• Please log in to reply
493 replies to this topic

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts
Posted Image

Operation RESURGENCE (Apr 13-15)

Operation BEACHHEAD eased the pressure on allied planets and freed up conventional forces that were being hammered by the Reapers. With these reinforcements, the allies can use RESURGENCE to target more critical infrastructure.

Anyone who has the Resurgence Pack multiplayer DLC operational during this weekend will be granted a Reserves Pack.  A Reserves Pack unlocks one of the new random alien classes guaranteed.

All participating squads will earn +10% additional experience when playing on the Resurgence expansion’s new maps, Firebase: Condor and Firebase: Hydra.

Welcome to Operation Resurgence, the next N7 Challenge Weekend!

This week we released our first multiplayer expansion, the Resurgence Pack.  This DLC added new maps, characters, weapons, and consumables.  If you haven’t had a chance to download it yet, make sure to grab it; it’s available for no additional charge.

Firebase Condor and Firebase Hydra are available immediately.  If you download the Resurgence Pack and play this weekend you will be rewarded with a Reserves Pack the following week, containing one new Resurgence character.

This Operation is currently available to Xbox 360 and PC users only, and will run from Friday, April 13th at 5PM PST to Monday, April 16th 5AM PST.  Unfortunately, we are not yet able to offer our Multiplayer Challenge weekends on PlayStation 3.  Sony has not yet approved the promotion. We continue to work with them to find a compromise, but until then, Sony will not allow us to run the same Multiplayer Challenges on the PlayStation 3 that we run on Xbox 360 and PC.

Please remember to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Resurgence.

:devil:

rolson00

rolson00
  • Members
  • 1,466 posts
  • Dragon Age: Origins Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3
played today got one of the new weapons a batarian sniper riple

sickserb

sickserb
  • Members
  • 442 posts
"Please remember to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Resurgence."

why?

ChimDeathmonkey

ChimDeathmonkey
  • Members
  • 68 posts
Sony won't allow you? Really?

Chris Priestly

Chris Priestly
  • Members
  • 7,258 posts

sickserb wrote...

"Please remember to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation Resurgence."

why?

We can't reward you if we can't track that you have taken part. :)

thebigb82

thebigb82
  • Members
  • 65 posts
So if Sony won't let you, do something else for PS3 players, its not really that hard now is it, as for "your working on it" you have been working on it for nearly a month, time to change the record

Guest_Tigerblood and MilkShakes_*

Guest_Tigerblood and MilkShakes_*
  • Guests
word.sounds interesting. hopefully this time ill get the comdemation pack.last time i uploaded four characters and didnt get it.

sickserb

sickserb
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Chris Priestly wrote...

sickserb wrote...

why?

We can't reward you if we can't track that you have taken part. :)

oh ok thank you for the quick response Chris!

Brother Takka

Brother Takka
  • Members
  • 398 posts
I hope I get a Resurgence character that I've not got already. So no VP's for this weekend?

JCD89

JCD89
  • Members
  • 67 posts
Besides Reserves Pack there will be no additional packs with Resurgence staff, am I right?

ChimDeathmonkey

ChimDeathmonkey
  • Members
  • 68 posts

thebigb82 wrote...

So if Sony won't let you, do something else for PS3 players, its not really that hard now is it, as for "your working on it" you have been working on it for nearly a month, time to change the record

This +1. We have had the same bonus events as XBOX360 and PC in many games. Battlfield 3, Call of Duty's, Red Dead Redemption, etc....etc.... Why with this one game does Sony not want to cooperate?

Asiant

Asiant
  • Members
  • 190 posts
wait...this is confusing

just play the game, or do we have to play on those 2 new maps to get the prize?

redBadger14

redBadger14
  • Members
  • 1,791 posts
Actually, it is that hard. The ME3 servers are run by EA, and those servers are accessed via PSN. If Sony won't allow something like these weekends, they won't let them do an alternative either.

Quite plain Sony sucks. No offense. I want you guys to have your weekends too =/

DeadeyeIII

DeadeyeIII
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Dragon Age 2 Mass Effect 3

Asiant wrote...

wait...this is confusing

just play the game, or do we have to play on those 2 new maps to get the prize?

Chris Priestly wrote...

Anyone who has the Resurgence Pack multiplayer DLC operational during this weekend will be granted a Reserves Pack

All participating squads will earn +10% additional experience when playing on the Resurgence expansion’s new maps, Firebase: Condor and Firebase: Hydra.

Edited by DeadeyeIII, 11 April 2012 - 05:25 PM.

Thane64

Thane64
  • Members
  • 443 posts
cant take part again!
Come on Sony get it sorted; everyone who plays on your console is missing out :(

thebigb82

thebigb82
  • Members
  • 65 posts

redBadger14 wrote...

Actually, it is that hard. The ME3 servers are run by EA, and those servers are accessed via PSN. If Sony won't allow something like these weekends, they won't let them do an alternative either.

Quite plain Sony sucks. No offense. I want you guys to have your weekends too =/

I am tired of finger pointiing, someone from either company needs to sort this out, this is taking the ******

Richard 060

Richard 060
  • Members
  • 567 posts
Nice way to get some of the new DLC content out to players, guaranteed - kudos to whoever came up with this one!

Scimitar2976

Scimitar2976
  • Members
  • 31 posts
I have a feeling Sony is mad about "better with kinect" or something.... Why dont you just stop doing these until everyone can do them? Have you even considered giving us a seperate event or just putting these in the store for us for free? What about some free credits or something special in the store for us? This has gone on for way too long. I'm still enjoying the game but I always have to be prepared to be disappointed by the end of the week. I unlocked 3 of the new characters yesterday so this doesn't bother me so much but it's really just not fair.

ChimDeathmonkey

ChimDeathmonkey
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Scimitar2976 wrote...

I have a feeling Sony is mad about "better with kinect" or something.... Why dont you just stop doing these until everyone can do them? Have you even considered giving us a seperate event or just putting these in the store for us for free? What about some free credits or something special in the store for us? This has gone on for way too long. I'm still enjoying the game but I always have to be prepared to be disappointed by the end of the week. I unlocked 3 of the new characters yesterday so this doesn't bother me so much but it's really just not fair.

I would be happy with being a week behind with the events. At least we get to do them.

spacehamsterZH

spacehamsterZH
  • Members
  • 1,863 posts

ChimDeathmonkey wrote...
Why with this one game does Sony not want to cooperate?

Because if there's one thing Sony excels at, it's driving third party publishers away from the PSN. You ever notice how there's tons more games available on XBL? Remember when the PSP Go came out, Sony's big digital distribution experiment, and then you basically couldn't download any games for it? And remember how Sony blamed everyone but themselves for this?

I've been on the Sony train ever since the original Playstation way back when, but unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me one bit. They nab one of the most popular game series in the world, previously a Microsoft exclusive, for their platform, Bioware and EA basically fall over themselves trying to make the games accessible to Sony users who have never played ME1 and presumably never will, so you'd think Sony would be supportive, right? Well, that's the logical thing to do, so obviously Sony does the opposite, because that's what they typically do when it comes to the PSN: the opposite of what even a blind retarded monkey knows makes the most sense.

I'm afraid I really have no reason what-so-effin-ever to assume that this is in any way Bioware's fault. It's classic Sony behavior.

ryuasiu

ryuasiu
  • Members
  • 455 posts
I am not sure about doing this one. I still have not got my packs for operation raptor yet :(

thebigb82

thebigb82
  • Members
  • 65 posts

spacehamsterZH wrote...

ChimDeathmonkey wrote...
Why with this one game does Sony not want to cooperate?

Because if there's one thing Sony excels at, it's driving third party publishers away from the PSN. You ever notice how there's tons more games available on XBL? Remember when the PSP Go came out, Sony's big digital distribution experiment, and then you basically couldn't download any games for it? And remember how Sony blamed everyone but themselves for this?

I've been on the Sony train ever since the original Playstation way back when, but unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me one bit. They nab one of the most popular game series in the world, previously a Microsoft exclusive, for their platform, Bioware and EA basically fall over themselves trying to make the games accessible to Sony users who have never played ME1 and presumably never will, so you'd think Sony would be supportive, right? Well, that's the logical thing to do, so obviously Sony does the opposite, because that's what they typically do when it comes to the PSN: the opposite of what even a blind retarded monkey knows makes the most sense.

I'm afraid I really have no reason what-so-effin-ever to assume that this is in any way Bioware's fault. It's classic Sony behavior.

their both to blame, sony for being sony and bioware for sitting on this for a month with nothing new to add

Mash-X-ToDieSlower

Mash-X-ToDieSlower
  • Members
  • 457 posts
@ Bioware reps

Now that you have called out Sony officially as the reason why PS3 users can't participate in community multiplayer events, you can post some useful contact information to the best place at Sony to complain about this and apply pressure until they pay attention.

Please provide that info and we will be more than happy to direct our disapproval at people who are the real reason we are excluded.

Killateral DMG

Killateral DMG
  • Members
  • 216 posts
I already have all the characters :(

Tuix

Tuix
  • Members
  • 113 posts
chriss Is some1 from tech support listenin us who cannot launch the dlc ? due to authorization issues?