Photo

On the Mass Effect 3 endings. Yes, we are listening.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23455 replies to this topic

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts
We appreciate everyone’s feedback about Mass Effect 3 and want you to know that we are listening. Active discussions about the ending are more than welcome here, and the team will be reviewing it for feedback and responding when we can. Please note, we want to give people time to experience the game so while we can’t get into specifics right now, we will be able to address some of your questions once more people have had time to complete the game. In the meantime, we’d like to ask that you keep the non-spoiler areas of our forums and our social media channels spoiler free.

We understand there is a lot of debate on the Mass Effect 3 ending and we will be more than happy to engage in healthy discussions once more people get to experience the game. We are listening to all of your feedback.

In the meantime, let's give appreciation to Commander Shepard. Whether you loved the ME3 ending or didn't or you just have a lot of questions, he/she has given many of us some of the best adventures we have had while playing games. What was your favorite moment? :)

:devil:

NA1

NA1
  • Members
  • 88 posts
You guys have GOT to stop putting smiley faces everywhere.

Thornquist

Thornquist
  • Members
  • 448 posts
I LOVED MASS EFFECT 3!
Want all at Bioware to know that.

Mordins death, Thane, Garrus.. I cant choose the best part, there were so many moments of pure genius!

Balmung31

Balmung31
  • Members
  • 978 posts

Chris Priestly wrote...

We appreciate everyone’s feedback about Mass Effect 3 and want you to know that we are listening. Active discussions about the ending are more than welcome here, and the team will be reviewing it for feedback and responding when we can. Please note, we want to give people time to experience the game so while we can’t get into specifics right now, we will be able to address some of your questions once more people have had time to complete the game. In the meantime, we’d like to ask that you keep the non-spoiler areas of our forums and our social media channels spoiler free.

We understand there is a lot of debate on the Mass Effect 3 ending and we will be more than happy to engage in healthy discussions once more people get to experience the game. We are listening to all of your feedback.

In the meantime, let's give appreciation to Commander Shepard. Whether you loved the ME3 ending or didn't or you just have a lot of questions, he/she has given many of us some of the best adventures we have had while playing games. What was your favorite moment? :)

:devil:

When I see Bioware give appreciation to Shepard by having an optional ending where he lives and can be reunited with his crew and LI, maybe I'll tell you. 

Baronesa

Baronesa
  • Members
  • 1,925 posts
Favorite moment? You are kidding me right? Can't you just add an s at the end? there are so... many great moments... so hard to choose...

I'll say the scene after securing peace between Quarians and Geth... that whole scene was so touching, the exchange between Legion and Tali...

sircaren

sircaren
  • Members
  • 128 posts
It was pure brilliance.

Until the ending.

Clamatowas

Clamatowas
  • Members
  • 47 posts
My Fav moment was that amazing cut scene where the flotilla battles the reapers.

And all the crew walking around the Normandy telling jokes. It added a level of true depth.

Oh and when Tali was drunk both at the bar, and when she called the Prothean.

G Kevin

G Kevin
  • Members
  • 1,503 posts
Thanks for listening Chris.

My favorite moment must be the entire level on Rannoch with Tali.

Comguard2

Comguard2
  • Members
  • 374 posts
Loved it - till the last five minutes.

Akael_Bayn

Akael_Bayn
  • Members
  • 216 posts
Quick, deflect the topic to something positive!

...yeah, we're not stupid, you know?
Don't give us this "We don't want to spoil things for people who aren't done" BS.

How about a straight answer about where all the many and varied endings we were promised went?

Posted Image

“There are many different endings. We wouldn’t do it any other way. How could you go through all three campaigns playing as your Shepard and then be forced into a bespoke ending that everyone gets?”

“Mass Effect 3 is all about answering all the biggest questions in the lore, learning about the mysteries and the Protheans and the Reapers, being able to decide for yourself how all of these things come to an end.”

“Every decision you've made will impact how things go. The player's also the architect of what happens."

“You'll get answers to everything. That was one of the key things. Regardless of how we did everything, we had to say, yes, we're going to provide some answers to these people.”

EDIT/UPDATE: I've gotten lots of "virtual high fives" from various users for putting this up on the first page of the thread, and I just want you guys to know that I appreciate that you appreciate this post! That said, though, I want to let everyone know after this edit, I'm not going to be continuing to log back in and give personal responses to messages. The recent "buy DLC or GTFO" message was recieved loud and clear, and as I stated elsewhere: I'm GTFO-ing. This game, forum, and the related companies are all a footnote in history for me. Again, I appreciate the support, and I don't mean to ignore your positive messages, but I've got other things to spend my time on.

Edited by Akael_Bayn, 18 March 2012 - 01:36 AM.

Hudathan

Hudathan
  • Members
  • 2,113 posts
I try to lighten the mood whenever I can these days, and I want you guys to know that Mass Effect 3 is the best game in the series for me and possibly the best gaming experience I've ever had. And that if you guys have more surprises coming then it would be more than welcome.

Tylea002

Tylea002
  • Members
  • 120 posts
The ending had the most emotional moment in a video game of all time, for me. That one shot of the pure terror in Joker's face before the ship exploded was simply powerful and moving. Unfortunately, I had no idea why he was running, and also agree with a lot of the plot problems in the last 20 minutes, but hell a happy ending would not have been better, because Joker fighting for the ship, and then losing it (even though he doesn't technically), was an amazing and powerful image, which doesn't get enough credit due to the sequence it was featured in.

noxpanda

noxpanda
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Chris Priestly wrote...

What was your favorite moment? :)

Legions mission of wandering about the geth hub, awesome fun, nice change of pace from 'cover, shoot stuff!', interesting to see the history of the geth from their perspective, the level felt very labyrinth like, shame it wasnt longer :D

zerobounds

zerobounds
  • Members
  • 189 posts
Thanks for the update.

Hopefully you can filter out the community's primary concerns with the ending and move forward.

Favorite moment? Too many to mention, almost everything Pre-Earth was incredible and noteworthy.

Edited by zerobounds, 15 March 2012 - 03:08 PM.

Si-Shen

Si-Shen
  • Members
  • 467 posts
You don't like all their smiley faces?
I am happy they are listening and discussing what we have been posting, rather then ignoring us.
:)

As for my favorite moments in ME3 - ending the Quarian-Geth War with Paragon choices, over all, the ending of the Overlord DLC for ME2 (paragon choice). That was powerful.

JasonTan87

JasonTan87
  • Members
  • 160 posts
I absolutely adored Liara's Time Capsule scene.

That and the dialogue at the end with Anderson. JHale's rendition of my wounded Shepard was absolutely amazing.

k177sh0t

k177sh0t
  • Members
  • 657 posts
ME3 is incredible from the start all the way up before the ending and  it just went downhill after that

First time I was emotionally attached to  video game characters (Garrus was well written and Liara). Mordin's death and Anderson actually made me shed manly tears. Im serious

It just added some confusion on mine

No epilogue of the surviving galactic species (Turian, Krogan, Asari, Human, Hanar, Volus, Battarian and Drell) and your Normandy crew

What happened to them? What's gonna happen to those who were not on their own planets?

What happened to the inhabitants of the Citadel? Were they evacuated?

What's the origin of the Reapers? Who created them? Organics or Intellectual Synthetics?

http://cdn2.gamefron...3/ME3yodawg.jpg

Choices were extremely limited in the end

Edited by k177sh0t, 15 March 2012 - 03:13 PM.

Guest_PresidentCowboy_*

Guest_PresidentCowboy_*
  • Guests
I honestly loved all of it except the ending. Highlights were the amazing cinematic sequences, loved how my crew all had lives, and all the new little gameplay sequences that kept it fresh.

Chowaniec

Chowaniec
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Everytime where there was huge Reaper around...

Esuzu1

Esuzu1
  • Members
  • 35 posts
One of my favourite moments was Mordin's death on Tuchanka. For me it was a perfect balance between "Hell yeah" and sadness. It really summed up Mordins character really nicely. I found it really sad when he started humming.

Another very memorable moment were the Kai Leng fight on the citadel between him and Thane. Awesome ending for Thane.

I also liked the conversations with the squad members/friends. To be able to talk to them both on the citadel and on the normandy is great. And it still felt like they were busy saving the galaxy and not only dancing in Purgatory.

The tie ins with the books were appreciated, I have been waiting to see Kahlee and Kai Leng for a long time. Basically, story wise, well done Mac Walters and the rest of the writers team! (Up until the end... But still, gj!)

KadivyaSky

KadivyaSky
  • Members
  • 103 posts
The wonderful storytelling in 99% of ME3 was ruined entirely by its last few minutes (ie. pseudo end thing that we were given). There were highlights, of course, but they were drowned out by how horrid the ending(s?) really was. I'm still hoping that a free DLC is incoming that will continue the story after whatever dream Shepard had after Kai Leng was killed. Someone wake Shepard up and send him/her back into the fight!

pablosplinter

pablosplinter
  • Members
  • 936 posts
Favourite moment?

All of it tbh .......until the end

Akael_Bayn

Akael_Bayn
  • Members
  • 216 posts

Si-Shen wrote...

You don't like all their smiley faces?
I am happy they are listening and discussing what we have been posting, rather then ignoring us.

They aren't listening, they're just giving us vague statements that don't actually commit them to anything and then trying to change the subject.

Guest_Dark DJ_*

Guest_Dark DJ_*
  • Guests
Hard choose a favorite moment. Up until the end everything was excellent. I guess if I have to choose it would be the end conversation between Anderson and Shepard(like the cut portion more. Why on earth was that cut?).

Edited by Dark DJ, 15 March 2012 - 03:05 PM.

shnellegaming

shnellegaming
  • Members
  • 698 posts
Brokering peace between Quarians and Geth

All things Garrus!!!!!  Garrus Smoochin!!!!

Grunt covered in blood.

"you are a sister to me" from Wrex

Staring down and blowing up a Reaper on Rannoch

Tali and Ashley Drunk

Waking up next to Aria

Being punched by Jack

Space Hampster chase

Blasto the Hanar Spectre

"I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is my favorite spot on the Citadel"

Thresher Maw vs Reaper

Liara writes your name in the stars

Heroic Mordin curing the Genophage

Punching Han Gerrill

"This is for Thane you SOB!!!"    *STAB*

"I'll be back for you and I'll bring every fleet I can.  Good luck."

"welcome to the crew Edi"

Liara's Dad

Edited by shnellegaming, 16 March 2012 - 05:28 PM.