Photo

DAUpdater will not run

53 replies to this topic

BengalTA

BengalTA
  • Members
  • 15 posts
 I have tried the CMD fixes posted int he other forum to no avail.
I have asked a buddy of mine to send me his 3 DAupdater files and replaced mine with them to see if mine were corrupted... no luck.

What happens when I click the DAUpdater.exe file is basically nothing. 
It opens in my task manager but no windows open at all. In the task manager it's a very tiny memory usage.
This has caused me all kinds of issues ranging from not being able to use already existing DLC content games (IE all of my saved games) or getting any of the NEW DLC i might want.
This problem started out of the blue after a system crash while playing the game. It was initially fine.

Varenus Luckmann

Varenus Luckmann
  • Members
  • 2,891 posts
Join the club of non-working DAUpdater.

BengalTA

BengalTA
  • Members
  • 15 posts
and still no replies to any of the threads on this problem as far as i can see

Varenus Luckmann

Varenus Luckmann
  • Members
  • 2,891 posts
Casually checking the forums for the last couple of days, I've seen at least 5 different threads with DAUpdater issues with all of them being ignored. At the very least, the issues should have their own sticky by now, but nope.

BengalTA

BengalTA
  • Members
  • 15 posts
bump??

lavosslayer

lavosslayer
  • Members
  • 293 posts
suppose I'll add my proverbial "me too" here as well, I mean I've done it in every other thread about this issue.

ZackArnold

ZackArnold
  • Members
  • 57 posts
Probably the developers never had any problem running the daupdater before so give them some time to figure out how to make it "not working" before they can fix this problem

BengalTA

BengalTA
  • Members
  • 15 posts
well apparently all they need to do is let the game crash on them and that will cause whatever this problem is

Jab0r

Jab0r
  • Members
  • 406 posts
You've checked that the DAUpdater service is running, right?

BengalTA

BengalTA
  • Members
  • 15 posts
the DAUpdater wont run thats the problem.. as stated in my original post.

Dramic87

Dramic87
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I'll add my name to the pile... no DAUpdater working here.

aaronmv

aaronmv
  • Members
  • 16 posts
Me too - Bioware better get on this, and the several other issues. If they are, they should let us know. I love the game, but this has got to be one of the worst cases of non-responsiveness from a game developer I've ever experienced.

Titius.Vibius

Titius.Vibius
  • Members
  • 1,053 posts
If I upload my version of the Daupdater would that help?

Benji1306

Benji1306
  • Members
  • 71 posts
Well as of now my daupdater wont work either. The funny thing is, that when i had steam installed on my C drive and with it, dragon age ofcourse, my daupdater worked fine once i installed it in cmd. But now I've installed steam on my E drive, because I'm running windows on my C drive wich is a 120gb raptor disk and my E drive has 1TB. But now i get that error 5 message and the daupdater refuses to start no matter what i do.

Edited by Benji1306, 03 December 2009 - 11:29 PM.

Syberduh

Syberduh
  • Members
  • 4 posts
+1 on daupdater not working. I get an error message when I try to run it. I'd like to try some of the modules already out there like Red Riding Hood Redux but as far as I can tell I'm out of luck until the updater decides to start working.

Antiuna

Antiuna
  • Members
  • 151 posts
Reviving this post and adding my name to the list. Can't open mods, DAUpdater.xml is not found.

Jason Leong

Jason Leong
  • BioWare Employees
  • 119 posts
We have a preview application that contains a number of the DA Updater fixes for the upcoming PC Patch.

You can try it out and see if it helps solve your problems in the meanwhile.

If you do, please let me know if it helps.

http://supportfiles....nostic_beta.exe

Also, you'll want to confirm your service starts when you boot the game. A few users have reported they need to manually start their service for some reason.

1. In Windows, Press start

2. Run "services.msc"

3. Find and start "Dragon Age: Origins - Content Updater"

4. Restart game

AkosMiklos

AkosMiklos
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Jason Leong wrote...

We have a preview application that contains a number of the DA Updater fixes for the upcoming PC Patch.
You can try it out and see if it helps solve your problems in the meanwhile.
If you do, please let me know if it helps.
http://supportfiles....nostic_beta.exe

Also, you'll want to confirm your service starts when you boot the game. A few users have reported they need to manually start their service for some reason.
1. In Windows, Press start
2. Run "services.msc"
3. Find and start "Dragon Age: Origins - Content Updater"
4. Restart game

Thank you. This seems to work.

HolyDevil121

HolyDevil121
  • Members
  • 1 posts
i cannot find my DAUpdater anywhere. ive searched through my dragon age folder and its not there. its never been there and i dont run it on steam or anything. anybody else had this problem?

NosgothSR

NosgothSR
  • Members
  • 44 posts
The same here. While playing the game, suddenly a DAupdater crash appears. I can't even start the service from services.msc. I was playing perfectly all the time. I finished the game with one character. Now I was playing with a new one and while playing the Golem quest, suddenly the quest dissapeared and the additional content installed, tells me that I have to verify the game. And I verified the game one month ago and played that quest without problem! What's happening now and WHY?

NosgothSR

NosgothSR
  • Members
  • 44 posts
Does somebody found a solution? :(

ellol12

ellol12
  • Members
  • 1 posts
cant make it work omg used the run thing and tried everything NEED A SOLUTION PLZZ

NosgothSR

NosgothSR
  • Members
  • 44 posts
That's really annoying.

GStroke

GStroke
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Just downloaded the diagnostic file from Akos' post above. Fixed the problem.

Imachnen

Imachnen
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Please link me to correct location if this is not correct place to ask, but I'm also having a similar problem. I want to look at this DAO A Tale of Orzammar from the PC Gamer Feb issue disc, and I don't seem to have a DAUpdater to run either. Game otherwise works fine. I have Steam collector edition. Maybe Steam doesn't install updater as it auto updates through Steam?