Photo

Citadel: Hanar Diplomat Bugged

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

ZNahum

ZNahum
  • Members
  • 44 posts
 I my currently (first) playthrough, the quest "Citadel: Hanar Diplomat" was bugged and did give the option to activate the first terminal. I didn't even get the icon to do it, it just says its there on the menu map. Please patch.

Juromaro

Juromaro
  • Members
  • 342 posts
I've got this bug as well. Quite annoying being on Presidum Commons and seeing the mission tracker icon on the ceiling.

Xenite

Xenite
  • Members
  • 309 posts
Same, third terminal is bugged and will not allow use. *sigh*

hunnypots

hunnypots
  • Members
  • 20 posts
I can't even get to the first terminal. It's marked for me on the map, but I can't interact with it in any way, and this seems to be a really big bug people are having. I think the only way to avoid it is to not leave the Citadel while the quest is active.

Secane

Secane
  • Members
  • 27 posts
I have the same problem too. For me its the 2nd terminal. Is there any word on this? Do I have to reset to a older save? (Cos if I'm going to backtrack, I have to do it now...)

Secane

Secane
  • Members
  • 27 posts
Update, Fixed it!: Reverted to an older save just after the first terminal seem to fix it.

The problem seems to be that you have to complete the entire quest in 1 go. You cannot talk or activate any other quests, even the other Citadel ones that just requires you to talk to someone. (I will also advice not leaving the Citadel as well.)

Start this quest and run it through, before going back to other quests. Hope this helps.

Edited by Secane, 08 March 2012 - 10:18 AM.

CommanderZurek

CommanderZurek
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Yeah, had to do the same as Secane. Odd and somewhat irritating but easily fixed.

Aoibheann

Aoibheann
  • Members
  • 495 posts
I couldn't get it to work even with reload.. bugged at first terminal.

jack5mikemotown

jack5mikemotown
  • Members
  • 15 posts
A fix for this would be nice. Even if I wanted to, I don't have a save that far back (about 3 hours back in my game) anymore. I supposed I should also note that the first terminal went fine, but I paused midway in using the terminal and when I unpaused shepard could no longer use the terminal. I reloaded my save and the terminal still didn't work.

Edited by jack5mikemotown, 08 March 2012 - 02:45 PM.

kyrieee

kyrieee
  • Members
  • 117 posts
I can access the first terminal fine, but the icon just stays on that terminal. If I save at that point and reload the save, the icon is gone and there's no one on a new terminal to replace the old one.

Corkus LeBlunth IV

Corkus LeBlunth IV
  • Members
  • 75 posts
Another victim of the glorious "Citadel: Hanar Diplomat" quest bug. Unable to interact with the first terminal.Good job Bioware.

FIX IT!

chefman22

chefman22
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Same here. This will really bug me too, as I am one of those people who like to do all quests.

PhoenixPilot

PhoenixPilot
  • Members
  • 2 posts
The first terminal does not work for me at all, but it shows on the map.

I'm a bit of a completionist and it will be annoying to see that in my journal the whole time.

Fix it please!

Axis77

Axis77
  • Members
  • 43 posts
Same problem here, Terminal is on the map but not interactive in any way. Way to drop the ball guys. I have encountered several disturbing bugs so far and I am barely into the game. As with swtor they should have let this game cook more in the oven before serving, corporate quarterly statements be damned.

Nerag

Nerag
  • Members
  • 10 posts
It is a problem of what the game shows... the quest itself can be done. I've done it with no problem, but I did experience the objective shown incorrectly

SpockLives

SpockLives
  • Members
  • 571 posts

kyrieee wrote...

I can access the first terminal fine, but the icon just stays on that terminal. If I save at that point and reload the save, the icon is gone and there's no one on a new terminal to replace the old one.

There is no new map marker after the first because the next terminal is in another area of the Citadel.  I had the exact same thing happen to me.  Activated the first one, but the blue "box" stayed on it.  Saved, exited, and reloaded and the blue box was gone.  Found the other terminals working correctly in another area of the Citadel.  Have you searched other areas yet?

Kris69

Kris69
  • Members
  • 182 posts
I have the same bug, cannot activate the second terminal.

Kondorr

Kondorr
  • Members
  • 312 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
I have the same bug... Bioware... please get to work!

jellosnake

jellosnake
  • Members
  • 7 posts
I had this issue for a while, but I did manage to work it out. Maybe you could try doing what I did:

-The marker over the terminal would not let me interact with it.
-I gave up on it and continued down into the floor where you see all of the citadel refugees and found a terminal that I could interact with there.
-I believe I remember finding another terminal on the other side of the same floor, which I hit.
-The then returned to the first terminal I hit on the refugee floor and it let me interact with it again.
-I returned to the floor I had originally found the first terminal on and it let me open the door, which continued the cutscene and finished the mission.

Glocknall

Glocknall
  • Members
  • 6 posts

kyrieee wrote...

Same issue here

chefman22

chefman22
  • Members
  • 36 posts
Now that quest is just plain 'gone' for me. :/ The hanar is gone from the room he was in. *sigh* I want to do this quest.

Sora Shepherd

Sora Shepherd
  • Members
  • 277 posts
I can't even access the first terminal no markers or nothing.

Problem exist on the 360 version as well.

Edited by Sora Shepherd, 08 March 2012 - 10:50 PM.

2002whitegt

2002whitegt
  • Members
  • 4 posts
I got this problem also. Can't open the first door, I went to a different floor after activating the mission and when I came back up it shows up on my map, but I can't select anything.

Really hope this gets fixed so I can move on past Tuchanka.

gstommylee1

gstommylee1
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Yea i am having the same problem.

ZannethX

ZannethX
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Really hope this is fixed soon, because at this point I can either wait to keep playing or restart 8 hours of gameplay.