FiGhTiNCoWBoY
  • Members
  • 439 posts
Sabotage.

Hokochu

Hokochu
  • Members
  • 432 posts
I had a feeling Sabotage would completely decimate Geth. Why they combined one of the best tech attacks with AI hack is beyond me. Seems OP as ****.

VettoRyouzou

VettoRyouzou
  • Members
  • 1,802 posts

Hokochu wrote...

I had a feeling Sabotage would completely decimate Geth. Why they combined one of the best tech attacks with AI hack is beyond me. Seems OP as ****.

Not at all in my book, I've been noting a pattern that some Race/classes are far better for certain groups then others. While ya it great for Geth, something tells me not so much for husks and such.

FiGhTiNCoWBoY

FiGhTiNCoWBoY
  • Members
  • 439 posts
Yeah, we did gold the other day with 3 people, all level 10-15, and made it to wave 9...sabotage + berserk upgrade + geth prime = win.

FiGhTiNCoWBoY

FiGhTiNCoWBoY
  • Members
  • 439 posts

VettoRyouzou wrote...

Hokochu wrote...

Not at all in my book, I've been noting a pattern that some Race/classes are far better for certain groups then others. While ya it great for Geth, something tells me not so much for husks and such.

Well obviously it's not going to be as effective against a Cannibal or Husk but against Geth, it's probably the best skill in the game.

VettoRyouzou

VettoRyouzou
  • Members
  • 1,802 posts

FiGhTiNCoWBoY wrote...

VettoRyouzou wrote...

Hokochu wrote...

Well obviously it's not going to be as effective against a Cannibal or Husk but against Geth, it's probably the best skill in the game.

Exacly, one can argue the same about Krogan Soldiers, Cerb were ok, Yet to fight the geth, But agasint husk out side of that one.. nightmare biotic we clean house.

stysiaq

stysiaq
  • Members
  • 7,931 posts
Also, quite nifty against turrets, I presume.

Can't wait to play versus geth.
Unfortunately my CE will be unlocked in sth like 42h.

tytanowy

tytanowy
  • Members
  • 84 posts
Anybody knows if "Tech Vulnerability" (lvl 6) affects backfire damage ?

Raxxman

Raxxman
  • Members
  • 713 posts
makes you wonder how the quarians lost in the first place huh?

tytanowy

tytanowy
  • Members
  • 84 posts
Yeah ;P, still I wonder if it increase backfire dmg ;)

I try to make a build, can't decide if go for shields (fitness), lvl 6 sabotage or sticky grenades hehe ;)

And... pistols vs SRs. Stupid quarians have only SMGs weight decrease, so Widow/Black Widow seems too heavy... Yet I like SR more than pistols for Infiltrators.
What do you think guys ?

Edited by tytanowy, 08 March 2012 - 12:20 AM.

No Snakes Alive

No Snakes Alive
  • Members
  • 1,810 posts

tytanowy wrote...

Yeah ;P, still I wonder if it increase backfire dmg ;)

I try to make a build, can't decide if go for shields (fitness), lvl 6 sabotage or sticky grenades hehe ;)

And... pistols vs SRs. Stupid quarians have only SMGs weight decrease, so Widow/Black Widow seems too heavy... Yet I like SR more than pistols for Infiltrators.
What do you think guys ?

Pistol fo' life. Then again I'll take just the pistol with the majority of the characters lol.

tytanowy

tytanowy
  • Members
  • 84 posts
Yeah I have pistol (sometimes AR, depends on mood) on my engineer, adept and vanguard lol

Jaroz

Jaroz
  • Members
  • 22 posts
I love my Quarian Infiltrator, with Cloak+Sabotage and Raptor Sniper Rifle = Unstoppable. I can probably Solo Silver (vs Geth) if I wanted to.

Edited by Jaroz, 08 March 2012 - 08:13 PM.

Jaroz

Jaroz
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Edited by Jaroz, 08 March 2012 - 08:13 PM.

nukular power

nukular power
  • Members
  • 268 posts
Apparently they snuck in a hotfix so that Geth Primes and Pyros become immune to sabotage after 2 hacks. No big deal since I prefer rocket troops anyways, but still worth pointing out.

FiGhTiNCoWBoY

FiGhTiNCoWBoY
  • Members
  • 439 posts

nukular power wrote...

Apparently they snuck in a hotfix so that Geth Primes and Pyros become immune to sabotage after 2 hacks. No big deal since I prefer rocket troops anyways, but still worth pointing out.

It's not a hotfix, it's diminishing returns, I've noticed it since day 1.  You're upgraded sabotage is 18 seconds against your basic troop.  18>9>5>immune.  Usually you wont have a basic troop alive long enough to notice it though.  Against Prime and Atlas it goes 8>4>2 I believe.  In regards to pyros they might be somewhere in the middle, I feel like I don't get a full 18 seconds against turrets either so mid-high range enemies might be like 12>6>3

AreleX

AreleX
  • Members
  • 2,286 posts
i *really* hope they leave sabotage the hell alone, because if they screw with it, they will make the class utterly worthless compared to human and salarian

AreleX

AreleX
  • Members
  • 2,286 posts
needless to say i find the class a lot of fun and don't want it ruined

Reaver102

Reaver102
  • Members
  • 179 posts

tytanowy wrote...

Anybody knows if "Tech Vulnerability" (lvl 6) affects backfire damage ?

Just looking to ask if anyones found the answer to this before I sink points into this skill.

Bananables

Bananables
  • Members
  • 286 posts
brb making quarian infiltrator

Arios31

Arios31
  • Members
  • 13 posts

FiGhTiNCoWBoY wrote...

nukular power wrote...

It's not a hotfix, it's diminishing returns, I've noticed it since day 1.  You're upgraded sabotage is 18 seconds against your basic troop.  18>9>5>immune.  Usually you wont have a basic troop alive long enough to notice it though.  Against Prime and Atlas it goes 8>4>2 I believe.  In regards to pyros they might be somewhere in the middle, I feel like I don't get a full 18 seconds against turrets either so mid-high range enemies might be like 12>6>3

Ahh... I was wondering why the Atlas I was trying to sabotage after a while wasn't being affected by it.  Makes sense... it would be really overpowered if you can constantly Sabotage the big bosses over and over.  

DCko

DCko
  • Members
  • 180 posts
We kind of need a biotic class who can dominate!

UK Wildcat

UK Wildcat
  • Members
  • 723 posts
What we need is... quarians to get sabotage nerfed.

DCko

DCko
  • Members
  • 180 posts

UK Wildcat wrote...

What we need is... quarians to get sabotage nerfed.

Instead, let's talk about buffs. Why ruin what the quarian infiltrator is good at and make it totally useless or less effective for doing what it's supposed to do?!?

The Quarian Infil excels at geth. It is already weak against reapers and can only hack cerberus turrets. Otherwise, it resorts to charge shotgun > cloak > charged shot, which is an amazing playstyle. Why restrict the class even further when other classes obviously need a buff.

If you want to nerf things then let's nerf cloak damage, nerf chain overloads, nerf shotguns and snipers because they are too powerful, nerf energy drain, 
nerf sentinels because they are too well round, nerf weapon stability because assault rifles are too OP in turian hands. Anything that is OP... let's nerf it. Yes, let's nerf a power/skill because  it fulfills it's purpose all too well.

Rather than that, buff characters that need it so people can flock to classes people hardly play with. And even so, every character excels at one thing and is weak to another.

Seriously, these nerf topics need to stop. It's not PVP!

Don't take my post as an insult to you but rather think of the consequences it will have on the community. I've seen what nerfing can do and it enrages communities and even breaks them. Head over to the Uncharted 3 forums and you'll see nothing but nerf this, nerf that. Thousands of threads all about nerfing. Even though Uncharted 3 is pvp, sure nerfing is required but this game is against computer AI. They do not care.

I rather have Bioware commit their time to fixing bugs.

Edited by DCko, 09 March 2012 - 07:25 PM.

Shinochan

Shinochan
  • Members
  • 20 posts
I'm sure if they were to do anything to Sabotage, it would be an increase to cooldown just like they did to Stasis.