Photo

Can you REALLY get 4000+ EMS points without Multiplayer?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1821 replies to this topic

insomniac13

insomniac13
  • Members
  • 504 posts
Really? I find that hard to believe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FACTS:
Bioware has repeatedly claimed through press releases, forums posts, and twitter that multiplayer isn't needed to get the best ending. Let's put aside any complaints about the endings themseles for now and see if this is true.

To get the best ending you need 4000+ EMS. However, without multiplayer your Glactic Readiness rating is stuck at 50%, meaning you need 8000+ total war assets to achieve this. The only other way to raise the Galactic Readiness percentage is through Mass Effect: Infiltrator and the Datapad iOS app, and frankly I find the idea of being forced to use these even worse than being forced to use multiplayer.

So what it all comes down to is whether or not its possible to get 8000 points from war assets.

Before I get to the meat of this I will point out that there are 2 war assets that can't be obtained with singleplayer. Specifically, the N7 Special Ops Team, worth 75 for each multiplayer character you promote and Cerberus Escapees for completing Mass Effect: Infiltrator, worth 40. I have removed these from the total count.

Instead of relying on anectotal evidence I have simply datamined the games code to gather a complete list of every war asset within the game. The blanket totals without factoring in mutually exclusive assets and decisions are thus:

Alien: 1000
Alliance: 1881
Asari: 668
Crucible: 915
Ex-Cerberus: 260
Geth: 820
Krogan: 925
Quarian: 830
Salarian: 433
Turian: 638

TOTAL: 8370

Now before you say "well there you are then, over 8000. Nothing more to see here.", these numbers are too high, requiring such things as both Kaiden and Ashley to be alive and simultaneously rescuing the council and letting them die in ME1. There's also mutually exclusive events within ME3 itself, some  minor some not so minor. After studying the numbers I have found the optimized path for getting the absolute highest possible number of war assets even if it forces you to play like a shizophrenic looney. Here it is, the highest war assets score you can achieve.

Alien: 1000
Alliance: 1701
Asari: 668
Crucible: 815
Ex-Cerberus: 260
Geth: 815 OR 515
Krogan: 795
Quarian: 525 OR 825
Salarian: 338
Turian: 633

TOTAL: 7550

There are two values for the quarians and the geth because one of them has to take a 150 penalty, it doesn't matter which.

Without multiplayer you cannot get above 7700 war assets.

It is impossible.

I can not be done.

At all.

Period.

But don't just take my word for it. See for yourself, here's the war asset data ripped directly from the game: http://pastebin.com/hRks27wB (warning, potential heavy spoilers).

That lists every asset within the game's code, including those that just give research data and credits (the ones with obscenely large values like 10000 or 30000 are credits). There are 2 listed in there that appear to have been cut or otherwise removed from the game: #32 Element Zero Core with a value of 200, and #33 Cerberus Flotilla valued at 100. So even if we include magical nonexistent assets you'd have to do evrything throughout the entire series perfectly.

People have made numerous topics about this and even pm'ed people like Thomas Abrams to ask what the deal is and the response is always "It's possible to achieve over 4000 EMS without multiplayer." with no further elaboration. It's. Not. I don't know how I can possibly be more clear about this. It is not possible to get the best ending without multiplayer.

I'm sorry if I sound accusatory but I'm starting to lose patience about this issue being constantly and consistently brushed aside. Maybe Bioware has a different version from the retail copy, maybe there's a communications error somewhere, but the fact is that Bioware's statements on this matter are flat out wrong.

These are cold hard FACTS, not a matter of opinion like the endings. Why has there not been any acknowledgement that this issue is real and exists? And can you imagine how many people would explode when the Extended Cut DLC is released and they discover they can't get the best result without multiplayer?

Bioware, I ask you to please stop ignoring this and make some sort of statement that you are aware of the problem.

-EDIT-
For the record, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming they're not lying. I think it's far more likely that there's a failure to communicate somewhere. The point of this thread is to try to rectify that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original write-up by BSN user secretidentity

Edited by insomniac13, 18 April 2012 - 08:33 PM.

DaewaNya

DaewaNya
  • Members
  • 263 posts
i got more than 5000 with a ME1+ME2 save, so yes.

I_Jedi

I_Jedi
  • Members
  • 1,309 posts
i hear that dataminers prove that idea false.

bazzag

bazzag
  • Members
  • 3,135 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
i got something like 4300 without mp, so yeah

metawanderer

metawanderer
  • Members
  • 434 posts
Playing a full paragon from ME 1-2 and completing every side quest and scanning every planet that had something to scan, the highest I could get my EMS was to 3800 without playing multiplayer :(

merrick97

merrick97
  • Members
  • 191 posts
I really wish people would quit LYING about this. It is impossible to get 4000 without multiplayer. It has been dissected and proven over and over again.

Mr. Gogeta34

Mr. Gogeta34
  • Members
  • 4,019 posts
No, it is not possible (fas as I know).

Edited by Mr. Gogeta34, 22 March 2012 - 11:55 PM.

kbct

kbct
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
Someone posted how to do it but you need to complete both ME1 and ME2 and do a mix of paragon and renegade.

Very unlikely.

Haven't seen pics yet though. Hmm...

frostajulie

frostajulie
  • Members
  • 1,929 posts
I am NOT going to play multiplayer. Is there a workaround, fix, or cheat for this?

HOLDING THE LINE. A NEW SUBSCRIBER TO FORBES MAGAZINE. I spend my money on my convictions. Forbes got the money I would have used to purchase DLC

ManualReplica

ManualReplica
  • Members
  • 286 posts
No multiplayer = 50% effectiveness
50% effectiveness = ½ of total EMS
Total max EMS with multiplayer = 6000-8000
??? = Profit

devSin

devSin
  • Members
  • 7,665 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
There are around 7,500 total assets attainable in the game.

It is not possible to achieve 4,000 or more EMS with the default 50% readiness.

You can cheat your saved game to increase assets; otherwise, you need to play multiplayer or use the iOS apps to increase your readiness.

Eliavres33

Eliavres33
  • Members
  • 29 posts
That actually depends on ME2. If you destroyed Maelon's data in ME2 you can't. You need the extra EMS that female krogan gives you when she lives. Without that you're stuck at tops 7000 something TOTAL military strength.

Olueq

Olueq
  • Members
  • 1,502 posts

DaewaNya wrote...

Im sure you did.

Kilshrek

Kilshrek
  • Members
  • 4,134 posts
I got something just above 7000 TMS for being pretty thorough. Imports from ME 1 + 2 obviously.

sedrikhcain

sedrikhcain
  • Members
  • 1,046 posts

merrick97 wrote...

I really wish people would quit LYING about this. It is impossible to get 4000 without multiplayer. It has been dissected and proven over and over again.

I think perhaps people are confusing total war assets with EMS. What really bugs me is that they reduce your galactic readiness multiplier if you don't keep playing MP. I got my multiplier up to about 82% and was quite happy to leave it there but no, I have to keep playing multiplayer or see it slide all the way back to 50% for any coming playthroughs.

That is truly ramming MP down my throat -- something BioWare -- and I'm talking Casey Hudson specifically --swore they wouldn't do.

Habs25

Habs25
  • Members
  • 213 posts
Excuse moi? I got 4000 EMS without MP or anything else besides the game itself. FISH! buy fish people

Gnaeus.Silvanus

Gnaeus.Silvanus
  • Members
  • 910 posts
No you can't I'm pure paragon and scoured every system got all the war assets stayed only within 3000+ mark.

Squallypo

Squallypo
  • Members
  • 1,176 posts

devSin wrote...

You can cheat your saved game to increase assets; otherwise, you need to play multiplayer or use the iOS apps to increase your readiness.

i wouldnt use the word Cheat , more like modify the save data, i would also love how to do so cause i dont know how.  i use xbox so yeah.

Golden Owl

Golden Owl
  • Members
  • 4,064 posts
Completionist in ME1, ME2 and ME3....all side quests, everything that can be scanned/picked up/found/etc....done....level 60 ME1...level 30 ME2...everyone loyal...all DLCs included...no stone unturned, games wrung out of all content....everyh Paragon trigger pulled, every Paragon blue dialog used....my Uber Paragon cannot get more that 3646 EMS.

Salis777

Salis777
  • Members
  • 431 posts

Squallypo wrote...

devSin wrote...

i wouldnt use the word Cheat , more like modify the save data, i would also love how to do so cause i dont know how.  i use xbox so yeah.

Or you could just watch the youtube video of the 4000+ ending, for the extra 2 seconds :whistle:

Golden Owl

Golden Owl
  • Members
  • 4,064 posts

Habs25 wrote...

Excuse moi? I got 4000 EMS without MP or anything else besides the game itself. FISH! buy fish people

I will be so p*ssed if it comes down to the fish....my uber Paragon stayed professional with Kelly...friendly but professional, she is his subordinate, why would he if his that upstanding a dude.

Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 773 posts

DaewaNya wrote...

You have to remember that without playing multiplayer your EFFECTIVENESS is halved.

So you need 8000 total without multiplayer to get the "best" ending which was crap anyways.

I recommend Gibbed's ME3 edtior, and if you are on 360 then you need Horizon (or Modio, whatever you prefer but Horizon is better) as well.
Also, Bioware allows 360 modding discussions (and tutorials, look at sig) unlike some other companies *cough* Bethesda *cough*

Edited by RX_Sean_XI, 23 March 2012 - 12:17 AM.

CrasVox

CrasVox
  • Members
  • 209 posts
cannot be done. period. I also did completionist runs in ME1 and ME2, like a previous poster said. Cannot get about 4k EMS. Cannot be done.

Squallypo

Squallypo
  • Members
  • 1,176 posts

Salis777 wrote...

Squallypo wrote...

devSin wrote...

Or you could just watch the youtube video of the 4000+ ending, for the extra 2 seconds :whistle:

you missing entirely my point here thanks :unsure:

SHilton75

SHilton75
  • Members
  • 86 posts
Not sure why so many people are opposed to multiplayer. It's coop and easy to get your readiness to 100%. Hell, if you gather all the points, you don't even need to get to 100%. I didn't think I would like the MP, but after getting used to it I try to do a couple matches each night. More if it's with friends.