Photo

Issue importing faces into Mass Effect 3 Updated March 21

8899 replies to this topic

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts
Hi everyone

We are aware that some players are having issues importing the faces of characters from Mass Effect 1 or Mass Effect 2 into Mass Effect 3. The issue is likely in how faces were detected when imported from Mass Effect 1 into Mass Effect 2, and we’re working on the best way to correct it for affected players.

As our teams work hard to address the importing of face codes we would like to call out a fan made tool that may be able to help PC users in the short term:
Mass Effect Tools

And detailed instruction from a fan on how to use them here.

Edit: Update March 9
Hi Everyone.

We want to keep everyone up to date on this issue as we know how strongly many you feel about this. I will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

We have determined that faces importing incorrectly is an error with how codes were detected when transferred from Mass Effect 1 into Mass Effect 2 and then on into Mass Effect 3 or importing a Mass Effect 2 saved game with New Game +. The Mass Effect team continues to investigate fixes for these issues and they are top priority concerns for
everyone here.

Again, when we have more news, we will let everyone know. Thanks again for your patience.

Edit: Update March 21

Ok, I have what I hope is some good news.

We have fixed the issue of faces not correctly importing into Mass Effect 3. It will be included as part of the next Mass Effect 3 patch.

The not completely good news is that I do not yet have a confirmed date for when the patch will be available. A new patch gets heavily tested by BioWare, EA, Microsoft and Sony before it can be released to the public. We all want to be sure that it fixes the issues it is supposed to fix and doesn't start any new issues (this is called testing or certification testing ). If a patch fails during testing, it is sent back, fixed again and retested until it passes. Then it is released to gamers. Until we know that the patch has passed certification testing, I don't want to give even a rough idea of the date, to prevent disappointment should it need further testing.

So I'm sorry I don't have the full answer you all want and are waiting for yet. When I can give you the date when the patch will be available I will.

:devil:

Edited by Chris Priestly, 12 April 2012 - 11:30 PM.

Justicar

Justicar
  • Members
  • 992 posts
Thanks chris :)

LPPrince

LPPrince
  • Members
  • 48,290 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
*stern Prince is stern*

legion999

legion999
  • Members
  • 5,315 posts
So is there going to be a patch then? Hopefully by Friday <wink wink nudge>.

CaptainOrgia

CaptainOrgia
  • Members
  • 101 posts
Yay! Until a patch is (hopefully) released, I'll do a default Shepard run in ME3.

Thank you for acknowledging our concerns.

ChannelDelibird

ChannelDelibird
  • Members
  • 15 posts
How did this not come up as a problem before you shipped the game?

Welsh Inferno

Welsh Inferno
  • Members
  • 3,295 posts
Thank you.

tackle70

tackle70
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Thank you!!! I will try re-importing the face from ME1 to ME2 and then again to ME3 and see if that fixes it, though since my shep has some features which seem to not exist in ME3 (e.g., scars), I dunno if it will work.

Major kudos though for at least acknowledging the problem and (hopefully) attempting to fix it. I'm looking forward to being able to play with MY Shepherd and finish his story.

Edited by tackle70, 06 March 2012 - 07:39 PM.

Siansonea

Siansonea
  • Members
  • 7,281 posts
Oh, they're working on it. Cool. I'll chillax for now.

Justicar

Justicar
  • Members
  • 992 posts
I like how this was locked first but I ninja'd the lock so then it was unlocked again lol

xD

Mass Effect tools seem interesting. Easy to use?

Druscylla

Druscylla
  • Members
  • 255 posts
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know something. This whole thing makes me so bummed out. I hope you can fix it :(

ratzerman

ratzerman
  • Members
  • 2,569 posts
Thanks for the update. I'm not looking forward to having to wait for a fix, but I guess it's better than playing with a Shepard that isn't truly mine.

Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz
  • Members
  • 635 posts
Finally!

Flamesz

Flamesz
  • Members
  • 412 posts
I'm glad they are at least working on it, hopefully the issue will be fixed by Friday for us UK and European players... :)

Tugga_gott

Tugga_gott
  • Members
  • 311 posts
Thank you for the response, hopefully the problem can be fixed!

Revrant

Revrant
  • Members
  • 299 posts
Finally something official after everyone has been dancing around a response! I hope this will be a priority and we'll see a patch, I can't play without my Shepard.

Berkilak

Berkilak
  • Members
  • 1,534 posts
Thanks. Any ETA on a fix?

voteDC

voteDC
  • Members
  • 1,778 posts
Cheers for the response, it's been a long time coming.
-
Thankfully the game isn't out until the 9th here in the UK, so hopefully you'll have this solved by then.

lclay

lclay
  • Members
  • 19 posts
Well it's nice to get an official response even after almost a week of people talking about this at length.

I doubt there will be a fix in time for when I am likely to get this on thursday but my ME3 demo shepard looks pretty damn close to my ME2 shepard so I'm not that fussed.

How this did not get picked up during development still baffles me though.

vahnfox

vahnfox
  • Members
  • 87 posts
Thanks, Chris. We're looking forward to more news.
Futzing around on the multiplayer meanwhile.

Reule

Reule
  • Members
  • 70 posts
Just making sure but this is also being looked into for PS3 players too, right? The Shepard I made in ME2's  face could not import into ME3 as well. I understand it'll be looked into every which way but just wanted to double check.Thanks.

Edited by Reule, 06 March 2012 - 07:49 PM.

Capt. Kirrahe

Capt. Kirrahe
  • Members
  • 50 posts
Thank you for letting us know. I'm playing an import that worked correctly, holding off on the others for now.

DimmockDude

DimmockDude
  • Members
  • 113 posts
The tool is not working for me wont let me upload my YAML file.

Jonathan Robinson

Jonathan Robinson
  • Members
  • 13 posts
What about your armor and weapons I can't find mine. I was certain you could import your weapons and armor am I wrong? Did I buy all that stuff in Mass Effect 2 for nothing.

AvagerShepard

AvagerShepard
  • Members
  • 305 posts
Oh, now suddenly all of you loves Bioware? Damn hypocrites.

As I wrote in the thread about this, I never believed this was done on purpose.