Photo

I returned my ME3 on Origin! (And other how to return guides.)

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

t_i_e_

t_i_e_
  • Members
  • 394 posts
Legend:
###### = Origin How To Guide

%%%%= Non-Origin Bought Guide

********=Rant

**********************************************************************************************************************

I just returned my copy on Orgin! (How to below rant. Skip to the # section.)

I suggest all people who dislike the end to do the same.

-Unless you really think there is hope for a good FREE patched in ending. (I believe we should've have had one at release.)
  -Why? List of broken promises.

I'm going to give the money to the Child's Play charity and I feel as if I've damn well held the line.

I feel like I might buy it again if  Bioware can produce a good and well reviewed ending. Other wise at this time Bioware has lost my business forever. I'll just borrow any of their games.

**********************************************************************************************************************
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
None Origin copies:

Amazon will return almost anything including ME3.(Need someone to post a detailed how to guide so I can add it.)

All other retailers:
-are currently a not giving a FULL return. You can try. Let us know if
you have sucess.
-Many stores offer a trade in credit if you want to call that a return

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

#######################################################################################
How to:

1) Open Orgin, not Mass Effect 3.

2) Login

3) Click the white question mark near the top right.

4) Window will open. Near the top edge of the window named 'Orgin Help' click 'Live Chat'

5) Window will open saying please wait while we connect you to an agent in India.

6) Greet your agent kindly and ask them how their day is. Tell them you want to return a product that a company made that did not have what was advertised in it.
    -At this point I got disconnect by an agent (read more strangeness below.) but the next agent helped and refunded me without a word more
    -If you get denied at this point I suggest you persist with reasons why and kindness towards your agent, if need be ask for a manager

7) They might ask for order# and the last four digits of your credit card (I work in retail and this is a common way to attach a customer to a receit / account.)

8) Receive refund in 5-7 days (in my case by credit card)

Strangeness: I'm not sure if its related to the agent but when I was talking to the first agent named Manik I was asked my email account and purchase #. Then I was kicked off Orgin because some one logged into my account!!!! I logged in again and got kicked off in 20 seconds. This happened four times. Then I went in and change my password and it stopped. Write in bold in reply if this happens to you!!!!
######################################################################################

Customer survey rolled into my email soon after. Asked how they could improve? I wrote:

Dragon Age 2, Stat Wars: The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3 were bad games. I refuse to do any more business with Bioware and advise my friends like wise. I will also not buy Electronic Arts products as well unless well reviewed BY PLAYERS.

Bioware can regain my trust by making a free and proper ending to Mass Effect 3. If its well reviewed then I will buy back Mass Effect 3. Until then I will borrow all Bioware games from now on that attract my attention.

EA's purchase of Bioware has killed a great company. Now its dragged through the dirt.

Edited by t_i_e_, 22 March 2012 - 03:45 AM.

t_i_e_

t_i_e_
  • Members
  • 394 posts
bump

ConradsLaces

ConradsLaces
  • Members
  • 471 posts
Definitely worth a bump... because some people are wondering if they can return their Origin copy - and how to do so.
Thanks!

shurryy

shurryy
  • Members
  • 530 posts
I don't believe in boycotts...
And let's face it, a free DLC ending is unlikely and just plain unrealistic. I'd rather have to pay for it + some added content other than the ending. Keeps the folks currently happy with the ending happy, and those not happy with it happy.

t_i_e_

t_i_e_
  • Members
  • 394 posts
Am I the only one noticing a huge in flux of fluff posts right now? Trying to bury the return subjects??

Paparob

Paparob
  • Members
  • 498 posts
I doubt it, this is just a really fast forum. I'm not sure if I should return my copy. I just don't know.

Samuel_Valkyrie

Samuel_Valkyrie
  • Members
  • 703 posts
Maybe.

I for one am keeping my copy of the game. I hope that EA and Bioware will deliver, for if I hadn't that hope, why would I be here? That's not to say that I will not support those who do return their game, because it does send a message, but I don't want to this franchise to die off completely.

I just hope that everyone who returns their games, promises to buy it when Bioware responds to fan feedback and implements a free Endings DLC.

Guest_Sion1138_*

Guest_Sion1138_*
  • Guests
I would return mine if I could. Might give it away though.

Empiro3

Empiro3
  • Members
  • 119 posts
I don't plan on getting a refund. I want the game fixed, no more, no less. If I get a refund, I'm in no moral position to ask for any changes.

Edited by Empiro3, 20 March 2012 - 08:27 AM.

WazTheMagnificent

WazTheMagnificent
  • Members
  • 149 posts
This is a REALLY good idea. Anyone who cares should do this. This would be by far the best method of getting their attention.

Edited by WazTheMagnificent, 20 March 2012 - 08:28 AM.

t_i_e_

t_i_e_
  • Members
  • 394 posts

Samuel_Valkyrie wrote...

I for one am keeping my copy of the game. I hope that EA and Bioware will deliver, for if I hadn't that hope, why would I be here? That's not to say that I will not support those who do return their game, because it does send a message, but I don't want to this franchise to die off completely.

Since I experienced the total....  gosh I'm not repeating myself again... fiasco. I've felt betrayed and thought I got over it. But I kept coming back to these forums. Lurking, hoping and raging. At this VERY MOMENT I can truly say I know how Captain Ahab must've felt about his Great White Whale. And by returning it I've felt like I've just buried my spear in it eye!

LegendaryBlade

LegendaryBlade
  • Members
  • 1,472 posts
I enjoy the rest of the game enough to keep it, but Bioware has lost my future business sunless the endings is fixed. I had a ton of brand loyalty until the ending of ME3, even after the garbage that was DA2. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool be three times and f*** it i'm out.

crapmonster13

crapmonster13
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Empiro3 wrote...

I don't plan on getting a refund. I want the game fixed, no more, no less. If I get a refund, I'm in no moral position to ask for any changes.

This, its hard to be in a position of asking for changes when you are no longer a customer.

Peete

Peete
  • Members
  • 640 posts
Got my copy retail :(

Edited by Peete, 20 March 2012 - 08:33 AM.

Peete

Peete
  • Members
  • 640 posts

Empiro3 wrote...

If they suddenly have to refund a lot of copies all because of the ending they might decide to just change it in the hopes of someone being willing to rebuy it.

Myskal1981

Myskal1981
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Empiro3 wrote...

This.

Problem is, I think Bioware/EA might me tempted to use the number of refunds as fuel for their argument that only a minority is unsatisfied with the ending, completely ignoring the fact that there is a huge difference in disliking the endings and wanting a change to completely hate everything and wanting my money back.

XJ347

XJ347
  • Members
  • 160 posts

shurryy wrote...

So you are the kind of person who goes back to his or her spouse who keeps beating him/her... Interesting. It is more common than people think.

When someone violates me, I get on my feet no matter how much I love the person and walk the frack out!

Going back and supporting bioware means you approve of their actions. They care about profits not about what you say. If you buy their products then you are wasting your time complaining because it doesn't mean a thing to them.

I am not trying to be a jerk, but I want you to realize that they only listen to profits. Buying their products means they are doing a good job.

t_i_e_

t_i_e_
  • Members
  • 394 posts
Anyone have any success?

Any agent disconnects?

t_i_e_

t_i_e_
  • Members
  • 394 posts
Looking for feedback.

Mandemon

Mandemon
  • Members
  • 781 posts
Thanks for info, I am still waiting for announcement from Bioware but I am loosing hope and I might just do what you said. I didn't at first know you could do this, so thanks!

t_i_e_

t_i_e_
  • Members
  • 394 posts

Mandemon wrote...

Thanks for info, I am still waiting for announcement from Bioware but I am loosing hope and I might just do what you said. I didn't at first know you could do this, so thanks!

At what point though do they say your to far beyond a return period?

Megakoresh

Megakoresh
  • Members
  • 536 posts
How can you do that?! Returning the game for an ending? Really? That's pathetic. EA had nothing to do with it! BioWare simply tried too hard, everyone makes mistakes.
If nothing else you should be returning the game for their DAY1 DLC with Javik, who is one of THE BEST characters in the game, who had his SCRIPT written WELL before the certification (even if the mission was done afterwards) and who is extremely important to the lore. THAT is a worthy reason. Yours is definitely not. Endings were bad, BioWare, I am sure, will try to do something about, but returning the game for THAT and calling off entire support for a company is just stupid.
I agree on DA2 and SW: the old Republic. Yes they are bad, yes they were effortless monetization attempts by EA. But the ending of Mass Effect 3 clearly wasn't.

Edited by Megakoresh, 20 March 2012 - 09:00 AM.

SSUGAMER

SSUGAMER
  • Members
  • 20 posts
 anyone know if they would refund me my mass effect 3 CE at gamestop? Personally, I doubt it.

Adanu

Adanu
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts

XJ347 wrote...

shurryy wrote...

So you are the kind of person who goes back to his or her spouse who keeps beating him/her... Interesting. It is more common than people think.

When someone violates me, I get on my feet no matter how much I love the person and walk the frack out!

Going back and supporting bioware means you approve of their actions. They care about profits not about what you say. If you buy their products then you are wasting your time complaining because it doesn't mean a thing to them.

I am not trying to be a jerk, but I want you to realize that they only listen to profits. Buying their products means they are doing a good job.

:D:D

And now you people are resorting to strawmans about WIFE BEATERS.

Thanks, I'll be sure to point to this post about dislikers putting words in peoples mouths.

t_i_e_

t_i_e_
  • Members
  • 394 posts
  • Mass Effect 3

Megakoresh wrote...

How can you do that?! Returning the game for an ending? Really? That's pathetic. EA had nothing to do with it! BioWare simply tried too hard, everyone makes mistakes.
If nothing else you should be returning the game for their DAY1 DLC with Javik, who is one of THE BEST characters in the game, who had his SCRIPT written WELL before the certification (even if the mission was done afterwards) and who is extremely important to the lore. THAT is a worthy reason. Yours is definitely not. Endings were bad, BioWare, I am sure, will try to do something about, but returning the game for THAT and calling off entire support for a company is just stupid.
I agree on DA2 and SW: the old Republic. Yes they are bad, yes they were effortless monetization attempts by EA. But the ending of Mass Effect 3 clearly wasn't.

See bulletin 6 in the steps.

tl;dr
They lied in the advertising and interviews months before the game was to come out.

http://alizrak.wordp...ect-3-spoilers/

Edited by t_i_e_, 20 March 2012 - 09:07 AM.