Photo

[ZOMBIE MOD] LEFT 4 EFFECT 3 (Video)

288 replies to this topic

devildog0491

devildog0491
  • Members
  • 400 posts
Want to try something new?

Unsatisfied with the current difficulty missions me and some friends have been working on different modes/difficulties for Mass Effect 3s multiplayer portion. The mod I'm presenting today is L4D Zombie Mode!

Disclaimer
: We did not earn any credits and a minimal amount of XP. Both of them have been modified to keep things fair, this is not a mod to boost your N7 ranking or farm credits like Firebase White: Geth Gold. The only reason it shows I received credits is because the host is the only player that can see how much credits are awarded per objective   

Sorry I bugged out the links on my iPhone I'll fix when I get home:

My Zombie Mod Video

zHHk's instructional video

If you would like to see this implemented a simple +1 is all we ask!

Stay tuned/subscribed for more mods in the future. zHHk is currently working on a Platinum mod which makes the Gold difficulty a lot harder. If you want a sneak peek you can check out his video here (includes commentary). I'll also be uploading some crazy footage from a Platinum game with insane amounts of Banshee's spawning in.

Posted Image

Edited by devildog0491, 02 May 2012 - 05:48 AM.

Erosuntzu

Erosuntzu
  • Members
  • 90 posts
LoL!! Good Job I want to play it :D

acrb101

acrb101
  • Members
  • 192 posts
This actually looks hella' fun. I would thoroughly enjoy playing something like this on the PS3. I'm sure many others would as well. BioWare, if you're looking for new game types, here's one to include.

;)

Sakabaka

Sakabaka
  • Members
  • 47 posts
Do want. That's awesome.

Descy_

Descy_
  • Members
  • 7,325 posts
Modding Multiplayer?

lolololbanhammerrrr

devildog0491

devildog0491
  • Members
  • 400 posts
We earn 0 xp and creds, its just for fun. Hopefully there is no repercussions.

Sakabaka

Sakabaka
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Descy_ wrote...

Modding Multiplayer?

lolololbanhammerrrr

Yeah, that was my first instinct when I saw the mod -- "Modded .bin files? Uh oh."

However, several mods have commented that bans are particularly for players who are specifically hacking to gain an unfair advantage over other players. Let's hope they recognize that this isn't the case.

Rokayt

Rokayt
  • Members
  • 5,990 posts
If we could get a small folder of fun modes that you wont end up in from choosing random, that would be aaaammmmaazzziiiinnggggg.
Some others:
Duty Calls (PLZ Dont sue us): <- Complete title. Fighting just cannibals, troopers, and geth troopers in copious numbers.
Boss rush: Ehh. Who likes clowncar rooms full of atlas mechs and brutes?

-All should get the announcer re voice acted with B-Movie voice acting. - Super magical.

Esbatty

Esbatty
  • Members
  • 3,760 posts
Thats what nightmares are made of!

But I do want a Talon now.

SPBDARI

SPBDARI
  • Members
  • 13 posts
Nice. But i think you have not enough enemies. I have mod with 85 husk and 2-4 brutes frome 3d wave.

Sable Rhapsody

Sable Rhapsody
  • Members
  • 6,922 posts
This would be full of win.

frozngecko

frozngecko
  • Members
  • 594 posts
I like the idea...but I want a linear Mission-based mode for ME3. :) I love the mod though!

curly haired boy

curly haired boy
  • Members
  • 845 posts
i want to play this as vanguard. :D

Ry3 Sjursen

Ry3 Sjursen
  • Members
  • 80 posts
I think if you earn nothing and have fun, there should NOT be a ban.
I hope the devs see this and realize that other types of modes would be fun to have too. :)

devildog0491

devildog0491
  • Members
  • 400 posts
They should open up the community to moding not shut us in to a single type of play no matter how fun it is

xtorma

xtorma
  • Members
  • 5,692 posts
This opens the door for a lot of other mods, and anyone modding can just come back to this thread and state...."they allowed it here"

devildog0491

devildog0491
  • Members
  • 400 posts
^ True, thats why they would make guidelines, what is allowed and what is not. Its not that hard

xtorma

xtorma
  • Members
  • 5,692 posts

devildog0491 wrote...

^ True, thats why they would make guidelines, what is allowed and what is not. Its not that hard

They already have guidelines in place, they say you can not mod the game. you did not heed those, so why would new ones be any different?

devildog0491

devildog0491
  • Members
  • 400 posts

xtorma wrote...

devildog0491 wrote...

They already have guidelines in place, they say you can not mod the game. you did not heed those, so why would new ones be any different?

How would they be different as in why would I lisen to them? or how would the actual guidelines be different?

Well if they wrote out a modding guideline then I would stay within the guidelines. However atm in the spirit of fun and a more exiting gameplay experience we created our own. We are not exploiting or boosting. Just having fun.

Sgt Sauce

Sgt Sauce
  • Members
  • 29 posts
simple enough i would think make all comuntiy mods like this no exp or money, then if there is enough call for it Bio/EA could take a mod and oficially release it as DLC to allow credit and exp to be gained from it that would fit under the banner of not gaining an unfair advatage

devildog0491

devildog0491
  • Members
  • 400 posts
Hopefully, this would add to the life of the game dramatically.

Rokayt

Rokayt
  • Members
  • 5,990 posts

Sgt Sauce wrote...

simple enough i would think make all comuntiy mods like this no exp or money, then if there is enough call for it Bio/EA could take a mod and oficially release it as DLC to allow credit and exp to be gained from it that would fit under the banner of not gaining an unfair advatage

*Mods ****** onto hanar*
Biiiiioooowarreeee... Comeeeee onnnn. Im not cheating if you release it as DLC :kissing:
Ok. /Sarcasim.

Really, Having a few fun modes that you have to intentionally join into would be kinda nice, especially with all the people who simply will not have any of their games end in any other way then a full extraction. ( Kicking people for being instakilled by phantoms on wave 11, ETC. )
I support far out of the question getaway modes, Man.

m00nsister

m00nsister
  • Members
  • 176 posts
outstanding! that looks quite enjoyable :)

Whimper

Whimper
  • Members
  • 423 posts
That looks like so much fun!

xtorma

xtorma
  • Members
  • 5,692 posts

devildog0491 wrote...

xtorma wrote...

devildog0491 wrote...

How would they be different as in why would I lisen to them? or how would the actual guidelines be different?

Well if they wrote out a modding guideline then I would stay within the guidelines. However atm in the spirit of fun and a more exiting gameplay experience we created our own. We are not exploiting or boosting. Just having fun.

People will always have this thread to go back to. If they did instill new guidelines for mods ( i am not against mods, IF they are allowed) Then there will always be precident to circumvent the guidelines "in the name of fun"

This is the reason you must always enforce rules. No matter how you try to avoid a slippery slope, you will always end up with one. The main flaw in what you did (brilliant btw) is that everyone is not as honorable as you. Once the mod floodgate is opened, you create a ton of extra work moderating it.

Cudos to you and your crew for creating the mode, it was genious. I just believe you went about it the wrong way.

disclaimer: I am an old guy with old values, so this ancient way of thinking may not be compatible with todays generation.