Mass Relays not been destroyed? Tweet from Executive Producer MIke Gamble

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

Moondust82

Moondust82
  • Members
  • 22 posts
Hey Folks,

just found a tweet from Executive Producer Mike Gamble to a fan who asked if the Mass Relays were destroyed when chosen Control Ending.

Mike Gamble retweetet: Disabled - yes!

Another user answered with a youtube link showing the explosion of the Mass Relay. "You'll need to change that - completely falling apart.

Mike Gamble did not answer further questions, if the relays are also disabled with the other options.

The link to the tweet is here:https://twitter.com/#!/GambleMike/status/189481533239865344

What are they planning? ;) Will there be a new cutscene without relays blowing apart? Why else would he post that on twitter? What do you think?

Edited by Moondust82, 10 April 2012 - 09:42 PM.

iorveth1271

iorveth1271
  • Members
  • 779 posts
So... they're retconning their own plot all over twitter now?

Interesting...

NoUserNameHere

NoUserNameHere
  • Members
  • 2,083 posts
I'm pretty sure I saw them breaking apart in the endings, though.

Guess we're looking at an EC retcon.

Moondust82

Moondust82
  • Members
  • 22 posts
I am following Casey Hudson and Mike Gamble since beginning to hush some news. I haven't seen they've been answering plot questions until now...

wow, waiting until summer will be soo hard.

Edited by Moondust82, 10 April 2012 - 08:11 PM.

Welsh Inferno

Welsh Inferno
  • Members
  • 3,295 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
That's crap. We see them shatter completely just like the other endings..

Already retconning stuff eh BW?

Capeo

Capeo
  • Members
  • 1,540 posts
All that shows is that Gamble never actually watched the endings.

Moondust82

Moondust82
  • Members
  • 22 posts
@NoUserNameHere

yeah, they are definitively blown up at all three sequences

Laurencio

Laurencio
  • Members
  • 968 posts

iorveth1271 wrote...

So... they're retconning their own plot all over twitter now?

Interesting...

Dare I say... yay?

comrade gando

comrade gando
  • Members
  • 2,554 posts
So dang cryptic, guess well find out come EC. Still not cool tho bioware, you dont follow a climax with months of speculation and agitation
THEN conclusion

NYG1991

NYG1991
  • Members
  • 1,979 posts
Would make more sense if they remained structurally intact thru control option. The scence doesn't show a full explosion like destroy does.

Would also make control a more likely paragon choice as shep sacrifices his/her life to leave the galaxy in a much better state.

thedancingdruid

thedancingdruid
  • Members
  • 563 posts
And that leads me to a thread I posted here:

http://social.biowar.../index/11210409

That type of ending does not seem fitting for Commander Shepard.

Gwtheyrn

Gwtheyrn
  • Members
  • 252 posts
Blowing up is pretty much disabled.

EricHVela

EricHVela
  • Members
  • 3,980 posts
IIRC, in the Control option the destruction of the Relays cuts before the part where we see the rings flying off into space. We just see it begin to break apart instead of completely boom-all. (It's the same animation, but it doesn't play through all the way).

Edited by ReggarBlane, 10 April 2012 - 08:18 PM.

oblique9

oblique9
  • Members
  • 460 posts
I'm personally excited by this. Yes, it's obvious retcon, but if true, then it suggests that they are going to include some post-crucible content and possibly a way to travel around again...

mango smoothie

mango smoothie
  • Members
  • 1,354 posts
In the script that was leaked back in November the Control ending was suppose to preserve the Mass Relays, so either Mike is not up to date with Mass Effect 3 or Bioware made a Mistake in the cinematic.

Edited by mango smoothie, 10 April 2012 - 08:23 PM.

Moondust82

Moondust82
  • Members
  • 22 posts
@Gwtheyrn

then why didn't he answer - "YES - it has been destroyed" ;)

Shepard Wins

Shepard Wins
  • Members
  • 1,359 posts
Artistic Integrity!

UrgentArchengel

UrgentArchengel
  • Members
  • 2,392 posts
Ha, clarification and closure my a**. Retcons FTW woo!

-Draikin-

-Draikin-
  • Members
  • 844 posts
We could really use a more official FAQ instead of having to resort to tweets and paraphrased "interviews" to make sense of the ending, that just adds to the confusion. Although it really looks like they themselves don't even know the answers to our questions yet.

Ziggeh

Ziggeh
  • Members
  • 4,360 posts
Mmmm, I suppose you could argue that we see the core explode and the tuning fork take damage while the rest is hidden behind a firebal. The main structure could be intact and salvagable. They would be destroyed in the sense that they're broken, but potentially salvagable.

It's a bit weak, but it fits what we see. Just.

edit: in the control you don't even get the fireball, blue sparks come out but nothing major breaks off.

Edited by Ziggeh, 10 April 2012 - 08:23 PM.

Pulletlamer

Pulletlamer
  • Members
  • 858 posts
Doesn't matter what the cutscene shows. The starchild said all choices would destroy the Mass Relays.

Everybody knows you can't argue with Starchild. He's always right.

Edited by Pulletlamer, 10 April 2012 - 08:23 PM.

Barquiel

Barquiel
  • Members
  • 4,990 posts
If the relays are not destroyed...why is there a shockwave?

Steel Dancer

Steel Dancer
  • Members
  • 961 posts
..I'm reminded, for some reason, of the bit in Starship Troopers where a soldier gets a knife shoved through his hand pinning it to a wall. A Sergeant turns around and shouts something about how "this is how you disable someone!"

Hmm.

aj2070

aj2070
  • Members
  • 1,458 posts
So we go from the relays detonating as the cinematics show to them being disabled?! Now I'm really confused. In all endings, the relays explode; parts go everywhere.

This aside, the citadel supposedly was destroyed so the control relay is gone. And again according to lore, no one knows how to build a relay in this "cycle". The prothenans got the closest on Ilos and theirs was only a one-way small-scale prototype. I really want to seee them pull this one off.

Guest_MissNet_*

Guest_MissNet_*
  • Guests
Actually, you clearly can see in the Destroy ending mass relay blows up.I don't see the same in control.
Just watch. Time right on explosion.
Control "Explosion"
Destroy Explosion
So.. does this mean control is "good" option?
Sh*t, this is even worse. (for me at least). 
:crying:

Edited by MissNet, 10 April 2012 - 08:24 PM.