and Auto Saves. From there select the individual save you would like to convert and right click on it. From there select "Extract File". Save this where ever you like.
- The final step is to convert this save file into PC format. All you need to do is go to this website: http://legion.cal24.....php/site/index. From there click "Register" at the top and create a free user account. Once you've registered click "Login" at the top. Once you've logged in, select "My Saves" at the top. From there click the "Choose File" button, and navigate to the individual save file you extracted in the previous step, then click "Upload". That save file should appear under your "My saves" at the top of the screen. All you have to do from there is select "PC Export" and the converted file will automatically download.
There you go! Now your Xbox 360 saves should be fully useable in the PC version of Mass Effect 2. Just make sure to move them to the saves directory for ME2 PC. Hopefully this helps you.
Oh and thanks to Epic Legion for creating the awesome tool that made this all happen.
Edited by u60n0, 06 February 2013 - 07:16 AM.