• Please log in to reply
642 replies to this topic

MrChowderClam

MrChowderClam
  • Members
  • 486 posts

V1.01 Released

rjsftw.jpg

1.01 is a minor update for ME3 ONLY that adds letterboxing. The biggest changes are behind the scenes, where I switched to a much more robust shader library that has a bunch of new effects to play around with.

Changelog:

+ Letterboxing

+ Improved grain compatibility with lower resolutions

+ Realistic chromatic aberration based on lens distortion

+ Switched to new shader library

+ Updated README so that it's actually correct.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekb3za2cf07ys1f/ME%20Cinema%20Mod%20V1.01.zip

SP + MP Video: http://youtu.be/l8UDX5aEx9A

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V1.0 Released

Download: https://www.dropbox....nema Mod V1.zip

SP Video: https://www.youtube....h?v=TqHFpCJwJAM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME3_v05_1.jpg

cinema_color_feature.jpg

Cinema_P1.jpg
Cinema_P2.jpg
Cinema_P3.jpg
cinema_videos.jpg
cinema_flickr.jpg
cinema_dl.jpg

psst. the original op is on page 7

Edited by MrChowderClam, 17 August 2014 - 08:53 PM.

Reani

Reani
  • Members
  • 7 posts
its like FXAA injector for bf3.
i like.

MrChowderClam

MrChowderClam
  • Members
  • 486 posts

Reani wrote...

its like FXAA injector for bf3.
i like.

thanks!
And yup, it's the same idea as FXAA for BF3/Skyrim. ENB provides a little more control over color correction and bloom, so I like to use it for that reason. I think the performance impact of both is pretty much the same as well.

DaJe

DaJe
  • Members
  • 962 posts
Looking good. I always like the richer colors and more focus on direct lights with enb.

Reani

Reani
  • Members
  • 7 posts
you made me want to install demo even lol.

Celleye

Celleye
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Reani wrote...

This will be excellent to play the entire game with. Thanks, mate!

Vez04

Vez04
  • Members
  • 4,144 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
This is nice indeed, except it will be pointless to use in the Retail Version of the game after it is released, since devs already confirmed the PC versions will have ''High-Resolution Textures Implemented in the full game'' a few days ago.

MrChowderClam

MrChowderClam
  • Members
  • 486 posts

Celleye wrote...

Reani wrote...

This will be excellent to play the entire game with. Thanks, mate!

Thanks! Hope you guys enjoy. I think I will end up toning down the blue (it's a direct port of my ME2 mod, and I think it's a little too intense for ME3). Hopefully I can get that film grain working too =D

Reani

Reani
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Vez04 wrote...

This is nice indeed, except it will be pointless to use in the Retail Version of the game after it is released, since devs already confirmed the PC versions will have ''High-Resolution Textures Implemented in the full game'' a few days ago.

it has nothing to do with textures. stop writing about stuff you know nothing about.

Edited by Reani, 19 February 2012 - 02:08 PM.

MrChowderClam

MrChowderClam
  • Members
  • 486 posts

Vez04 wrote...

True, but this changes the atmosphere & colors to be more cinematic. High res textures just make things look less blurry and more crisp =).

And as I said, this isn't for everyone, as it sacrifices some usability for the sake of creating a different atmosphere. Looking forward to those high-res textures though =) (hopefully it's true and not just some marketing shenanigans - I think they said the same thing about ME2...).

MrChowderClam

MrChowderClam
  • Members
  • 486 posts
Got ambient occlusion working via nvidia inspector! It's a real performance killer for me :/. Looks nice though. I'm going to mod the coalesced.bin so I can get some decent screenshots. Mashing print screen just isn't cutting it anymore lol.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by MrChowderClam, 20 February 2012 - 07:34 AM.

DJBare

DJBare
  • Members
  • 6,510 posts

MrChowderClam wrote...

Got ambient occlusion working via nvidia inspector! It's a real performance killer for me :/. Looks nice though. I'm going to mod the coalesced.bin so I can get some decent screenshots. Mashing print screen just isn't cutting it anymore lol.

Can you post the settings for AO?

MrChowderClam

MrChowderClam
  • Members
  • 486 posts

DJBare wrote...

MrChowderClam wrote...

Can you post the settings for AO?

Yup! Updated the OP with instructions on how to enable.

SliPaladin

SliPaladin
  • Members
  • 578 posts

MrChowderClam wrote...

Add Origin as a non-Steam game on Steam, launch Origin through Steam, once you open Origin then disable the in-game shortcuts for Origin. Play the ME3 demo and press F12 to take the screen shots. 

MrChowderClam

MrChowderClam
  • Members
  • 486 posts

SliPaladin wrote...

MrChowderClam wrote...

Add Origin as a non-Steam game on Steam, launch Origin through Steam, once you open Origin then disable the in-game shortcuts for Origin. Play the ME3 demo and press F12 to take the screen shots. 

Truth, but it still doesn't provide a flycam, AI disable, HUD hiding, and other fun stuff that editing the coalesced.bin does =)

Robhuzz

Robhuzz
  • Members
  • 4,975 posts

Vez04 wrote...

Really? When did they confirm that?

Wow I'm almost speechless here, I thought BW didn't care for the Pc version at all...:unsure:

Carfax

Carfax
  • Members
  • 810 posts
Do you know if you can force ambient occlusion in ME2 using the same method?

Carfax

Carfax
  • Members
  • 810 posts

Vez04 wrote...

The topic has nothing to do with textures, and Priestly said that ME2 would have high rez textures as well, but look how that turned out Posted Image

Don't trust marketing types.  They will say anything to get people to buy their product.

SnakeSNMF

SnakeSNMF
  • Members
  • 493 posts
.. I'd like al ink to that high-res confirmation, although tha'ts irrelevant.

Wow, this is amazing. Especially the ambient occulsion... Oh my God.

Spectre-61

Spectre-61
  • Members
  • 854 posts

MrChowderClam wrote...

SliPaladin wrote...

MrChowderClam wrote...

Truth, but it still doesn't provide a flycam, AI disable, HUD hiding, and other fun stuff that editing the coalesced.bin does =)

How can I open coalesced.bin? I tried with notepad++ but I only got weird glyphs (looked like quarian script).

What program do you use?

SliPaladin

SliPaladin
  • Members
  • 578 posts
What does ambient occlusion do?

GuardianAngel470

GuardianAngel470
  • Members
  • 4,922 posts

Robhuzz wrote...

Vez04 wrote...

Really? When did they confirm that?

Wow I'm almost speechless here, I thought BW didn't care for the Pc version at all...:unsure:

Just looked it up myself. I kinda hate to say I told you so but...

I did bloody tell you.

Posted Image

Anyway, isn't there an easier way to enable AO? I thought all you had to do was go into the Nvidia Control Panel's 3D settings page and select the ME3 Demo .exe file and set it there.

I thought there was no need for any sort of secondary program.

GuardianAngel470

GuardianAngel470
  • Members
  • 4,922 posts

SnakeSNMF wrote...

.. I'd like al ink to that high-res confirmation, although tha'ts irrelevant.

Wow, this is amazing. Especially the ambient occulsion... Oh my God.

Here you go. I'm not familiar with the website so it may be unreliable, but hey, a source is a source.

http://www.neoseeker...ures-at-launch/

MrChowderClam

MrChowderClam
  • Members
  • 486 posts

GuardianAngel470 wrote...

Anyway, isn't there an easier way to enable AO? I thought all you had to do was go into the Nvidia Control Panel's 3D settings page and select the ME3 Demo .exe file and set it there.

As of now, none that I know of. The option is greyed out when you select the ME3 demo exe. It'll probably be available in a future driver update, but for now, you have to go through the inspector.

Edit: Actually, someone might know of a way. Basically, you just need to tell your graphics card to apply the ME1 AO hack to ME3. AFAIK, this is not possible in the nvidia control panel, as I know of no way to associate one program's hacks with another (i.e. you can't tell your gpu to treat ME3 the same way as ME1 from within the control panel - most likely a safety feature to prevent people from messing up their games too much ;)).

Edited by MrChowderClam, 20 February 2012 - 09:09 AM.

GuardianAngel470

GuardianAngel470
  • Members
  • 4,922 posts

MrChowderClam wrote...

GuardianAngel470 wrote...

As of now, none that I know of. The option is greyed out when you select the ME3 demo exe. It'll probably be available in a future driver update, but for now, you have to go through the inspector.

Edit: Actually, someone might know of a way. Basically, you just need to tell your graphics card to apply the ME1 AO hack to ME3. AFAIK, this is not possible in the nvidia control panel, as I know of no way to associate one program's hacks with another (i.e. you can't tell your gpu to treat ME3 the same way as ME1 from within the control panel - most likely a safety feature to prevent people from messing up their games too much ;)).

Huh. I'll have to test it later myself. I've got an older card so I haven't updated my drivers recently since there's really no point so it may or may not work for me.

I saw in that other thread that it was supposed to work but if you say it doesn't then I'll just have to test it.

COUNTER EDIT: What if you told the drivers to recognize it as ME2?

Edited by GuardianAngel470, 20 February 2012 - 09:15 AM.