Photo

Kits becoming relocked in Multiplayer

1368 replies to this topic

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts
Some players are experiencing an issue where kits they have unlocked in multplayer are becoming locked again (eg. Alien kits, weapons, mods, etc).

You can reduce your chances of this happening by:
  • avoiding going into the Store while 'Ready' for a multiplayer match. It's best to un-ready yourself before you go to the store.
  • not accepting invites while in the store/purchasing
We continue to investigate this issue and will update when we have more information. Thank you for your patience. :)

:devil:

Edited by Chris Priestly, 23 April 2012 - 08:58 PM.

MEMANIAsama

MEMANIAsama
  • Members
  • 424 posts
NOTE TO EVERYONE FREAKING OUT: IT HAS ONLY BEEN LIKE 6 DAYS SINCE THEY POSTED THIS TOPIC! THEY CAN'T WAVE A MAGIC WAND AND SUDDENLY FIX EVERYTHING. YOU'LL GET YOUR STUFF BACK AND/OR A REIMBURSEMENT OF SOME KIND, STOP FLIPPIN' OUT!

Edited by MEMANIAsama, 13 March 2012 - 05:17 PM.

DavianBurke

DavianBurke
  • Members
  • 113 posts
EDIT: 

Jarrett Lee wrote...

Hey guys:

- PS3 is a bit of an
ongoing thing (we don't WANT to keep omitting that console from these,
honestly). We continue to work on that.
- The fix for kit relocking
is going in soon, this weekend you should be in good shape (and we fully
intend to restore anyone hit by that bug)

- this is the ONLY way to
get the N7 Arsenal guns in MP right now (note you will only get 1,
randomly). They are not being added to the main pack system.

A temporary measure you may want to consider is locking the ability to spend BioWare points for kits... As frustrated as many of us that paid for kits that have since been lost are, I imagine people that lose them between now (the point you acknowledge there's an issue you're working on) and when the problem is eventually fixed will be quite angry.

Also... are my chances of getting my 5 spectre packs (purchased with 800 points) back higher or lower than solo'ing a gold run with a lvl 1 soldier? Even if though... no sure way to ensure I get my Widow back :'(

Edited by DavianBurke, 17 March 2012 - 09:26 AM.

xgrimreaperx216

xgrimreaperx216
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I lost my Krogan character! and Viper Sniper rifle! :(

Bogezzus

Bogezzus
  • Members
  • 49 posts
I didn't have much. As long as I get my Arc Pistol, Krogan Soldier and Asari Adept back...that's all I had.

Brownfinger

Brownfinger
  • Members
  • 977 posts
Has this occurred outside of the proposed circumstance? Some of the reports aren't clear. As there is no system for recompense in place, I think it's best that I avoid multiplayer altogether until this is resolved.

Very disappointing.

Edited by Brownfinger, 08 March 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Kopikatsu

Kopikatsu
  • Members
  • 298 posts
I lost the Carnifex, a Geth Plasma Shotgun, and a bunch of mods/characters. (Tho' not really any that I wanted, like the Krogan Soldier).

Word of warning: If the N7 page shows up, DON'T TAKE THE STARTER PACK. Just close the game. Taking the starter pack causes the bug.

Edit: This may not be accurate, since the starter pack showing up may just be a symptom of having your account reset. But why take the chance?

Edited by Kopikatsu, 08 March 2012 - 01:21 PM.

Amarinth6

Amarinth6
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Kopikatsu wrote...

I lost the Carnifex, a Geth Plasma Shotgun, and a bunch of mods/characters. (Tho' not really any that I wanted, like the Krogan Soldier).

Word of warning: If the N7 page shows up, DON'T TAKE THE STARTER PACK. Just close the game. Taking the starter pack causes the bug.

Edit: This may not be accurate, since the starter pack showing up may just be a symptom of having your account reset. But why take the chance?

Opening the starter pack is definitely not the cause of this, as I purposely avoided the store button and clicked continue instead, which just closes the welcome message without opening the starter kit, and I still lost all my unlocks.

I rather think that the welcome screen and starter pack are symptoms of the problem... aka your progress gets wiped by a glitch that then subsequently causes you to see the welcome screen again and get another starter pack (and BF3 pack as well, if you have that promotion).

MEMANIAsama

MEMANIAsama
  • Members
  • 424 posts
It's definitely a symptom. I had all my Facebook stuff. So, I would've only lost like 30k credits worth of stuff if I lucked out and got a better hand of items...

I'm just waiting for exploiters to keep unlocking items/things and glitching on purpose until they get the item that they want from these packs.

Rukkis4458

Rukkis4458
  • Members
  • 38 posts
I had it happen as well.  I had completed a mission and got a pop up for some advanced N7 kit that led me to the store window.  Both the store and mission complete windows were overlapping so I exited out and all my unlocks were reset. 

Lyrical Menace

Lyrical Menace
  • Members
  • 15 posts
This happened to me on 3/6 at around 8:00 PM EST.

Lost everything but actual character levels.

I can still play my Salarian Infiltrator if I don't switch out of the character.

Also I reunlocked my Widow last night and the old MODS I had were back on the Widow, except I couldn't hit X to view them....

Very glitchy but still gives me hope.

Now I just hope the packs I buy now with credits are not wasted if things do get reverted back.

MEMANIAsama

MEMANIAsama
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Now I just hope the packs I buy now with credits are not wasted if things do get reverted back.

This is my thought. Anybody know what the Eviscerator is? Uncommon? Rare? Ultra Rare?

DarthSliver

DarthSliver
  • Members
  • 2,655 posts
Well not a big problem to me, I use the credits to buy my packs

Kopikatsu

Kopikatsu
  • Members
  • 298 posts

MEMANIAsama wrote...

This is my thought. Anybody know what the Eviscerator is? Uncommon? Rare? Ultra Rare?

It's either Uncommon or Rare. I think uncommon, but I remember being surprised at it's rarity level when I got it...so it might be rare...

Zhuinden

Zhuinden
  • Members
  • 2,478 posts
This glitch might have something to do with the error that can set your save game to Default Shepard and level 1.

JayR481

JayR481
  • Members
  • 10 posts
I bought about 1760 Bioware points worth of packs (I had 3200 to spend) and got a bunch of items, weapons, characters, etc. (Purchased only Spectre packs)

My game crashed during a multiplayer game and I logged into find the starter packs back. Then I went to look at my equipment and everything is gone, mods and all.
And all my unlocked characters are gone as well but my level remained the same.

I lost $20 worth of points =(

I contacted EA via Live Chat and they said they can't reimburse, otherwise they would have done it already the first few minutes I talked to them.

All they said was to post in the forums and let Bioware know what happened. I really hope this gets fixed for all of us. I'm sure everyone enjoys this game's SP and MP.

Edited by JayR481, 08 March 2012 - 09:07 PM.

SuperRayke

SuperRayke
  • Members
  • 7 posts
45$ worth of BW points gone. PLease fix this ASAP and get me my stuff or money back.

McSethington

McSethington
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Finished a bronze multiplayer map. During the match recap screen, it popped up the "welcome to the multiplayer" splash screen and prompted me to collect a starter pack. Character and weapon unlocks have all reset.

Guest_Imperium Alpha_*

Guest_Imperium Alpha_*
  • Guests
 Good thing I still didn't touch MP part except to see what ****ty stuff I got from my 10-12 box (yep I'm that lucky =])

Edited by Imperium Alpha, 08 March 2012 - 09:28 PM.

MEMANIAsama

MEMANIAsama
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Zhuinden wrote...

This glitch might have something to do with the error that can set your save game to Default Shepard and level 1.

Wait. Wha?

ghoogler

ghoogler
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Just lost all of mine stuff too. ETA Please!

HisDudeness

HisDudeness
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Any update today?

Edited by HisDudeness, 08 March 2012 - 11:55 PM.

Gloatie

Gloatie
  • Members
  • 180 posts
I haven't encountered this...yet.

I don't spend Bioware points on MP. But even the prospect of hours-worth of unlocks disappearing is enough to keep me out of MP until ya'll figure this out. (Any prospect of me dropping real world coin on this is out of the question until its debugged.)

A shame. The MP is outstanding otherwise.

ghoogler

ghoogler
  • Members
  • 18 posts
Well be careful its sucks to see all that work get flushed down the drain. Can we get some sort of ETA on this?

joshuaml

joshuaml
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Can you guys at least refund the BW points or money that we lost while ur trying to fix this?