Operation: Goliath. This weekend

1968 replies to this topic

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts
Posted Image

Operation Goliath
Citadel Allied Command is mounting a galaxy-wide operation to cripple the Reapers’ shock troops: the turian-krogan hybrids known as “brutes.” To flush out Reaper ground forces, N7 teams are deploying to engage the enemy in key theaters. Heavy reinforcements are expected anywhere fighting begins.

Community Goal: Inflict heavy casualties on Reaper “brutes” on March 16th, 17th, and 18th.

Community Unlock: If this goal is met, all N7 squads will be awarded a Victory Pack that can be unlocked the following week.

Squad Goal: Successful extraction from a Reaper-held zone at a Silver threat level or higher.

Squad Unlock: Your squad will be granted a Commendation Pack.

Your allies are counting on you. Now is not the time to let them down.

Welcome to the first N7 Challenge weekend!

Join your friends on line between 5 PM PST Friday, March 16 and 5 AM PST Monday, March 18, and take the fight to the Reapers like never before.
  • Any player who is part of a squad that beats the Reaper faction on Silver difficulty or better will unlock one Commendation Pack.  This means that at least one member of the squad must be extracted at the end of the mission – this will earn all squad members the reward. Each player can earn a maximum of one pack, and each pack contains a random N7 Arsenal Weapon. Originally only available as single-player weapons via the N7 Collector’s Edition, these multiplayer variants will be exceptionally rare and are NOT obtainable through regular purchasable Reinforcement Packs.   The Commendation Packs will contain one of the following guns at random: N7 Crusader Shotgun, N7 Eagle Pistol, N7 Hurricane SMG, and N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle.
  • Destroy as many brutes as possible – if the multiplayer community kills a combined 1 MILLION brutes within the hours of the challenge, ALL players will receive a Victory Pack as a reward. 
PLEASE NOTE THAT REWARDS WILL UNLOCK ON TUESDAY, MARCH 20 @ 5 PM PST. YOU MUST REDEEM (OPEN) YOUR PACKS IN THE MULTIPLAYER STORE MENU WITHIN 7 DAYS, AT WHICH POINT THE PACKS WILL EXPIRE AND CANNOT BE RESTORED.

THIS CHALLENGE IS ONLY IN EFFECT ON XBOX 360 AND PC. UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS, WE ARE UNABLE TO EXTEND THIS PROGRAM TO THE PLAYSTATION 3 PLATFORM.

N7 CHALLENGE - FAQ

How do I participate in the N7 Challenge Weekend “Operation: Goliath”:
To participate, you will need to:
  •  Ensure you have access to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and can play matches
  • Progress tracking and unlocks are only possible if you have data tracking enabled. To verify this, in the game go to: Options -> Online -> Upload Gameplay Feedback, and make sure it is “ON”.  If this is set to “OFF” your completion and/or contribution to the challenges will not be tracked and you will not receive any unlocks.
When will I receive the unlockable packs, and do I need to input a code to get them?
Unlocks will be granted at 5PM PST, Tuesday March 20.  No codes are required, you will automatically receive your packs in the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer Store.

What is in the Commendation and Victory Packs? Can I choose my unlocks?
The Commendation Pack and Victory Packs contain a number of upgrades and consumables for use in ME3 multiplayer. The Commendation Packs will contain one of the following guns at random: N7 Crusader Shotgun, N7 Eagle Pistol, N7 Hurricane SMG, and N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle.  This unlock cannot be swapped or changed.

I failed to get extracted in a Silver match versus the Reaper faction, but my squad mate was extracted. Will I still receive a Commendation Pack?
Yes.

Is a full squad of 4 required to unlock the Commendation Pack by beating Reaper Faction on Silver?

No – but it is recommended to improve your chances! As long as one person makes it out alive (extraction) all members of the squad will get a Commendation Pack when they are unlocked on Tuesday.

How will the community know if it has killed 1 Million brutes by Monday 5 am PST?
We will announce the results on our facebook page, twitter and forum sometime on Monday.

Do I have to play multiplayer during the challenge to get the Victory Pack unlock?
No – if the community kills 1 Million brutes within the challenge period, ALL players will receive the Victory Pack. However, your contribution to the kill count would be greatly appreciated!

I think I should have received a Commendation Pack and/or a Victory Pack but did not. What should I do?

You should verify the following:
  • You were logged in with the correct Origin ID (linked to your Xbox Gamertag or PSN ID if you are playing on a console)
  • Verify you have data tracking enabled per the first question in this FAQ: in the game, go to Options -> Online -> Upload Gameplay Feedback, and make sure it is “ON”.  If it was “OFF” during the challenge period, you will not be able to receive the unlocks.
  • [b]Please note that you must redeem (open) the packs within 7 days of receiving them. They will disappear from your multiplayer Store menu after that and you will not be able to have them restored. Don’t delay in obtaining/redeeming your packs.

Posted Image

:devil:

Edited by Chris Priestly, 21 March 2012 - 12:34 AM.

kyles3

kyles3
  • Members
  • 1,836 posts
PS3 players can't participate? Seems pretty unfair, dudes.

TheProfessor234

TheProfessor234
  • Members
  • 598 posts
This is actually a pretty sweet idea. Going to have to try to do some more silver challenges.

Samuel_Valkyrie

Samuel_Valkyrie
  • Members
  • 703 posts
Aww. I do pity the people of Bioware. they want to create as good an experiene as possible, and I can imagine they were looking forward to surprising the fanbase with this special event. Which I totally appreciate, so kudos to you, Bioware, in this respet.

I feel for you, I really do. Good of you to do this. For what it's worth, thanks.

EDIT: OK, deleting the references to the endings of my post, editing things so that it seems I wholeheartedly support this, while what I actually said was giving you some support while you are going through all this talk and backlash, that is less appreciated. I will not allow my posts to be censored, especially not when I was actually giving you support.

I did not insult you, or anyone else. I did not use any cursory words, of any nature. I held to the rules and regulations of this forum. I will NOT accept my posts being censored.

Edited by Samuel_Valkyrie, 16 March 2012 - 07:13 PM.

Mr. C

Mr. C
  • Members
  • 360 posts
Challenge Accepted!

DBa11_r

DBa11_r
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Saddened by PS3 players being excluded! Terrible!

Cat Lionheart

Cat Lionheart
  • Members
  • 117 posts
That, sounds like an awesome idea.
The Alliance can count on me.

Chala

Chala
  • Members
  • 4,078 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
So...
Bonus for killing stuff?
I'm in!

ShadowFaction

ShadowFaction
  • Members
  • 154 posts
Suhweet! Death to all Brutes!

Too bad you can't choose which weapon you get though, or can't try for all, my Vanguard would really like the Crusader.

luzburg

luzburg
  • Members
  • 947 posts
hmm, trying to distract us ?

Mr. C

Mr. C
  • Members
  • 360 posts
Death to Brutes D:<

Edited by Chris Priestly, 16 March 2012 - 07:03 PM.

sebastian5599

sebastian5599
  • Members
  • 6 posts
we ps3 players get left out again? seriously bioware?

chaosstar66

chaosstar66
  • Members
  • 2 posts
 thats cool

Link Ashland 614

Link Ashland 614
  • Members
  • 917 posts
Why PS3 players are left out? That's unfair!! I don't even have a PS3, but that's not fair.

Also, count me in there!

TheProfessor234

TheProfessor234
  • Members
  • 598 posts

ShadowFaction wrote...

Suhweet! Death to all Brutes!

Too bad you can't choose which weapon you get though, or can't try for all, my Vanguard would really like the Crusader.

I don't know if they mean you only get one pack per completed mission or one pack just for this event.

In any case, I plan to find out, if I can survive. 

Cyphion

Cyphion
  • Members
  • 1 posts
This is really lame. I have all 3 platforms, but I tend to play my PS3 a lot more than my 360. So now it seems that people who brought it for PS3 are not going to have the same experience? How does that work?

AloraKast

AloraKast
  • Members
  • 288 posts
But... but... I suck at multiplayer!

And the Brutes scare me (well, maybe not as much as the Banshees do, with all their screeching and whatnot, but still)... even on Bronze they whoop my [behind]!!!

Posted Image

Nah, I'll give it a go... and woe be to the Squad that gets me as a member. Such a Squad should definitely get a rare recognition for that valiant effort!

Posted Image

Walla Walla 06

Walla Walla 06
  • Members
  • 195 posts
PS3 owners keep getting hosed, eh? Glad I'm on a 360 I guess.

Rainond

Rainond
  • Members
  • 33 posts
awesome i'm in! to sad i'm goona be there just for one day but i'm sure i will kill a lot of them

kogunenjou

kogunenjou
  • Members
  • 126 posts
I'll join in, sure.

Edited by Chris Priestly, 16 March 2012 - 07:05 PM.

Firebeard2011

Firebeard2011
  • Members
  • 28 posts
is there gonna anything exclusive for ps3 then or somthin?

Edited by Firebeard2011, 16 March 2012 - 06:43 PM.

Jarrett Lee

Jarrett Lee
  • BioWare Employees
  • 367 posts
Hi guys

May need to clean up this thread if posts about the SP ending pop up too much. Message received....and this a post about a MP event in the MP forum, so let's keep in on topic :)

Note that yes, you can only earn 1 Commendation Pack (not 1 per session you survive) and the N7 weapon in it is random. I realize that wont always be ideal, but jeeze arent you guys playing more than 1 class? I'm constantly torn between my Quarian Infiltrator and Krogan Solder ;) Again, though, we have other cool promos planned.

Edited by Jarrett Lee, 16 March 2012 - 06:47 PM.

Farbautisonn

Farbautisonn
  • Members
  • 3,083 posts
YIIIHAW !! PEW PEW PEW!!!

....when is the next MP shooter title due btw?

robarcool

robarcool
  • Members
  • 6,608 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
Bring it oooonnnn! I am going to butt shoot those brutes to death lol!

IronSabbath88

IronSabbath88
  • Members
  • 1,810 posts
Nice guys. It's always cool to see events like this. Keep it up!

Hoping for the Valiant, myself!