Photo

Frustrations with this blasted process

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts
Right.

After apparently doing some strange magic involving the blood of a Unicorn, I've been able to kind of get a profile here. Don't ask, it hasn't been pretty.

Let me say this: this is crap, Bioware/EA. You've dropped the ball, big time.

I have the account Berym. It was migrated over from the old Bioware account, no problems. I activated my codes, went to play the game and found out that I needed an EA account.

No problem, I went to EA and signed up and then when I get back here, the fact that my EA account and my current account on here share the same email has caused some horrible breaking in your systems.

So.

What I want is for my EA account and my Bioware account to just link already so I can get my redeemed codes and play the bloody game.

Frankly this is frustrating enough that I'll just return the game - paying effectively $120USD because of the rip off you charge Australians for games is enough of an insult without this balls up.

Just fix it. You - for now - already have my money.

- Berym

Snoteye

Snoteye
  • Members
  • 2,319 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Registering here also creates an EA account.

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts
You didn't actually read my post, did you?

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts
Sigh.

Look. Merge Berym and Berym_temp together. The email address etc on Berym are my correct ones and is my current EA account email address as well (and I can sign into the update servers fine using the email address and password in the game).

Berym has my redeemed codes. Berym_temp is the only one that works signing in with the in-game logins.

Of course, it's probably too much to ask that someone's working late in the US on launch day, eh?

*Frustrated sound*

tomaltach

tomaltach
  • Members
  • 46 posts
So just to be clear, you signed up here with your Bioware forum account, filling in an email, password, etc. Then you couldn't log in within the game so you went to EA and created an account with the same email? This shouldn't have been possible. That email and password you filled in when registering here IS an EA account.

How are you logging in to the social site, with your display name or the email? If you logged in with your display name, what display name do you see when you log in with your email?

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts
Yes, that's what I did. As for whether it should have been possible or not I can't say... I suspect there might have been a glitch in this site talking to EA, so it didn't register as having been done or something.

I had to make a secondary account at the EA site by clearing my cache, changing the email, logging in here and then changing my email back to what my Berym ID has. Like I said, strange magical trickery possibly involving the blood of Unicorns :P

Before I found the obscure work around to even post about my problems I was getting stuck - logging in with my Social Site user ID stuck me at step 2, saying the email address was already in use elsewhere and trying to register with the EA ID was stuck, saying it autodetected my ID already in use.

If I had been able to foresee the issues I would have held off on using my redemption codes and just sucked up the loss of my preferred ID.

As it is, the redemption codes are used and I can't get to them :/

tomaltach

tomaltach
  • Members
  • 46 posts
Wait, wait, so when you tried to log in with the original account you created, it took you to step 2? That's not logging in, that's account creation. The social site seems to be having synchronization issues, and I think your original account is a victim of it.

So you originally created an account "Berym" with email1. Then you created an EA account with email2. Then you created a new Social account "Berym_temp", with email2. Then you changed email2 to email1 on "Berym_temp". Is that right? How did you change email2 to email1? By editing your profile on the social site?

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts
I made Berym with email 1. It created it fine, all good.

I logged into DA:O and was told I needed to make an EA account. Clicked the link in the game, it sent me to the EA website and I made an account using email 1.

It then took me to the DA:O website, where I was told that I couldn't complete it, because email 1 was already in use. It then... de-completed my registration of Berym, somehow. Don't ask me, it just has.

I was able to get in to post on Berym_temp by changing my EA account email to email 2, clearing the cache and completing my EA registration (Berym_temp) with email 2.

I then changed my EA account email on the EA website to email 1.

Edited by Berym_temp, 03 November 2009 - 08:51 AM.

tomaltach

tomaltach
  • Members
  • 46 posts
Your original account is still there. I can find it in a user search. That's why you got the error when the EA website sent you to the DAO website. It thought you were trying to register a second time.
Are you able to log in to the social site using "Berym" instead of an email address as the login ID? I'd try several times due to the synchronization issues.
If you are able to, check the email address on the profile page. It should be email 1. Logout.
Then go to EA's Account page and change the email back to email 2.
Log in to "Berym" again and see if the email address changed correctly. Then log in to Berym_temp and see if that email address changed correctly.
I'm guessing that Berym_temp's email will change but Berym's will not.
In which case (or if you can't log in to Berym at all) I'd keep the email of the EA Account you created as email 2. When things get fixed in the morning, it's likely that your original account creation will complete, and you don't want the email address you used for Berym to collide with the EA Account you created for Berym_temp.

Edit test

Edited by tomaltach, 03 November 2009 - 01:46 PM.

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts
Tried. Can't get into Berym anymore. It tries to make me do step 2 again, and tells me there are problems and won't let me.

I suspect at this stage I have to wait for them to fix it.

I only hope they don't take too long - my patience is limited for this kind of stuff up. Didn't they realise that a new system like this was poorly launched so close to the release of DA:O?

Thanks for the attempt to help, tomaltach, I appreciate it.

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts
Tried. Can't get into Berym anymore. It tries to make me do step 2 again, and tells me there are problems and won't let me.

I only hope they don't take too long - my patience is limited for this kind of stuff up. Didn't they realise that a new system like this was poorly launched so close to the release of DA:O?

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Satanicfirewraith

Satanicfirewraith
  • Members
  • 385 posts
Or go to the main DAO site... http://daforums.biow...html?viewcat=31

Sign in there, click on My account at the top right.

Scroll down a bit till you see the EA master Account.

Once you do that, it should link your BW account to your EA acount, just make sure its the SAME email.

I had that problem. My EA master account was a different one then the one on this site, so I just changed the email on my BW account to match my EA account email.

Once that happened Boom! had no problems with it.

Now if they just get the kinks out of the site. I am still waiting on the message I have to actually show up in my inbox. I mean I got up this morning and had an email saying I recived a message. That was at 630am its now after 830 am and I still cant access the message I got.

This site is garbage as far as I am concerned. this should have been put through the paces long before DAO released so this stupid kinks and flaws and slow running coulda been hammered out and it was ready for the flood of people today.

Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 21 posts
I don't remember the specifics any longer, but I remember that it was a nightmare for me, too, trying to juggle my Bioware account and EA Account to get things working here without an error message. It took creating and deleting and recreating email addresses at both places to get things working, and I'm still not sure what I did to get it working. A smoother process is definitely needed.

Liquid Wolf

Liquid Wolf
  • Members
  • 8 posts
I had to go through a horrible mess to get my EA and Bioware accounts merged. It involved changing passwords about 3/4 times for each account, adjusting emails twice, and finally going through the merge/add process on both Bioware's and EA's site...

It wasn't an easy or pretty process, but after about an hour of back and forth I finally did manage to get everything synced up between the two... or i've finally settled on some random account that seems to be working like I expect it to...

Yes i know it wasn't much help... but like I said...

http://daforums.biow.../eaaccount.html

and then I messed around with:

https://customersupp...ginapp/login.do

Personal Info changing, checking games, and resetting passwords... for about an hour.

At some point I think I went to lunch, tried to log into these forums with the information it requested... and it worked.

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts
Right. Hopefully the forums are a bit more stable now.

I can not, since making the EA account, log into the Berym account any longer. It's thrown me back to the registration process.

Angel Of Death 1982

Angel Of Death 1982
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Berym,

I ran into this same issue when I first tried to singup for this site.

What you need to do is logout of here, go to the main BioWare website and login with the Account that is associated with the e-mail address you want to be using. From there, go to the My Account section of that site, and you can link your existing EA account which shares that e-mail address to your BioWare account. Once that's done, you're good to go.

BioWare Mods: Could you please talk to your web devs about getting this functionality added to the signup process of this site, as finding out how to fix this wasn't particularly easy when I had to do so... at least, if you're responding to the user with this error (EA Account already exists for this e-mail address), please give a link to your main site where it says how to resolve it....

Snoteye

Snoteye
  • Members
  • 2,319 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Sorry I couldn't reply sooner.

Berym_temp wrote...

You didn't actually read my post, did you?

I did. It did not accurately communicate your real problem.

Berym_temp wrote...

I made Berym with email 1. It created it fine, all good.

What is the exact process you went through?

Berym_temp wrote...

I logged into DA:O and was told I needed to make an EA account.

Did you try to login with the existing account first? Did you see an error, and can you reproduce it?

Berym_temp wrote...

Where are you logging in from -- user home (where you can see the site except for anything profile specific) or the one where you can also register (and the actual site is hidden)?

Brother Jack

Brother Jack
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I'm having the same problem as the OP, this account doesn't exist if I try to log in from in-game ( or any other browser other than FF). It tells me my email is already in use. Well. duh, I used it to register....

I'm crushed to know that even though I purchased this through Steam I still have to use your services. I really wanted nothing to do with you Bioware.... Had I known the DLCs were not going to be distributed through steam I would have pirated this game.

Berym_temp

Berym_temp
  • Members
  • 99 posts
Right.

The problem of not being able to log in using the Berym login is... mixed.

Now when I use the Berym ID, it logs me across to Berym_temp - so the Berym account from the old Bioware site is linked, and the process of logging in here is linked - HOWEVER, the problem is that the profiles here - Berym and Berym_temp - are not linked. This means the redemption codes used on the Berym profile are not on the Berym_temp profile.

Bioware, this is painful. Fix it already.

Make my username Berym and get me the redeemed items from Berym onto this EA account.

I'm tired of not having all the benefits I gained from pre-ordering the collector's edition (an expensive prospect here in Australia) because you decided to force people to use a site in beta!

Fix it. It's already been 24 hours without even a response from you.