Photo

NO CONTROLLER SUPPORT

14 replies to this topic

hiredhelp

hiredhelp
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Hi people i have just come from another site letting me know that yet again mass effect does not again have any controller input support yet they making for both console.

gamingbolt.com/mass-effect-3-pc-wont-have-gamepad-support
Chris Priestly of Bioware has confirmed that the PC version of Mass
Effect 3 won’t be supporting any controllers, and this must be
disappointing to plenty of people who were excited to hook this up to
their flashy TVs.
This is what he said.
“The PC version does not support controllers. They may or may not work, but they are unsupported by the game.”
Looks like
they don’t really care about gamepad support, or want people to buy the
360 version for comfy couch experience. Either way, it’s a dumb move.

Dansayshi

Dansayshi
  • Members
  • 705 posts
They didnt do it AGAIN?

Omg lol, seriously, what the ****.

SierraGHOSTN7

SierraGHOSTN7
  • Members
  • 1,538 posts
Guys... What the hell is with the drama here?

SERIOUSLY, ME1 and ME2 don't support X360 controller, you know it... It was already announced ME3 won't support controller as well. And now you act like it was unexpected and ridiculous?

I'm dissapointed and disapprove it as well, because I CAN'T play on PC with mouse... In fact, I don't even have a mouse, I use only my touchpad. I'd die to be able to play with controller, but ME doesn't support it... PITY.

If you want to play Mass Effect games without mouse, buy RAZER HYDRA. The experience is even better than with controller... But it will take at least some days to have Hydra support ME3...

I think most PC players will be dissapointed that no game of ME series supports controller...

Moondoggie

Moondoggie
  • Members
  • 3,741 posts

Astaiir wrote...

I think most PC players will be dissapointed that no game of ME series supports controller...

Wrong. Most PC players learned to use the keyboard and mouse. A set up that provides an efficiant way to play games especially things like shooters or party based RPG's or stratagy games or whatever else that was innovated on the PC.

The main ones who complain about the controller are people who made the jump from a console to a PC. They can't be bothered to learn to use a keyboard and mouse and want everything to be exactly like the console. Well it's not a console i am afraid it's a PC and you'll have to learn to do things differently.

SierraGHOSTN7

SierraGHOSTN7
  • Members
  • 1,538 posts
@Moondoggie - I don't own any console, just PC. I just don't find it amusing to press x zillions of keyes instead of having a comfortable controller in your hands + now with hydra everything even works on my hand movement... + I can sit or lay, be in any position I want instead of worrying about keyboard and mouse/pad.

wolf-13st

wolf-13st
  • Members
  • 3 posts
why MASS EFFECT 3 not support Gamepad xbox 360?????:o
is it really so hard?:pinched:

Edited by wolf-13st, 15 February 2012 - 02:44 PM.

Bendok

Bendok
  • Members
  • 554 posts

Moondoggie wrote...

Astaiir wrote...

Wrong. Most PC players learned to use the keyboard and mouse. A set up that provides an efficiant way to play games especially things like shooters or party based RPG's or stratagy games or whatever else that was innovated on the PC.

The main ones who complain about the controller are people who made the jump from a console to a PC. They can't be bothered to learn to use a keyboard and mouse and want everything to be exactly like the console. Well it's not a console i am afraid it's a PC and you'll have to learn to do things differently.

Not true at all. I play most games with mouse/kb but some games are just more suited to a console controlled, i.e. Arkham City is so much better with a controller. ME3 was built around a controller and ported to PC which is why it works better there too. If you are playing a stealth character in Skyrim controller is often prefered because of the analog movement control rather than binary keyboard movement.

Edited by Bendok, 15 February 2012 - 02:49 PM.

Regional_Coffee

Regional_Coffee
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Moondoggie wrote...

These kinds of comments are simply ignorant.  Console owner, but 90% PC player here.  I want controller support because a game like this just look and plays glorious on a large HDTV, and yes - some of my friends will find mouse and keyboard controls bizarre but still want to play the game.  It's a great selling point when they see this game running at 1080p 60fps on a very cheap PC and don't have to modify their preferred control scheme to enjoy it.

PC gamers want choice, that's why we put up with all the quirks of the platform.  The vast majority of other developers provide gamepad support, cripes it's even in hardcore FPS (Crysis, Serious Sam HD) and Tower Defence games (Defense Grid).  This not some new development, it is indeed very surprising when a title doesn't have gamepad support these days ouside of hardcore RTS's.

I don't want mouse/keyboard gimped because of gamepad, in fact I like to switch between the two depending upon the game (it saved Dead Space for me that I could shoot down those asteroids with mouse, and if I could have used both at the same time I would immediately jump on the mouse when planet scanning in Me2).  The notion that "Mouse and keyboard are PC and superior" is very short-sighted, mouse and keyboard are more accurate but that's not always "better".  Lack of analog movement with keyboard, no force feedback, cumbersome pressing several keys as opposed to using the readily available buttons on a controller, and the ability to sit back on your couch and enjoy an experience that only the next-gen consoles will be able to match.

Come multiplayer?  Mouse and keyboard all the way of course, that's where the increased accuracy and whip-fast viewpoint change are absolutely necessary.

Options people, options.  

Edited by Regional_Coffee, 15 February 2012 - 03:33 PM.

Jonathan Br

Jonathan Br
  • Members
  • 11 posts
I own both the x360 and the pc as well. Kicking back in your sofa or lounge chair, with your feet on the table, just simply doesn't work with the k/m. The controller gives you a much more relaxed and casual approach, and while the mouse may give you a more accurate and responsive aim, the interface is obviously made for a controller. Managing your squad and biotic powers is faster and much easier.

I tried using xpadder, but that was just horrible. Seeing as the graphics really isn't that much better, I might actually buy it for the xbox instead.

Jonathan Br

Jonathan Br
  • Members
  • 11 posts
 I own both the x360 and the pc as well. Kicking back in your sofa or lounge chair, with your feet on the table, just simply doesn't work with the k/m. The controller gives you a much more relaxed and casual approach, and while the mouse may give you a more accurate and responsive aim, the interface is obviously made for a controller. Managing your squad and biotic powers is faster and much easier. 
I tried using xpadder, but that was just horrible. Seeing as the graphics really isn't that much better, I might actually buy it for the xbox instead. 

p0pp0

p0pp0
  • Members
  • 5 posts
I'm really disappointed there's no support for the controller, I played ME1 & 2 on xbox but I'm switching over to PC for ME3 because of the Multiplayer (and 'cause M$ is retarded).

I trust there will be software for playing with a controller but still.... how hard could it be for Bioware to add the support ? ...isn't it a standard for ported games these days O.o ? lazy.

JohnSpehard

JohnSpehard
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Come on Bioware.. You have the key map already from xbox 360 controller. Please for gods sake dont force us to use 3rd party softwares,, Its not the same experience.

Edited by JohnSpehard, 15 February 2012 - 10:55 PM.

Juguard

Juguard
  • Members
  • 73 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Have you guys ever thought that it probably costs Bioware/EA money to support the XBOX 360 controller? Maybe they have to pay Microsoft royalty to support it in their PC games? Nothing is free these days. And what about other controllers? What makes you think that if they do support a controller, everyone will want to use the XBOX 360 controller, and not a Logitech or other?

And besides there have to be some sort of sacrifice to support both a mouse/keyboard and a controller. Think about the input lag some games get when they support a controller. I'm glad they focused on a keyboard and mouse, its why I play shooters and other games on the PC. I do not want to be complaining that the game feels like its console port. Its already multi platform, so PC automatically suffers.

But its true, there are games out there that work fine with mouse/keyboard, and have support for the xbox 360 controller, but its only one controller type, I would complaining if I had a logitech controller.

But don't get me wrong, I'm all for a Dev/Publishers fully supporting their games. I feel for you guys who love to sit back and play games on big screens. You still can, you just have to do a bit of work yourselves to make your controllers work.

Scatpants

Scatpants
  • Members
  • 1 posts
This is absolutely ridiculous. Every other version of the game supports controllers. It would take zero effort on their part to add it. My PC is hooked up to my 60 inch TV and I want to use a gamepad to play.If I could cancel my order for this game I would. And to all the people that just say to buy it on the 360 if you want to use a controller, you are all morons.

Edited by Scatpants, 16 February 2012 - 01:26 AM.

Stanley Woo

Stanley Woo
  • BioWare Employees
  • 8,368 posts
Sorry, folks, but this is working as intended. it is not a technical issue.

End of line.