Photo

Is it still possible to holster weapons?

712 replies to this topic

ODST 3

ODST 3
  • Members
  • 1,429 posts
It could just be something I'm missing but the Back button no longer holsters your equipped weapon. Is there any way to do this now, cause sometimes I just like to rotate around my Shepard.

Nashiktal

Nashiktal
  • Members
  • 5,565 posts
Doesn't look like it.

Mr Massakka

Mr Massakka
  • Members
  • 2,784 posts
I tried to. Doesn't work in the demo.

AlphaJarmel

AlphaJarmel
  • Members
  • 1,778 posts
Wow that kinda sucks.

FlashHand777

FlashHand777
  • Members
  • 106 posts
Yeah I had tried to also, wanted to see walking animations etc. Not really a big deal.

Gabriel S.

Gabriel S.
  • Members
  • 981 posts
What... I kinda hoped it would be like ME1 again. When the PC holstered, the team holstered as well.

Icinix

Icinix
  • Members
  • 8,065 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Yeah - this bugged me - I really love stopping and taking in the view of Shep and crew.

Instead looks like we got a tag all interactive things though.

ItsFreakinJesus

ItsFreakinJesus
  • Members
  • 2,289 posts
In ME2, you couldn't holster your weapon in direct combat zones. Seems to be the same with ME3.

incinerator950

incinerator950
  • Members
  • 5,617 posts

ItsFreakinJesus wrote...

In ME2, you couldn't holster your weapon in direct combat zones. Seems to be the same with ME3.

On the 360, using select would.  Of course, I never tried when actually in combat, but in a combat zone after everyone died it worked.

Icinix

Icinix
  • Members
  • 8,065 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3

incinerator950 wrote...

ItsFreakinJesus wrote...

On the 360, using select would.  Of course, I never tried when actually in combat, but in a combat zone after everyone died it worked.

Yeah same on PC. Once enemies were down, you could holster and trot around until you encountered more.

Gabriel S.

Gabriel S.
  • Members
  • 981 posts

incinerator950 wrote...

ItsFreakinJesus wrote...

Well, wait... you can't in combat, but you can when combat is over? Well, that's okay, if it's the same in ME3.

Edited by Gabriel Stelinski, 12 February 2012 - 03:46 AM.

incinerator950

incinerator950
  • Members
  • 5,617 posts

Gabriel Stelinski wrote...

incinerator950 wrote...

ItsFreakinJesus wrote...

Well, wait... you can't in combat, but you can when combat is over? Well, that's okay, if it's the same in ME3.

I randomly do it just to not make the running animations stay stale.

Tea Ess

Tea Ess
  • Members
  • 3,351 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
Same on PS3, just a different button; select. After all the enemies are dead, you can holster it. Apparently... disabled in the demo?

incinerator950

incinerator950
  • Members
  • 5,617 posts

t_skwerl wrote...

Same on PS3, just a different button; select. After all the enemies are dead, you can holster it. Apparently... disabled in the demo?

Not surprising if it is, its a demo.

Tea Ess

Tea Ess
  • Members
  • 3,351 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
Exactly. Hope it's in the full game, though.

Liber320

Liber320
  • Members
  • 1,333 posts
Wasn't able to holster it in the demo, but they pretty much had you in combat the whole time. Hopefully they didn't forget about it or take it out for some reason. I feel retarded running around with my gun out everywhere

ODST 3

ODST 3
  • Members
  • 1,429 posts
Could we get a confirmation on this small detail, pretty please? :-)

Tea Ess

Tea Ess
  • Members
  • 3,351 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
It's not really about the look for me, you just walk slower with our gun out. I like jogging more than that slow walk.

MasterSamson88

MasterSamson88
  • Members
  • 1,651 posts
It'd be good to tweet a developer about this perhaps, I really hope the holster button is still there.

ItsFreakinJesus

ItsFreakinJesus
  • Members
  • 2,289 posts

incinerator950 wrote...

ItsFreakinJesus wrote...

I know, hence my use of direct combat zone. 

If it were up to me though, you'd be able to holster guns while being shot in the face.

Gibb_Shepard

Gibb_Shepard
  • Members
  • 3,683 posts
I gotta admit, little things like holstering my gun or sheathing my sword whenever i please is kind of a big deal for me. Hopefully it's only a demo thing.

BeardedNinja

BeardedNinja
  • Members
  • 501 posts
Yes I want to know if holster is in the main game or not. It makes me feel more in control of my character and there would be no valid reason for it to be out after two games.

matt-bassist

matt-bassist
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts
yea it would be awesome to get some sort of dev confirmation about the holstering.

guarf1

guarf1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Gibb_Shepard wrote...

I gotta admit, little things like holstering my gun or sheathing my sword whenever i please is kind of a big deal for me. Hopefully it's only a demo thing.

I don't know why it bugs me, but it's kind of a big deal for me too. Whenever I play Mass Effect I have my weapon holstered most of the time, unless I have a visual on an enemy... It just feels right...

Scorpion1O1

Scorpion1O1
  • Members
  • 324 posts
Yea agreed I tried a few times in the demo to holster at certain points and hope that it isn't left out.