Photo

Door-Glitch in FBW? How long has this been going on and is it considered cheating?

127 replies to this topic

AldarionnEB

AldarionnEB
  • Members
  • 478 posts
I was in a match on Fire Base White yesterday and I ran out the back door of the lower room (you know, where people who farm the map stand?). I got killed in the doorway, but instead of getting knocked down, I re-spawned on the landing pad......no gel used, no ops survival pack used, nothing. I was just suddenly standing on the landing pad with no shields but full health.

A friend of mine has mentioned getting killed and re-spawning on the landing pad on that map several times, in various locations, but I've never had it happen, then a guy I spoke to pointed out that it almost always happens in that one spot. So, is this a known glitch, and is using it from time to time (as in, getting killed in that spot and having it happen randomly) considered cheating? It could be a pretty easy way to extract on that map if you intentionally die in that spot in the last 15 seconds or so of the extraction wave.

I'll be avoiding that spot from now on just in case.

mybudgee

mybudgee
  • Members
  • 16,093 posts
You have been banned indefinitely..

GGW KillerTiger

GGW KillerTiger
  • Members
  • 4,565 posts
 It has been around for a long time. It's a glitch and abusing it is considered cheating.

BoomDynamite

BoomDynamite
  • Members
  • 7,473 posts
Glitch.

Descy_

Descy_
  • Members
  • 7,325 posts
Since launch, and yes it is (My bad, was thinking of something else)
It's the same thign as doing the waterfall glitch on Hydra.

FBWGG however, is not cheating. (To anyone who would say it)

Edited by Descy_, 11 May 2012 - 10:22 PM.

TeamLexana

TeamLexana
  • Members
  • 2,555 posts
It's happened to me too but I think it's still too random to intentionally try and force it to do on command but I don't know to be honest, I've never tried to do it on purpose before.

Keffie909

Keffie909
  • Members
  • 100 posts
Happened to me twice...quite usefull when it happened the first time.
Second time got swarmed immediately :P
Edit: not done on purpose

Edited by Keffie909, 11 May 2012 - 10:21 PM.

MinatheBrat

MinatheBrat
  • Members
  • 827 posts
How would you even abuse something like that? Intentionally die? In just the right spot?
Jeez..I'm trying too hard to intentionally live.

Oh, and there's a place on Ghost that's like that as well...one second getting stuck by a Phantom, next second falling, falling, falling, off the map and then poof..in the LZ...alive!

Edited by MinatheBrat, 11 May 2012 - 10:34 PM.

Descy_

Descy_
  • Members
  • 7,325 posts

MinatheBrat wrote...

How would you even abuse something like that? Intentionally die? In just the right spot?
Jeez..I'm trying to hard to intentionally live.

Oh, and there's a place on Ghost that's like that as well...one second getting stuck by a Phantom, next second falling, falling, falling, off the map and then poof..in the LZ...alive!

Round 11, die there, get tele'd to LZ.

Last one left, keep going there, dying then flanking from LZ.

nara133

nara133
  • Members
  • 2 posts
It's happened once to me. So this if this happens it is considered cheating?? With my valiant I like standing at the back of that room near the door as you get great coverage of the ramp outside and the door inside.

But if I stand there and a glitch happens I'm a cheat all of a sudden? That's kinda crazy.

Nocturnalfox

Nocturnalfox
  • Members
  • 1,629 posts

Descy_ wrote...

FBWGG however, IS cheating. (To anyone who would say it isn't)

Fixed :innocent:

Edited by Nocturnalfox, 11 May 2012 - 10:26 PM.

Descy_

Descy_
  • Members
  • 7,325 posts

nara133 wrote...

It's happened once to me. So this if this happens it is considered cheating?? With my valiant I like standing at the back of that room near the door as you get great coverage of the ramp outside and the door inside.

But if I stand there and a glitch happens I'm a cheat all of a sudden? That's kinda crazy.

Accident, its fine. Purposefully, its cheating.

Descy_

Descy_
  • Members
  • 7,325 posts

Nocturnalfox wrote...

Descy_ wrote...

FBWGG however, IS cheating. (To anyone who would say it isn't)

Explain.

Egermano

Egermano
  • Members
  • 101 posts

TeamLexana wrote...

It's happened to me too but I think it's still too random to intentionally try and force it to do on command but I don't know to be honest, I've never tried to do it on purpose before.

It's easily reproducible intentionally. Don't do it though, exploits are bad, mmkay :)

BoomDynamite

BoomDynamite
  • Members
  • 7,473 posts

Nocturnalfox wrote...

Descy_ wrote...

FBWGG however, IS NOT cheating. (To anyone who would say it isn't)

Fixed the Fix.

TheKingBoar

TheKingBoar
  • Members
  • 284 posts
I've fallen through FBW at least 40 times, but only once in this spot. Someone mentioned that you could sit there and do it, but meh, I'd rather be blowing crap up than risking the magical teleport.

AldarionnEB

AldarionnEB
  • Members
  • 478 posts
Yeah I figured BioWare would frown on this.

We need a bug fix patch soon, because I don't want to be walking on eggshells to avoid getting banned because I stumbled on a glitch that's considered an exploit. If I'm retreating out that back room for ammo or something and get killed in that doorway I don't want to get banned because a bug put me on the landing pad without using a medi-gel.

That.....and I want my friggen Tactical Cloak to work properly, not glitch out and cancel immediately every 2-3 cloak cycles, leaving me dead-to-rights in front of a Turret with a cooldown. But that's for another thread....

8 Bears

8 Bears
  • Members
  • 743 posts
Some guy was abusing it yesterday in our match once the rest of us had bled out.. Would've reported him or atleast took note of his name if I knew it was considered cheating.

sobbos

sobbos
  • Members
  • 780 posts

Descy_ wrote...

How is it cheating if it's THEIR fault for not fixing it yet?

AldarionnEB

AldarionnEB
  • Members
  • 478 posts

sobbos wrote...

Descy_ wrote...

How is it cheating if it's THEIR fault for not fixing it yet?

*Sigh*

There are so many things wrong with that argument that it's hard to pull out a specific logical fallacy to quote. Just because BioWare has not fixed a bug does not make exploitation of that bug ok. In fact they have clearly stated this by banning people who have used the credit glitch to make money faster. They have not fixed the glitch, but they have stated that using it is an exploit and that perpetrators will be banned.

Just because your car CAN go 150mph doesn't mean you SHOULD go 150mph, and it's not the manufacturers fault when you get arrested for it.

dcal31

dcal31
  • Members
  • 560 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
Sorry to necro, but happened to me at least once a day for the past week. There doesn't seem to be an exact spot, just going don anywhere around the back door seems to trigger it. It seems to be even worse now.

Every time one of two things happens. One is that game locks up and kicks everyone that isn't in my part (360). Or, it respawns me underneath the landing zone with no way to get out, shoot enemies, or even kill myself so I can end the match with at least what I earned up until that point. The best one, which seems to happen the most, is when both of the above happen, especially on wave 10.

Has anyone had this happen? It's really frustrating. At least when you wipe you still get experience and probably a little money out of it. This? Nothing but wasted time and consumables. The cynical part of me thinks Bioware changed it to punish people trying to glitch revive. (Probably the 20 minutes I just wasted because of it talking though.)

Sixteen Sixty-Six

Sixteen Sixty-Six
  • Members
  • 157 posts
That's exploiting. My opinion is that Bioware can't ban people for this since this is a bug/glitch and they are responsible to fix any bug or glitch within the game. Their turn to drink more coffee.

PsychoticBiotic

PsychoticBiotic
  • Members
  • 6,456 posts
I've actually seen dead enemies fall through the floor on that spot as well. Presumably, their corpse should teleport to the LZ, but I've never had the opportunity to check. There's a similar glitch/cheat on Goddess if you die by the elevator and fall into the shaft. I consider both these things cheating (not that i'd actually report anyone for doing it) unless it happens by accident. It's kind of tempting to exploit though, if it means the difference between failure and success.

dcal31

dcal31
  • Members
  • 560 posts
  • Mass Effect 3
So, they fixed an exploit/glitch (argue it whichever way you prefer) by destroying the match of any person unfortunate enough to be standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time? Harsh.

Psycho Mantis I

Psycho Mantis I
  • Members
  • 575 posts
There is also one on Firebase Goddess when you go to the room with a elevator and the big med box. If you happen to die near the elevator you will fall of the map and go to the place you start. I had that happen twice but never actually tried doing it on purpose.