Photo

Black Screen on startup

2897 replies to this topic

Your Dads Husband

Your Dads Husband
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Written by Thomas Abram

This is different from the crash on "Connecting to EA Servers" - Take those posts here:

http://social.biowar.../index/11306524 

Every time I start ME3 the game freezes to black screen after the intro scene with the sunrise over earth before the 'press start' screen. It worked fine the first time I played, but never after that. I have already installed the game to HD and exchanged for a new disk.

Edited by Thomas Abram, Quality Assurance Division, BioWare Edmonton

Thomas Abram wrote...

We are currently investigating this issue and it would be of great assistance if we could gather some information from you, our users. If you could private message me your origin account details so we can look into this further that would be very helpful in our investigation.

If you have any questions or concerns please pm me.

Thomas Abram wrote...

We are still investigating this - We have received a very large amount of support from BSN users but are looking for some different information now. If you could take the time to send me the following information it would be greatly appreciated (on top of what has already been requested):

- What were you doing in the last play session before the crash (MP, SP, level, etc.)?
- Did you crash or make a save during your last play session?
- Do you recall any odd behavior during your last play session (temporary errors, anything out of place/acting weird)?

Thanks!

Thomas Abram wrote...

Hey everyone,
This issue is still a top priority of ours and we are still investigating it.
If the most recent patch has fixed this issue for you could you please PM me (as well, if it reverts to the BSOD please inform me as well).
If you have any questions, concerns or comments please let me know.

Edited by Your Dads Husband, 11 April 2012 - 11:44 PM.

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
it just started to happen to me i tried everything even deleted the ME3 file from memory still blackscreen at start!

death by god

death by god
  • Members
  • 12 posts
I have this problem as well but... Im almost completely positive bio-ware is working on this problem now. Best course of action is to wait for a couple of days until they come out with a patch. Until then im pretty sure we all have another game we can use to keep us busy.

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
bump til fixed

Torias2

Torias2
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I have this problem as well. Game froze while trying to load my game, guide button not working so i had to restart the console. Now it freezes just before the title screen. I deleted my saved game, in case it had become corrupted, with no effect.

The problem seems to be tied to my xbox live account. My brother is able to play on his account with no problems on that console. I downloaded my profile to another console but encountered the same issue.

death by god

death by god
  • Members
  • 12 posts
I think I know what the problem is. Its that you have got some of the same data on what appears to be to two entirely different games to the xbox because there is a disc 1 and disc 2 . So if you dont understand its like your xbox is reading that you have a Skyrim save on Call of duty. The only way xbox gamers that do not have this problem and are still able to play, is if they did not make any saves from disc 1 until disc 2. I can pretty much confirm this if anyone else can tell me if they got a sign when the switched discs that said "you recently played on a different xbox" and wanted to know if you wanted to recover your gamertag.

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
um no u are wrong i only had 1 save on 1 xbox and deleted everything ME3 on my xbox and still nothing but a blackscreen on startup

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Video of bug i made

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
Bump til fixed

death by god

death by god
  • Members
  • 12 posts
this is the exact problem I have. We need to get your video lots of views then ea/bioware will do something about it, because right now they probably think its just our xbox cant read the disc, but that is not the problem because I can play other games fine.

Edited by death by god, 10 March 2012 - 05:24 PM.

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
i can play evryone one of my videogames just fine its a problem with ME3 and they refuse to comment on the issue

tykimykk

tykimykk
  • Members
  • 189 posts
Death, I have the same issue, made a different topic about it, but the funny thing is that the game will load up just fine. If I'm not signed into my account, as soon as I do sign in though, it freezes. I has to be something tied to our xbl accounts for whatever reason.
Just out of curiosity, what versions of the game do you own (standard, N7)?

Edited by tykimykk, 11 March 2012 - 02:15 AM.

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
Standard here on a CoD MW2 Xbox

tykimykk

tykimykk
  • Members
  • 189 posts
I've got N7 w/ a Reach Xbox myself. Still think it has something to do with our accounts.

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
i have not been able to play ME3 since Wednesday do to the Black Screen returned game for a new ME3 and still black screen so im either stuck with a 60$ disc that wont work or i can trade it in as used and get less than 40$ for it.

this is not acceptable and i think Bioware needs to give a full refund for this error or compensate those of us that are experiancing this GAMEBREAKING bug!

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
Bump til Fixed or Acknowledged

tykimykk

tykimykk
  • Members
  • 189 posts
This needs a fix, or at least a official response from Bioware that they are working on it.

death by god

death by god
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Finally got a response, and Bioware said we are aware that you and many other gamer's are experiencing this problem. Please know we are working on fixing it and you can expect a patch before the end of this month. I am fine with that response, but I did tell them that the time that they said it would take is to long, then they said "players in the xbox/ps3 community can expect free dlc for compensation and the wait when they finally fix the game".

tykimykk

tykimykk
  • Members
  • 189 posts
"Before the end of this month" is UNACCEPTABLE.  This is the kind of bug that should prevent the game from even "going gold."  I now have a brick, that is wholelly useless, and will be for what sounds like at least a month.

Also, why is it that no one from Bioware has seen fit to post something about this in the forums.  I find that very strange, to me it's like they're trying to hide the fact the messed up, it's insulting.  Death, it's not that I don't believe you, but is it really that hard for Bioware to make a post ackowledging this problem and tell people they are working on it?  I have to talk to customer support, to only have them tell me they cannot help, and that I have to wait "up to" 48 hours for a response from someone "higher up."  I mean come on, it's not even on the official help page.

Edited by tykimykk, 11 March 2012 - 11:59 PM.

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
its ok i stayed up all night spreading the word of this Bug in every Video game/Social network i could.

If Bioware refuses to comment officially on this matter than i'll take it in my hands to spread the word to save other potential gamers a headache of paying 60$ for a game that refuses to work.

Edited by Godof360, 12 March 2012 - 12:11 AM.

tykimykk

tykimykk
  • Members
  • 189 posts
This is pretty much the same thing that happened with Fallout: New Vegas.  It had game breaking bugs in it day one, yes they patched a few in the first week and more in subsequent months, but that isn't the point.  The game is forever tarnished by it, I know people who still flat out refuse to play it because of that.
I had hoped that the entire game creating community would have learned from that, considering the fiasco created by it, still casts that game in its shadow.

While it is not surprising to me for a game made by Obsidian to be plagued with problems (you only have to look at thier track record), it's something I'd never have guessed came from Bioware.  But at least Obsidian posted official responses stating they were working on fixes from the start.

It's hard to call it a game anymore since that black screen it always has is really quite boring.

Edited by tykimykk, 12 March 2012 - 01:08 AM.

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
Just send Ray Muzyka a message he is the co-founder and ceo of bioware Mods won't comment on this issue maybe Mr.Muzyka will!

tykimykk

tykimykk
  • Members
  • 189 posts
anyone have his contact info?

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
Very bottom of screen with all the names

Godof360

Godof360
  • Members
  • 139 posts
Its been almost a week and no official statement on this matter has been made but i will HOLD THE LINE