Photo

Priority: Rannoch

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ShawtyChirp

ShawtyChirp
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Anyone know why, when I finish killing the reaper and Legion starts implement the reaper tech back to the geth, I get no option to call the Quarian fleet off.... My paragon rating is a little over 4. 

laughing sherpa girl

laughing sherpa girl
  • Members
  • 550 posts
your given a choice, support the quarians or legion. If you support legion, tali does a swan dive off the cliff and presumably the quarians are all dead. If you support the quarians then all the geth are destroyed by them. Since the original offence was commited by the quarians towards the geth, i supported legion. The quarians can go to hell

ShawtyChirp

ShawtyChirp
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Yeah, I know that, but there are two options once when Legion gets to 40 percent, it will let you talk to the Admiral and he will pull the ships out allowing you to have both the Geth and the Quarian's fight with you.

Urazz

Urazz
  • Members
  • 2,200 posts
Yeah, there are the two options but it's also a matter of what you did with the quarians and the Geth. It's basically based on what you did with the quarians and geth.

For the best result you will want to do certain things in ME2 and in ME3 when you do Rannoch.

In ME2, you will need to get Tali found innocent in her trial, Destroy the Heretics in Legion's loyalty mission, and resolve Tali's and Legion's argument once their loyalty missions are done.

In ME3, save Admiral Zal Koris over the crew of his ship, take out the fighters, side with Admiral Han Gerrel when he is arguing with Admiral Ran on the Normandy over the radio about their portions of the fleet, Side with Tali when Admiral Xen wants to use some of the fleet to go through a Geth debris field for tech instead of saving escape pods. With those things done, you'll want to side with Legion and then when given the blue and red options, pick one of those to persuade the Admiral Han Gerrel to stop for a minute.

Nigawatts

Nigawatts
  • Members
  • 583 posts
From what I've seen too many people reprogrammed the Heretics in ME2. It may have been the Paragon option, but honestly it was the worst choice you could make in the situation.

spnccarman

spnccarman
  • Members
  • 62 posts
your paragon has to be at 5

SomeKindaEnigma

SomeKindaEnigma
  • Members
  • 1,633 posts
Eh my reputation was about 4.75 ish, and I got the paragon/renegade options. I was concerned about that going in on this mission.

its the beast

its the beast
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Nigawatts wrote...

From what I've seen too many people reprogrammed the Heretics in ME2. It may have been the Paragon option, but honestly it was the worst choice you could make in the situation.

Actually, quite the contrary.
In my first (and current) play through, i was able to ally the geth and
quarians as well has get both their help while giving the quarians their home
world and giving all a geth a "soul" at the cost of my best bud legion:crying: (is
there any possible way to save him?)
I have to admit, the entire rannoch mission for me
was the most emotional experience i have ever had in a video game, period (although
i still have yet to actually beat the game). It was so well orchestrated i was
in true awe of the quality! 

TAlTAl

TAlTAl
  • Members
  • 223 posts
so you guys are saying if i reprogram the heretics, take out the geth primes and side gerrel i can get my paragon choice? and thats the only way?
my paragon is nearly 97% with heretics reprogramed, tali innocent

saved koris, and primes, sided raan and sided tali in all i cant get paragon like that ever? wow thats bs

Olueq

Olueq
  • Members
  • 1,502 posts
After all the **** the geth have put me through, they can go to hell. And after all the suffering the quarians have endured, I could care less about Legion. That says a lot considering he was one of my favourite characters.

Edited by Olueq, 09 March 2012 - 02:36 AM.

FadingPhil

FadingPhil
  • Members
  • 100 posts
I new i was doing something wrong! I sided with the geth on playthrough 1, quarian on 2. 3rd time lucky!

All-a-Mort

All-a-Mort
  • Members
  • 519 posts
God, it really isn't clear what the conditions are for brokering a truce. I've now seen multiple posts stating you had to kill the heretics or conversely save them. So which is it?

Gunslinger01101

Gunslinger01101
  • Members
  • 176 posts

All-a-Mort wrote...

God, it really isn't clear what the conditions are for brokering a truce. I've now seen multiple posts stating you had to kill the heretics or conversely save them. So which is it?

I don't know why there is so much confusion about this. First of all, make choices that promote peace, or at least avoid the destruction of either species. Pretty straightforward. Then if your paragon is high enough, you get the option to save both geth and quarians and have them live together in peace. Second of all, I don't think the status of the heretics makes a difference as to if you get the option or not. It just makes the geth you get afterwards stronger or weaker. Third, siding with Han Gerrel is absolutely NOT the way to go. Side with him or support him and its likely you will ruin everything. Remember that he is pushing for war, wants to take every advantage against the geth, etc. You want to support ran against gerrel, and you want to support tali against xan. Always do the lead up missions, I mean come ON, who doesnt do those (saving koris and disabling the geth fighter squadron server).

Just use your noggins, it ain't hard.

pfeenix

pfeenix
  • Members
  • 20 posts
bit late to the party, I know, but the way i've seen it elsewhere is that it's based on a points system. you need a total of 5 (i've marked the ones I usually go with) in order to unite the geth and quarians. 

"Mass Effect 2 Decisions
  • +2 for Tali is exonerated at her trial (eg NOT exiled) [x]
  • +2 for destroyed the heretics 
  • +1 for resolving the Tali/Legon conflict with a renegade or paragon solution [x]
As noted in this answer, if you did not import a game and started a new mission in ME3 you will have saved Tali, Tali will have been exiled by her people and Legion was never activated and thus the heretic mission would have have appeared. Ergo this avenue is closed if you started a new game file.

Mass Effect 3 Decisions
  • +1 for Rannoch: Destroy the Geth Squadron on Rannoch (aka fighter base) [x]
  • +1 for Rannoch: Save the Admiral (not his men, the admiral) [x}

You must also complete Legion's Mission in ME3 or the peace options will note be available. You need a high reputation to get the Paragon/Renegade options to appear.

If you rewrote the heretics in ME2 instead of destroying them, and still manage to achieve peace, you'll get more war assets but there will be less Quarians."

source: gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/55146/how-do-i-unite-the-geth-and-the-quarians

also, I dont think there is any way to save legion. :crying: