You can't import a face created in Mass Effect 1 into 3! Bioware has responded! (See OP)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3493 replies to this topic

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests
06-03-2012 Update 3:
Bioware has responded in this thread:  
http://social.biowar...3/index/9661093

06-03-2012 Update 2:
The official ME twitter account wrote the following:
"We're looking into this concern. "  
https://twitter.com/...070559434244097 

06-03-2012 Update: 
Various gaming sites are now shedding some ligt on the issue. 
http://kotaku.com/58...orking-properly 
http://www.gamefront...-mass-effect-3/ 
http://gamerant.com/...le-dyce-137137/
http://venturebeat.c...rting-into-me3/ 

05-03-2012 Update:
The issue has been confirmed by Mike Gamble, producer on the Mass Effect franchise, on twitter. Here's the convo:

Nick Fritz
@GambleMike But people who imported from ME2, using an UNCHANGED facecode from ME1 are having problems. 

Michael Gamble 
@njfritz yes, good point. If that occurs, you will be asked to rebuild the face. 

Person Dude ‏ 
@GambleMike @njfritz Are you kidding me? Why?!

Michael Gamble
@Person_Dude as I get more info/ conclusive info, I will pass it on. I'm not positive yet.

So there you have it, people...  
PLEASE NOTE: Michael Gamble is not a community manager or anything. He's a producer, and he's probably been on a break for the last few days. Please don't spam the man's twitter! He's the only person so far who's actually given us a straight answer so far, so please show some respect. 

Original OP below:
"A betrayal to one of the fundamental building blocks of the franchise." 

It has now been confirmed by multiple people with the game, on here and on various other gaming sites. We still haven't got a comment from Bioware on this issue. 

Please note: We're not talking about taking a ME1 save into 3. The people was having problems importing their Shepards, who was created in Mass Effect 1 and imported into 2.  

Here's some temporary solutions to the problem:  
http://social.biowar...47811/3#9249327 
There's also this: 
http://social.biowar...3640/39#9607984
And another one that might help you:
http://masseffecttoo...k.org/index.php 

Edited by The PLC, 06 March 2012 - 08:16 PM.

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests
I'm cereal..

Arppis

Arppis
  • Members
  • 12,633 posts
That does seem sucky.

But anyone every questioned these things? Maybe the guy just trollercopters all?

Edited by Arppis, 28 February 2012 - 03:06 PM.

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests

Arppis wrote...

That does seem sucky.

But anyone every questioned these things? Maybe the guy just trollercopters all?

He's been pretty honest about everything. 

Arppis

Arppis
  • Members
  • 12,633 posts

The PLC wrote...

Arppis wrote...

That does seem sucky.

He's been pretty honest about everything. 

Alright. I hope they answer you.

Femlob

Femlob
  • Members
  • 1,643 posts
From what I've read there seems to be an issue with importing ME1 facecodes into ME3 (which would happen if you previously imported your ME2 character from ME1). Beyond that, no idea.

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests

Femlob wrote...

From what I've read there seems to be an issue with importing ME1 facecodes into ME3 (which would happen if you previously imported your ME2 character from ME1). Beyond that, no idea.

You got that from the "ME Space Edition" thread in the spoiler group, or? 

Arppis

Arppis
  • Members
  • 12,633 posts

Femlob wrote...

If that's the case, there is nothing to worry about. I plan to reshape the face anyhow.

Thanks for the info.

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests

Arppis wrote...

Femlob wrote...

If that's the case, there is nothing to worry about. I plan to reshape the face anyhow.

Thanks for the info.

Still seems like a pretty serious issue to me.

Arppis

Arppis
  • Members
  • 12,633 posts

The PLC wrote...

Arppis wrote...

Femlob wrote...

Thanks for the info.

Still seems like a pretty serious issue to me.

If it affects the whole game some way, it is. But then again, I've learned to use the CC quite a bit so I'll whip up faces up fast. :)

So, just out of curiosity, what PLC stands for?

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests
"If it affects the whole game some way, it is."

Dude. Mass Effect is all about your Shepard. If the 3rd game forces you to remake the entire character from scratch, what's the point? The CC is easy to use, yes, but something like this shouldn't happen. I'm going to be really, REALLY mad, if this happens to me. Which is why I'm hoping that one of the devs will walk in here and say "That's weird, never heard of that glitch."

Arppis

Arppis
  • Members
  • 12,633 posts

The PLC wrote...

"If it affects the whole game some way, it is."

Dude. Mass Effect is all about your Shepard. If the 3rd game forces you to remake the entire character from scratch, what's the point? The CC is easy to use, yes, but something like this shouldn't happen. I'm going to be really, REALLY mad, if this happens to me. Which is why I'm hoping that one of the devs will walk in here and say "That's weird, never heard of that glitch."

As long as the choices are there, I don't mind. But I thought he ment CC.

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests
You don't mind that the game ****s up at something as simple as importing your Shep's face?

savaged49

savaged49
  • Members
  • 274 posts
Is there anyway to actually find your ME1 facecode, it doesn't display in ME2

Once again I hope this is wrong and hopefully his save was just a tad buggy, we will see in a week but yeah id be pretty disappointed myself were this true

Arppis

Arppis
  • Members
  • 12,633 posts

The PLC wrote...

You don't mind that the game ****s up at something as simple as importing your Shep's face?

AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T AFFECT THE OTHER THINGS. Nope. If that's only thing it messes up, fine. I'll deal.

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests
Mind = blown

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests

savaged49 wrote...

Is there anyway to actually find your ME1 facecode, it doesn't display in ME2

Once again I hope this is wrong and hopefully his save was just a tad buggy, we will see in a week but yeah id be pretty disappointed myself were this true

I wonder if there are other people with these 'space editions' on here. Maybe they would be able to asnwer this. 

Hello? Space people?

Femlob

Femlob
  • Members
  • 1,643 posts

The PLC wrote...

Femlob wrote...

No, I don't visit that group. I don't remember where I read it, just that I did.

Balancer

Balancer
  • Members
  • 137 posts
If this is the case they need make a patch asap, or else it will ****** off a lot of people

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests

Femlob wrote...

The PLC wrote...

Femlob wrote...

No, I don't visit that group. I don't remember where I read it, just that I did.

So multiple people might be having this problem? Not good news..

graciegrace

graciegrace
  • Members
  • 796 posts
If it's just the face screwing up, I won't be bothered to much (I had planned to redo most of my Sheps after seeing the ME3 CC anyway). If the only way to play it is to create a brand new Shepard and lose all the choices, I'll be pissed.

Edited by graciegrace, 28 February 2012 - 03:59 PM.

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests
"just the face" Seems pretty important, if you ask me.

graciegrace

graciegrace
  • Members
  • 796 posts

The PLC wrote...

I'd sacrifice the face for the choices if I had to.  The face is the less important of the two.  I'm not saying it doesn't suck, I'm saying that if the choices at least import, it's managable till they patch it.

Guest_The PLC_*

Guest_The PLC_*
  • Guests

graciegrace wrote...

The PLC wrote...

I'd sacrifice the face for the choices if I had to.  The face is the less important of the two.  I'm not saying it doesn't suck, I'm saying that if the choices at least import, it's managable till they patch it.

So you're perfectly okay with glitches like this one?

graciegrace

graciegrace
  • Members
  • 796 posts

The PLC wrote...

graciegrace wrote...

The PLC wrote...

So you're perfectly okay with glitches like this one?

No, but I said it's managable until they patch it so long as the choices transfer correctly.  Learn reading comprehension.  Since this is an M game, and you have to be at least 17 to play it, I'd expect you should have learned a grammar school skill by now.