Photo

Subtitles Text size?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

alexender00

alexender00
  • Members
  • 47 posts
Hi, is there a ay to increase the size of the subtitle text (font) without reducing the resolution?

Being deaf, I need the subtitles, but at 1920x1080 they are tiny on my computer s screen (21")

I'm not computer illiterate so changing something in the ini is no big deal for me.

alexender00

alexender00
  • Members
  • 47 posts
Anybody?

Unato

Unato
  • Members
  • 1,250 posts
the legit way is to change your resolution

the not so legit / I can't guarantee that you won't get banned way is to change variables in coalesced (don't ask, google is your friend)

Edited by Unato, 08 March 2012 - 01:03 AM.

Brygard2009

Brygard2009
  • Members
  • 132 posts
There's no coalesced in ME3 game or at least I couldn't find it.

Unato

Unato
  • Members
  • 1,250 posts
you couldn't find it

it's in the PC that's cooking

Brygard2009

Brygard2009
  • Members
  • 132 posts
Found it but it's no longer a ini file but a bin file now.
You can't open up with a text editor or 7zip to extract just in case.
I use PC version.

lacikoma

lacikoma
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Hey, how come the text size was perfect for ME1 and ME2, but it's awfully small (like killing my eyes small) on ME3 on the same 27" monitor with the same 2560x1440 (native) resolution?

Fredvdp

Fredvdp
  • Members
  • 5,975 posts
BioWare doesn't spend much time making good PC versions of their games anymore. Their last real PC game was Dragon Age: Origins. Most of their newer games were rushed ports. I have to give the Dragon Age II team some credit as this was their best attempt at a good port.

I don't think they will bother fixing it. There were some flaws in ME2 that made their way into ME3, like poor textures and lack of menu shortcuts, that they also never fixed.

Edited by Fredvdp, 23 March 2012 - 11:44 AM.

Noelemahc

Noelemahc
  • Members
  • 1,957 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
If it was only subtitles. I have issues with the dialogue wheel, the font is too small and the Para/Rene choices are so bizarrely coloured that I have severe trouble reading what they actually say.

Hey everyone, this game discriminates against the colourblind!

DHJudas

DHJudas
  • Members
  • 90 posts
yup ME1/2 both had properly scaled font.... the larger resolution just increased the font scale accordingly.... ZERO problems at all..

ME3.... gaming at 3240x1920 or higher makes for essentially itty bitty tiny and ecceptionally hard to read font...

Bad enough i have to play in windowed mode due to them screw up resolutions.... they used specific resolution markers and ratios.... love to understand how they made me1/2 work flawlessly and then BROKE EVERYTHING in me3.

lacikoma

lacikoma
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Yeah, the dialog wheel is also way too tiny. As are the quick slots and the command HUD. But the worse of all is the targeting reticule. It's so tiny, that it makes really hard to aim. A lot of times it just blends with the background so I don't see where I'm targeting. :-(

Is there a way to fix this without changing the resolution?