Photo

So today at ECC2012

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

Norman250

Norman250
  • Members
  • 369 posts
 I met Adam Baldwin, got his autograph, shook his hand, talked with him for a bit. I mentioned that I really enjoyed the character he voiced for Mass Effect 2, and I regretted my sadness that he wasn't in the third. He replied, "Yeah, I know. I don't really know what happened, they just never contacted me about the third game. Hopefully I'll be in some DLC or in the fourth game, if they make one." I didn't have the heart to tell him that they killed Kal'Reegar. 

hunterdan1992

hunterdan1992
  • Members
  • 216 posts
Poor guy...

Reptilian Rob

Reptilian Rob
  • Members
  • 5,964 posts
OH GOD WHY!?

The Angry One

The Angry One
  • Members
  • 22,246 posts

Norman250 wrote...

I met Adam Baldwin, got his autograph, shook his hand, talked with him for a bit. I mentioned that I really enjoyed the character he voiced for Mass Effect 2, and I regretted my sadness that he wasn't in the third. He replied, "Yeah, I know. I don't really know what happened, they just never contacted me about the third game. Hopefully I'll be in some DLC or in the fourth game, if they make one." I didn't have the heart to tell him that they killed Kal'Reegar. 

Seriously? What the hell BioWare.

CDRSkyShepard

CDRSkyShepard
  • Members
  • 2,538 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
Broken promise #475...no Kal'Reegar.

Hexxys

Hexxys
  • Members
  • 248 posts
Bioware cheaped out.

Jawsomebob

Jawsomebob
  • Members
  • 508 posts
they could still make some DLC where you can SAVE him while he is doing that mission and then you could never get that message.

Dartbeast54q

Dartbeast54q
  • Members
  • 466 posts
I find this hard to believe. The part about him not knowing what they did to his character. This is adam baldwin we are talking about, you just dont forget to contact him about coming back or not.

Reptilian Rob

Reptilian Rob
  • Members
  • 5,964 posts
:ph34r:[Post removed, user banned]:ph34r:

Edited by Stanley Woo, 02 April 2012 - 04:41 PM.

yahtzo

yahtzo
  • Members
  • 369 posts
Yikes. I thought the reason Kal Reegar was reduced to an email was because his VA wasn't available, but really he wasn't even contacted, ouch.

GigaTheToast

GigaTheToast
  • Members
  • 369 posts
Kal isn't dead, he obviously used that news article as a ploy and is now deep undercover. That makes sense right?

More to the point, there's a lot of things they need to ret-con right now and out of all of them and email is probably the easiest.

-Skorpious-

-Skorpious-
  • Members
  • 3,081 posts
This is almost as bad as the actual endings.

Jayne deserved better. :crying:

Edited by -Skorpious-, 02 April 2012 - 06:04 AM.

CrazyRah

CrazyRah
  • Members
  • 6,421 posts
Poor guy :/

BadlyBrowned

BadlyBrowned
  • Members
  • 567 posts
Oh man.....this makes me even more depressed.

Chromie

Chromie
  • Members
  • 9,881 posts
First OP, screenshot of that autograph so I can believe you! (sorry I have too)
Second it's a damn shame truly.

Posted Image

Jamber

Jamber
  • Members
  • 100 posts
Many characters seemed to have died off the beaten path (I'm looking at you twitter). Maybe this is Bioware's way of making this story non-continuable after the third, because they foresaw what having a publishing company that prizes maximum profits at minimum cost does to game developing companies. So, they wanted to make this IP finished for good before it could be milked for even more dirty dollars.

Or maybe I need a new tin-foil hat.

Jawsomebob

Jawsomebob
  • Members
  • 508 posts

Dartbeast54q wrote...

I find this hard to believe. The part about him not knowing what they did to his character. This is adam baldwin we are talking about, you just dont forget to contact him about coming back or not.

they can still do a DLC to fix this.

jfruelas521

jfruelas521
  • Members
  • 1,051 posts
This saddens me...

Liec

Liec
  • Members
  • 1,111 posts
He could always pull a Leliana and come back in DLC.

Lyrandori

Lyrandori
  • Members
  • 1,914 posts
Wait...

So BioWare did not even bother INFORMING the character's Voice Actor that the character would be killed? W.T.F...

I must mention one thing. I did some very humble (amateur) Voice Acting myself back during college. If my employer didn't bother informing me of something like that I would have risked refusing other offers since I might have thought that my character would still need VO due to lack of information. Good thing it never happened to a professional level in my case. I find that to be very cheap from BioWare, if it's true.

mupp3tz

mupp3tz
  • Members
  • 2,382 posts
You don't do that to a Baldwin. They're practically national treasures!

The Angry One

The Angry One
  • Members
  • 22,246 posts
No but seriously I was a fan of Adam Baldwin long before it was cool.
How could they just decide not to bring him back. No me gusta.

thesnake777

thesnake777
  • Members
  • 2,158 posts
.......this is not cool....
Not Cool....

CYRAX470

CYRAX470
  • Members
  • 386 posts
I predict the same exact thing will happen when a ME fan meets Keith Szarabajka

Dartbeast54q

Dartbeast54q
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Jawsomebob wrote...

Dartbeast54q wrote...

they can still do a DLC to fix this.

One can hope, but still finding this a tad hard to believe still.