Photo

Pre-order bonus code already redeemed?

372 replies to this topic

Necrochain

Necrochain
  • Members
  • 76 posts
The Bioware site is telling me my code has already been redeemed, and Origin is telling me the code is invalid. What can I do :(

Edit 1: Contacting EA Live help will only get you the response to contact your local retailer. The main Pre order bonus code that has this issue seems to be EB Games/Gamestop N7 Defender armor and weapon.

Edit 2: BioWare has responded! If you have issues with a code just copy the questions and post them as a reply :)

Scylla Costa wrote...

Hi guys,

We are currently investigating the issue. To help us to get quicker to a solution, since different retailers have different promotions, could you also inform us:

Which version did you buy:
Where did you buy it (please also include city, country):
Where are you located (country):
Which codes worked so far:
Which codes didn't work:

Edited by Necrochain, 07 March 2012 - 05:46 PM.

JimmyBazooka

JimmyBazooka
  • Members
  • 394 posts
same here, except origin tells me both codes have been already redeemed and bioware site tells me that they are invalid. BS.

Edit: and I got only 2 codes instead of 4. Since the preorder bonuses shown on origin stated that I will recieve N7 Defender Armor, N7 Valkyrie Assault Rifle, and M55 Argus Assault Rifle, AT12 Raider Shotgun

Edited by JimmyBazooka, 06 March 2012 - 12:44 PM.

STARSBarry

STARSBarry
  • Members
  • 228 posts
I havent even got any codes at all yet, kinda lame when I want to use the N7 assualt rifle instead of the standard M8

U92

U92
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Yeah where are you guys getting these pre-order bonus codes? I haven't gotten mine either. (I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from Origin)

piemanz

piemanz
  • Members
  • 995 posts

U92 wrote...

Yeah where are you guys getting these pre-order bonus codes? I haven't gotten mine either. (I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from Origin)

Same, I'm a little confused, Ithought it would just show up in game but it hasn't so far

Yeslew

Yeslew
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Same here, i don't know where to get the pre-order code.

Necrochain

Necrochain
  • Members
  • 76 posts
I actually picked mine up at a midnight release at EB Games (Gamestop). Headed back there now to see if I can get a replacement.

Powergrind

Powergrind
  • Members
  • 3 posts
yea I pre-ordered the DDE from origin also and havnt received the bonuses. I guess I should try support.

Edit...NVM, EA sent the codes to my old email account that I changed last year sometime...so if youve changed your email within..well I guess any time frame for your EA account you might wanna check your old email out.

Edited by Powergrind, 06 March 2012 - 05:52 PM.

Linkwill86

Linkwill86
  • Members
  • 13 posts
I am having the the same problem. Bioware says the code has already been redeemed and Origin says the code is invalid.

loudenkl

loudenkl
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Having the same issue with my pre-order from Gamestop and the help I got from EA was a joke, or should I be saying the help that I did not get from EA.

@Necrochain - were you able to get new codes from EB (Gamestop)?
Sounds like I need to run back out to my local GS store and see if I can't get a new code.

Necrochain

Necrochain
  • Members
  • 76 posts
I went back, but they said they were out of codes. The guy there sent off an email and said hopefully I can get a replacement soon.

Yuoaman

Yuoaman
  • Members
  • 3,428 posts
Bioware's redemption page is telling me my N7 Warfare Gear code has already been redeemed, and Origin is telling me the code is invalid.

It is neither of those things.

Yuoaman

Yuoaman
  • Members
  • 3,428 posts
Just a note that when attempting to redeem through Origin I get to the "Confirm product for x@y.com" page, but then Origin decides the code isn't valid anymore.

petetehcanuck

petetehcanuck
  • Members
  • 94 posts
Yeah getting the same error Yuo. Don't think I'll ever be pre-ordering a Bioware game again.

Yuoaman

Yuoaman
  • Members
  • 3,428 posts
This launch has just been one mishap after another, apparently. :\\

Ghostwork

Ghostwork
  • Members
  • 6 posts
i was getting this same problem, i bought from gamestop.

the code they gave me got this problem, but i went back to them and told them it didn't and i got a new one that did work.

Necrochain

Necrochain
  • Members
  • 76 posts
I hope we can get a Bioware post in here. Maybe they can help us out with the code problems, since EA has been soo generous in helping their consumers. >.>

Yuoaman

Yuoaman
  • Members
  • 3,428 posts

Ghostwork wrote...

i was getting this same problem, i bought from gamestop.

the code they gave me got this problem, but i went back to them and told them it didn't and i got a new one that did work.

I wish that was an option for me, but I'm out of change for the bus, so I can't get down there.

HeroicRedZero001

HeroicRedZero001
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Where are you guys even getting the codes? I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe version from Origin and I haven't even gotten the codes at all.

Yuoaman

Yuoaman
  • Members
  • 3,428 posts

HeroicRedZero001 wrote...

Where are you guys even getting the codes? I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe version from Origin and I haven't even gotten the codes at all.

Origin digital versions should have them installed already. We got physical copies from Gamestop - which apparently provides faulty codes.

HeroicRedZero001

HeroicRedZero001
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Yuoaman wrote...

HeroicRedZero001 wrote...

Origin digital versions should have them installed already. We got physical copies from Gamestop - which apparently provides faulty codes.

Yeah, I haven't got mine at all, it doesn't even show up under add-ons and bonuses in Origin. 

Was there a cut off date? I ordered mine last Thursday/Friday, so maybe that's it? I mean, I don't care too much about this pre-order stuff, but this seems like a rather large error on EA/BioWare's part.

Yuoaman

Yuoaman
  • Members
  • 3,428 posts
That's odd, maybe you will get a code in a few days? I've never used Origin before, so I'm not sure how they run things.

And anyone have any luck yet?

Yuoaman

Yuoaman
  • Members
  • 3,428 posts
Ignore.

Edited by Yuoaman, 06 March 2012 - 11:11 PM.

Teh_Czar

Teh_Czar
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Might as well toss myself into the pit. Redeemed my code on BSN, and nothing happened... I have it registered. Invalid code comes up for EA support.

Yuoaman

Yuoaman
  • Members
  • 3,428 posts
And of course Bioware hasn't even said that they're looking into it, it's been a great day to be a fan of theirs.