Photo

Mass Effect 3 Demo Release Date and Information

• Please log in to reply
2507 replies to this topic

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts
Today we are very pleased to announce the release date for the upcoming Mass Effect 3 Single Player and Multiplayer demo. Please check out the FAQ below for details on when it will be available and information you need to know.

When is the demo for Mass Effect 3 being released?

The demo for Mass Effect 3 will be released on February 14, 2012. Timing may vary by platform and geographic region.[/list]
What platforms will the demo be on?

The demo will be on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC platforms.[/list]
What are the system requirements for the PC version of the demo?

Minimum Spec:[/list]
OS - Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1, Win 7
*Supported chipsets: NVIDIA 7900 or better; ATI X1800 or better.  Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 9300, 8500, 8400, and 8300 are below minimum system requirements, as are AMD/ATI Radeon HD3200, HD3300, and HD4350.   Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

CPU - 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (equivalent AMD CPU)

RAM - 1GB for XP / 2GB RAM for Vista/Win 7

Disc Drive - 1x speed

Hard Drive - 2.5 GB of free space

Video - 256 MB* (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support)

Sound - DirectX 9.0c compatible

DirectX - DirectX 9.0c August 2009 (included)

Recommended Spec:[/list]
OS - Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1, Win 7

CPU - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (equivalent AMD CPU)

RAM - 2GB for XP / 4GB RAM for Vista/Win 7

Disc Drive - 1x speed

Hard Drive - 2.5 GB of free space

Video - AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB or greater, NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB or greater

Sound - DirectX 9.0c compatible

What content will be included in the Mass Effect 3 demo?

There are two sections in the Mass Effect 3 demo, both included as part of a single download: The single player section includes 2 areas: the opening level featuring the Reaper attack on Earth, and a level further into the game where Shepard travels to an alien home world to seek their assistance in the war effort. This will be approximately 1 to 2 hours of content.The co-op multiplayer section includes 2 maps: Slum and Noveria.  This section will be open to players who have qualified for the early multiplayer access as of Feb 14, and will then open up to all players on Feb 17.[/b][/list]
How do I qualify to play the co-op multiplayer section before Feb 17?

The early access program for the demo’s multiplayer section begins on Feb 14, 2012To gain access to multiplayer in the demo any time between Feb 14 and when it opens up for everyone on Feb 17, a player must have met one of the following criteria:
Own Battlefield 3 and have activated BF3’s Online Pass. Logging into the demo using the EA Origin Account linked to that Online Pass will automatically unlock the multiplayer section of the demo.  Note that you do not have to enter a code anywhere – if you have activated your BF3 online pass, the multiplayer section of the demo will be unlocked for you when the demo goes live.Participate in an early access program that will be announced on Feb 7, 2012 – watch this site for more details.[/list]
Is there a way to verify I am qualified for the early access to co-op multiplayer?

Starting Feb 7, 2012 there will be a form on www.masseffect.com which can be used to verify if your EA Origin Account has been assigned early access privileges.[/list]
Can Mass Effect 3 co-op multiplayer be played split-screen?

No – the co-op multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 is online only.[/list]
What languages will the demo be in?

•     In-Game Voice Languages: US-English

•     In-Game Text Languages: US, FR, IT, DE, ES, RU, PL

Can I import saves from Mass Effect 2? Does the demo create a save game for the full version of Mass Effect 3?

The demo does not support save importing and does not create a save game for the full version of Mass Effect 3.[/list]
What character class can I play in the demo? Can I customize my character?

All six classes from the full game are included: Soldier, Vanguard, Sentinel, Engineer, Infiltrator and Adept.Players will be able to create a male or female Shepard, customize their appearance, and level up their character’s abilities and powers.[/list]
Will the demo feature the ability to set player initial player experience options by selecting “Action, “Role-Playing”, or “Story” settings?

Yes.[/list]
Is Origin required to play the PC version of the demo?

Yes. You will need to download and install the Origin Client (Link) and have a valid Origin account.[/list]
Will playing the Mass Effect 3 demo spoil the main game story for me?

The single player section of the Mass Effect 3 demo is taken from the main game and therefore by definition could be
considered to contain spoilers. The multiplayer section of the demo does not contain spoilers.[/list]
How long will the demo be available?

The multiplayer section of the demo will be deactivated March 5, 2012 The single player demo will continue to be
available past game launch (for a number of months – exact date for the demo to be taken offline is TBD).[/list]
Does the demo support Kinect on Xbox 360? In what languages?

Yes, the Xbox 360 demo of Mass Effect 3 does support Kinect functionality. The demo will have the same Kinect voice command language support as the full game: English (American, Australian and British dialects), French, German and Italian.[/list]
Edit: Some more questions answered below.

Will there be any in game items given for playing the Mass Effect 3 demo?

We will have more details on this on February 7th.

How much storage space will the demo take up on my console (Xbox 360 and PS3)?

The demo will take up under 2GB of space on colses.

Can you play Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer with bots?

No. Multiplayer is played online with other Mass Effect 3 players.

Will any data from Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer carry over into the real game? Like the Galactic Readiness level or similar?

No, no data from the Multiplay or Sinle Player demo carries into the real game.

Can I choose squadmates in the Single Player or Multiplayer demo?

In
the Single Player demo you are on 2 preset missions, so you do not select your party members (this will be more clear when you play the demo). In Multiplayer, you do not play with party NPCs, you play with other real players.

Can you play as different races in the Multiplayer demo? Which ones?

Yes, there are different races that you can play as in the multiplayer demo. We will be revealing more on these races soon.

Can you play the Multiplayer demo solo?

You can try, but it will be difficult as Multiplayer is designed for more than one person to play.

If you have further questions, please ask them below and get ready to play the demo of Mass Effect 3! :)

:devil:

Edited by Chris Priestly, 20 January 2012 - 07:37 PM.

GamerrangerX

GamerrangerX
  • Members
  • 298 posts
thks,so the info on the release date of the demo come in January BUT the "ACTUAL" release is 14Feb,thks a lots for the hype BIOWARE,NEVERTHELESS I LOVE YOU BIOWARE!!!

Edited by GamerrangerX, 18 January 2012 - 02:13 PM.

loungeshep

loungeshep
  • Members
  • 1,818 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
And now we know the fully story.

AcidGlow

AcidGlow
  • Members
  • 291 posts
I really hate that about multiplayer.... :\\ split screen is becoming a dieing breed. theres no more "Hey wanna come over and play blah blah blah?" Oh wait we cant cause its online multiplayer only -.- and that goes for just about every game.

Edited by AcidGlow, 18 January 2012 - 02:12 PM.

superg30

superg30
  • Members
  • 138 posts
3 days is hardly early access, i bought BF3 for the sole reason of this demo, i was under the impression that early access would be like a week early for the entire demo, not for only 3 days after the full demo is released, this is only about the 2nd or 3rd time BioWare has made me angry, but this being the thing that made me the most angry.

Edited by superg30, 18 January 2012 - 02:20 PM.

RyuGuitarFreak

RyuGuitarFreak
  • Members
  • 2,254 posts
A MONTH away...

ARGH.

Damn, gotta wait so much...

:pinched:<_<:(:crying:

Guest_TheDaniellasaur_*

Guest_TheDaniellasaur_*
  • Guests
Great so i can't play with my fiance anymore :/

Eralrik

Eralrik
  • Members
  • 377 posts
Doesn't this kinda negate the unlocks for Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning thats supposed to be in the ME3 Demo, I thought the full version of Kingdoms was coming out before the ME3 Demo comes out or do these unlocks carry over to the full game and do we wait to play Kingdoms till after ME3 Demo. <I'm so confused>!

superg30

superg30
  • Members
  • 138 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3

Eralrik wrote...

Doesn't this kinda negate the unlocks for Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning thats supposed to be in the ME3 Demo, I thought the full version of Kingdoms was coming out before the ME3 Demo comes out or do these unlocks carry over to the full game and do we wait to play Kingdoms till after ME3 Demo. <I'm so confused>!

agree

hawat333

hawat333
  • Members
  • 2,974 posts
Ah, an information thread!
Thank you very much for the heads up!

note: That's the system requirements, I guess, or it will be a pretty big demo. With that 15Gigs of disk space required.
:)

ganthet2000

ganthet2000
  • Members
  • 101 posts
Thank You Chris for the info. I am looking forward to it and will be playing ME1 and ME2 to get ready for the demo. Also some KOA and Skyrim in there as well. Agian Thank You. I hope the game is awesome.

KSRT8

KSRT8
  • Members
  • 214 posts
Thank you Bioware!

staindgrey

staindgrey
  • Members
  • 2,478 posts

superg30 wrote...

3 days is hardly early access, i bought BF3 for the sole reason of this demo, i was under the impression that early access would be like a week early for the entire demo, not for only 3 days after the full demo is released, this is only about the 2nd or 3rd time BioWare has made me angry, but this being the thing that made me the most angry.

You cannot be serious. You bought a $60 game you didn't really want... just to get into a free demo earlier than other people? Even after Bioware said that there would be alternate ways for people who didn't buy BF3 to get in early? I mean, realize this: you would have paid $60 for an extra week of otherwise free access to a game you'd eventually be paying another $60 for in the future.

If you seriously did that, I pity you, and sincerely hope you become a smarter customer in the future.

ganthet2000

ganthet2000
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
@Chris Priestly. Won't this be weird for the armor and daggers DLC for KOA? The game comes out before the the demo drops. The Armor and Daggers will be pointless. Might have better stuff by then.

Kargsure

Kargsure
  • Members
  • 177 posts
Argh - no, you're releasing the demo on valentines day - how could you.

Oh well, at least both hubby & I are hugh fans of Mass Effect, so it won't be just one of us wanting to rush off and play the demo.

twoacross

twoacross
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Really surprised this comes out after KoA with the cross-promotion, but glad to have an official release date now.

Nymph

Nymph
  • Members
  • 30 posts

ganthet2000 wrote...

@Chris Priestly. Won't this be weird for the armor and daggers DLC for KOA? The game comes out before the the demo drops. The Armor and Daggers will be pointless. Might have better stuff by then.

My Though, but according to Reckoning page http://reckoning.ama...d-mass-effect-3 is the N7 a reward from Online pass to Reckoning rather than Promotion item from ME3 demo

Taveira

Taveira
  • Members
  • 36 posts

RyuGuitarFreak wrote...

A MONTH away...

ARGH.

Damn, gotta wait so much...

:pinched:<_<:(:crying:

[2]

ganthet2000

ganthet2000
  • Members
  • 101 posts
@Nymph. It was supposed to be a reward for play the ME3 demo. But now it just seems like a cool item to show off more then a worth while item to help in the game.

SirRengeti

SirRengeti
  • Members
  • 145 posts
Stupid question #53307: 15 gb would be the full game and not just the demo?

S4pphi

S4pphi
  • Members
  • 113 posts
Origin required? Ah, the MOO people are on their way, and their arrows will block out the sun.

Prismvg

Prismvg
  • Members
  • 422 posts
Ok I have just one question: 15 GB of free space for the demo? While I am, in a weird way, pleased that ME3 will be so massive, isn't that a bit hefty for a demo?

Edit: Yeah, rather looks like a copy-paste of the reqs for me2.

Edited by Prismvg, 18 January 2012 - 02:53 PM.

Srefanius

Srefanius
  • Members
  • 385 posts
I think they just copied the specs of the full game there, don't believe its 15gb...

Edited by Srefanius, 18 January 2012 - 02:52 PM.

bossnig513mafia

bossnig513mafia
  • Members
  • 7 posts
thank god i know now. i have been waiting and waiting to hear the official date, wont be playing 14th (wife) but will be playing 15th!!!! :)

superg30

superg30
  • Members
  • 138 posts

staindgrey wrote...

superg30 wrote...

You cannot be serious. You bought a $60 game you didn't really want... just to get into a free demo earlier than other people? Even after Bioware said that there would be alternate ways for people who didn't buy BF3 to get in early? I mean, realize this: you would have paid $60 for an extra week of otherwise free access to a game you'd eventually be paying another $60 for in the future.

If you seriously did that, I pity you, and sincerely hope you become a smarter customer in the future.

no *I* bought it for the demo, but the game itself i gave to my brother. but i wouldnt have even bought it in the first place if i had known this about the demo, I would've just let him buy it since hes the one who wanted it, i just wanted the online pass, and he wouldnt have given it to me if he bought it, and i think it said that there would be additional ways for some people to gain early access, just wanted to guarantee mine.