Citadel Allied Command is mounting a galaxy-wide operation to cripple the Reapers’ shock troops: the turian-krogan hybrids known as “brutes.” To flush out Reaper ground forces, N7 teams are deploying to engage the enemy in key theaters. Heavy reinforcements are expected anywhere fighting begins.
Community Goal: Inflict heavy casualties on Reaper “brutes” on March 16th, 17th, and 18th.
Community Unlock: If this goal is met, all N7 squads will be awarded a Victory Pack that can be unlocked the following week.
Squad Goal: Successful extraction from a Reaper-held zone at a Silver threat level or higher.
Squad Unlock: Your squad will be granted a Commendation Pack.
Your allies are counting on you. Now is not the time to let them down.
Welcome to the first N7 Challenge weekend!
Join your friends on line between 5 PM PST Friday, March 16 and 5 AM PST Monday, March 18, and take the fight to the Reapers like never before.
- Any player who is part of a squad that beats the Reaper faction on Silver difficulty or better will unlock one Commendation Pack. This means that at least one member of the squad must be extracted at the end of the mission – this will earn all squad members the reward. Each player can earn a maximum of one pack, and each pack contains a random N7 Arsenal Weapon. Originally only available as single-player weapons via the N7 Collector’s Edition, these multiplayer variants will be exceptionally rare and are NOT obtainable through regular purchasable Reinforcement Packs. The Commendation Packs will contain one of the following guns at random: N7 Crusader Shotgun, N7 Eagle Pistol, N7 Hurricane SMG, and N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle.
- Destroy as many brutes as possible – if the multiplayer community kills a combined 1 MILLION brutes within the hours of the challenge, ALL players will receive a Victory Pack as a reward.
THIS CHALLENGE IS ONLY IN EFFECT ON XBOX 360 AND PC. UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS, WE ARE UNABLE TO EXTEND THIS PROGRAM TO THE PLAYSTATION 3 PLATFORM.
N7 CHALLENGE - FAQ
How do I participate in the N7 Challenge Weekend “Operation: Goliath”:
To participate, you will need to:
- Ensure you have access to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and can play matches
- Progress tracking and unlocks are only possible if you have data tracking enabled. To verify this, in the game go to: Options -> Online -> Upload Gameplay Feedback, and make sure it is “ON”. If this is set to “OFF” your completion and/or contribution to the challenges will not be tracked and you will not receive any unlocks.
Unlocks will be granted at 5PM PST, Tuesday March 20. No codes are required, you will automatically receive your packs in the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer Store.
What is in the Commendation and Victory Packs? Can I choose my unlocks?
The Commendation Pack and Victory Packs contain a number of upgrades and consumables for use in ME3 multiplayer. The Commendation Packs will contain one of the following guns at random: N7 Crusader Shotgun, N7 Eagle Pistol, N7 Hurricane SMG, and N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle. This unlock cannot be swapped or changed.
I failed to get extracted in a Silver match versus the Reaper faction, but my squad mate was extracted. Will I still receive a Commendation Pack?
Is a full squad of 4 required to unlock the Commendation Pack by beating Reaper Faction on Silver?
No – but it is recommended to improve your chances! As long as one person makes it out alive (extraction) all members of the squad will get a Commendation Pack when they are unlocked on Tuesday.
How will the community know if it has killed 1 Million brutes by Monday 5 am PST?
We will announce the results on our facebook page, twitter and forum sometime on Monday.
Do I have to play multiplayer during the challenge to get the Victory Pack unlock?
No – if the community kills 1 Million brutes within the challenge period, ALL players will receive the Victory Pack. However, your contribution to the kill count would be greatly appreciated!
I think I should have received a Commendation Pack and/or a Victory Pack but did not. What should I do?
You should verify the following:
- You were logged in with the correct Origin ID (linked to your Xbox Gamertag or PSN ID if you are playing on a console)
- Verify you have data tracking enabled per the first question in this FAQ: in the game, go to Options -> Online -> Upload Gameplay Feedback, and make sure it is “ON”. If it was “OFF” during the challenge period, you will not be able to receive the unlocks.
- [b]Please note that you must redeem (open) the packs within 7 days of receiving them. They will disappear from your multiplayer Store menu after that and you will not be able to have them restored. Don’t delay in obtaining/redeeming your packs.
Edited by Chris Priestly, 21 March 2012 - 12:34 AM.