Photo

Play Offline

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Gnaeus.Silvanus

Gnaeus.Silvanus
  • Members
  • 910 posts
Here are my steps if you are like me who wants to play in offline mode only.

1. Start Origin.
2. From Origin, Start Mass Effect 3.
3. Wait for all of your DLCs to authenticate then load a save game. If you are in Normandy Shuttle Bay area, check if your CE items and Preorder bonus are there, if they are then Save game and exit to Main Menu then close.
4. Just close Origin, remember just close and not Log Out or Play Offline.
5. Disconnect from the internet.
6. Use the desktop shortcut of Mass Effect 3 to start game, NOT ORIGIN.

Happy hunting! 

Edited by Gnaeus.Silvanus, 07 March 2012 - 02:13 AM.

Pooter1321

Pooter1321
  • Members
  • 24 posts
Now the real problem playing offline...getting your DLC to authenticate from initially being offline. otherwise you can't even play your saved games. Any idea how to get around that barrier?

Gnaeus.Silvanus

Gnaeus.Silvanus
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Pooter1321 wrote...

Now the real problem playing offline...getting your DLC to authenticate from initially being offline. otherwise you can't even play your saved games. Any idea how to get around that barrier?

I just let it authenticate itself again and that seem to fix this problem. I encountered this error early in the game when I tried to play offline.

You just need to remember not to actually press PLAY OFFLINE in Origin.

I use the ME3 desktop shortcut to launch the game and it seems to work properly offline.

Pooter1321

Pooter1321
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Gnaeus.Silvanus wrote...

Pooter1321 wrote...

I just let it authenticate itself again and that seem to fix this problem. I encountered this error early in the game when I tried to play offline.

You just need to remember not to actually press PLAY OFFLINE in Origin.

I use the ME3 desktop shortcut to launch the game and it seems to work properly offline.

But the problem is that it won't authenticate because I'm not online and it requires online access to authenticate...at least that's been my experence for the past hour :P I'll repeat step by step how you say hopefully things change

DeaconX

DeaconX
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Gnaeus.Silvanus wrote...

Here are my steps if you are like me who wants to play in offline mode only.

1. Start Origin.
2. From Origin, Start Mass Effect 3.
3. Wait for all of your DLCs to authenticate then load a save game. If you are in Normandy Shuttle Bay area, check if your CE items and Preorder bonus are there, if they are then Save game and exit to Main Menu then close.
4. Just close Origin, remember just close and not Log Out.
5. Disconnect from the internet.
6. Use the desktop shortcut of Mass Effect 3 to start game, NOT ORIGIN.

Happy hunting! 

Remember when you could just install a game and go?  Hoops like these were the sorts of actions pirates had to take.

Edited by DeaconX, 07 March 2012 - 02:04 AM.

Pooter1321

Pooter1321
  • Members
  • 24 posts
ya...for some reason the DLC won't authenticate unless i can log into the EA servers but with no internet that's sort of impossible...

Gnaeus.Silvanus

Gnaeus.Silvanus
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Pooter1321 wrote...

ya...for some reason the DLC won't authenticate unless i can log into the EA servers but with no internet that's sort of impossible...

Just connect to internet again and use Origin to launch Mass Effect 3, wait for your DLCs to authenticate. The reauthentication dialog box will popup for about a second or two. After that try to load a save game and check your gear. If you are pretty sure that everything is in there, save game then close Mass Effect 3 and Origin. Disconnect from the internet again and launch Mass Effect 3 using its shortcut, you should be able to play offline and load saved games with all of your DLCs.

Nelo Angelo

Nelo Angelo
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Gnaeus.Silvanus wrote...

Pooter1321 wrote...

Just connect to internet again and use Origin to launch Mass Effect 3, wait for your DLCs to authenticate. The reauthentication dialog box will popup for about a second or two. After that try to load a save game and check your gear. If you are pretty sure that everything is in there, save game then close Mass Effect 3 and Origin. Disconnect from the internet again and launch Mass Effect 3 using its shortcut, you should be able to play offline and load saved games with all of your DLCs.

having the same problem. cant play at all while offline due to dlc failing to authorize. i want to play while im at work but there is no internet connection out there. anyone figure out a working way around this yet? i tried the above method but didnt work. everything loads fine when i have a connection but when i dont is the problem

DUDEMAN64

DUDEMAN64
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Hi all, just to save you time, do not contact EA support they can't help (as usual) i spent an hour with a "technician" (and i use that term loosely) and he spent 45 mins of that trying to verify that i purchased the DLC...i'm sure that some tech guru's will eventually figure out how to stop the game from trying to authorize your DLC every time you launch the game, but until then we will all have to suffer and play it with an internet connection. And to those of you who havent bought the DLC yet...DON'T BUY IT YET!!! you can wait till these issues are fixed by someone other than bioware or ea...cuz it isnt an issue to them.

Pooter1321

Pooter1321
  • Members
  • 24 posts

DUDEMAN64 wrote...

Hi all, just to save you time, do not contact EA support they can't help (as usual) i spent an hour with a "technician" (and i use that term loosely) and he spent 45 mins of that trying to verify that i purchased the DLC...i'm sure that some tech guru's will eventually figure out how to stop the game from trying to authorize your DLC every time you launch the game, but until then we will all have to suffer and play it with an internet connection. And to those of you who havent bought the DLC yet...DON'T BUY IT YET!!! you can wait till these issues are fixed by someone other than bioware or ea...cuz it isnt an issue to them.

Thanks for taking one for the team :P I'll continue to look around for an answer but hopefully they patch it soon...

Cobra5

Cobra5
  • Members
  • 686 posts

Pooter1321 wrote...

DUDEMAN64 wrote...

Thanks for taking one for the team :P I'll continue to look around for an answer but hopefully they patch it soon...

I wouldn't get your hopes up on that one, I really don't think its a bug.

Nelo Angelo

Nelo Angelo
  • Members
  • 16 posts
well with mass effect 2 people had this problem at times but then it was later fixed with a patch i think. so im hoping that this is just a temporary problem.

Unato

Unato
  • Members
  • 1,246 posts
only thing I can suggest is to elevate your ME3 exe to admin, I don't think BW ever said anything but the general view of those who tried to solve this problem in DA:O, DA2 and ME2 was that by authorizing the DLC, a "key" is written to you HDD which essentially says "yes you can play"

now I just have to work out why the N7 gear is seemingly online only

Gnaeus.Silvanus

Gnaeus.Silvanus
  • Members
  • 910 posts
Perhaps a new patch will really solve this issue. Why does it have to always authenticate in the first place when it is already recognized the first time?

Pooter1321

Pooter1321
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Gnaeus.Silvanus wrote...

Perhaps a new patch will really solve this issue. Why does it have to always authenticate in the first place when it is already recognized the first time?

That's what I've been wondering...I sure they could patch it to limit the authentication to one time quite easily.  Also tried the Admin thing the when I was initially having the issues thinking the same thing but it didn't work...Here's hoping someone from bioware see's this and brings it up at a meeting...

DUDEMAN64

DUDEMAN64
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Pooter1321 wrote...

I sure they could patch it to limit the authentication to one time quite easily.  Also tried the Admin thing the when I was initially having the issues thinking the same thing but it didn't work...Here's hoping someone from bioware see's this and brings it up at a meeting...

I'm sure they could fix it just like that, the only problem is this whole "technical support forum" is for fans to help other fans as the dev's put it.  I don't see anyone from bioware looking this way, especially considering that if you go to the support section of this forum they tell you to go to EA support to fix any real issues that can't be solved by the fans...and as i've said before the EA route is a major waste of time.  I wish there was a way to go into the .ini files or something and write a code to tell it not to verify the DLC.  that would solve the problem, i'm sure this problem will be fixed after i dont care about it anymore. <_<