Photo

Dragon Age 2 Game Of The Year Edition/Ultimate Edition coming out???

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

FuzzyChips

FuzzyChips
  • Members
  • 6 posts
 Hey guys!Just wondering if there is going to be any Ultimate Edition coming out for this game?Recently in my local game(s) stores Dragon Age 2 is $19.99
And i remembered recently Dragon Age: Origins have a Ultimate Edition So yeah did EA/Bioware announce any Edition that comes with Every DLC?

Cantina

Cantina
  • Members
  • 557 posts
Dragon Age 2....game of the year.....LMFAO!

If I recall correctly there will not be any special edition of DA 2 at all.

jbrand2002uk

jbrand2002uk
  • Members
  • 990 posts
There is a Signature edition around though you'd have to buy most of the DLC off their website
@ Cantina I laugh twice as loud at people who say DAO "was the best RPG of the Decade" before handing them the number for a good shrink

wsandista

wsandista
  • Members
  • 2,723 posts

jbrand2002uk wrote...

There is a Signature edition around though you'd have to buy most of the DLC off their website
@ Cantina I laugh twice as loud at people who say DAO "was the best RPG of the Decade" before handing them the number for a good shrink

Well DAO is currently rated #2 on a list of best cRPGs on the PC, just behind Diablo which was released the decade before, so there actually is support for that argument, although I would give that award to either NWN or NWN2. I doubt you've actually played any RPGs that aren't streamlined enough for a 5-year old to easily play, maybe if you had, you would realize just what an RPG traditionally is and see why DAO fares much better than DA2 among cRPG fans.

jbrand2002uk

jbrand2002uk
  • Members
  • 990 posts
Actually I have played everything from baldurs gate to jade empire and most things in between DAO is still a bug ridden broken mess with a lacklustre story and in a day and age where favourable reviews are given in exchange for "exclusive" access to the next games development or for first dibs at interviews i ignore these "lists" as frauds

jsadalia

jsadalia
  • Members
  • 370 posts
Yeah, I've played all those games too, and think DAO was the best of them.

I don't automatically assume anyone with a different opinion is insane, however. That would be extremely silly.

FaWa

FaWa
  • Members
  • 1,084 posts
LOL@ DA2 deserving GOTY anywhere near it.

wsandista

wsandista
  • Members
  • 2,723 posts

jbrand2002uk wrote...

Actually I have played everything from baldurs gate to jade empire and most things in between DAO is still a bug ridden broken mess with a lacklustre story and in a day and age where favourable reviews are given in exchange for "exclusive" access to the next games development or for first dibs at interviews i ignore these "lists" as frauds

Maybe I would believe that if you used proper grammar, and the GBA Baldur's Gate doesn't count.

DA2 has more bugs than DAO, or are you playing some bug free version that fell out of the sky?

Rxdiaz

Rxdiaz
  • Members
  • 251 posts
Lol, the bugs are the least of the problems with DA2...

aries1001

aries1001
  • Members
  • 1,649 posts
There are no plans currently - or maybe ever? - to release DA2 Ultimate Edition with all the content in it. However, there are only two dlcs for DA2, Legacy and Mark of the Assasin. So sorry, no Ultimate Edition will be released....for DA2...

LeBurns

LeBurns
  • Members
  • 921 posts
I read that they won't be making it. To be honest they never really finished DA2 (dropped the last DLC) so IMO it would never be a complete game anyway.

LOL at GotY.

I am waiting on the ME2 UE, but with all the issues with ME3 I'm not sure they'll even make that ... or that I really want it anymore.

Guest_Imperium Alpha_*

Guest_Imperium Alpha_*
  • Guests
Hmmm...

They drop the DLC
They drop the addon
They move to DAIII

So no I don't think they will make a special version for 2 dlc.

Edited by Imperium Alpha, 17 May 2012 - 07:29 PM.

Chaos Lord Malek

Chaos Lord Malek
  • Members
  • 735 posts

jbrand2002uk wrote...

It was actually nominated for it. But it could be called "Champion's Edition" and maybe have some additional content too, like some new short quest and items.

FieryDove

FieryDove
  • Members
  • 2,586 posts

FuzzyChips wrote...
Hey guys!Just wondering if there is going to be any Ultimate Edition coming out for this game?Recently in my local game(s) stores Dragon Age 2 is $19.99
And i remembered recently Dragon Age: Origins have a Ultimate Edition So yeah did EA/Bioware announce any Edition that comes with Every DLC?

I don't think so. With the content of DA2 getting canceled its unlikely they would put something out now. All work has said to be focused on DA3 (Or DA the next thing)

wsandista wrote...

jbrand2002uk wrote...

Maybe I would believe that if you used proper grammar, and the GBA Baldur's Gate doesn't count.

DA2 has more bugs than DAO, or are you playing some bug free version that fell out of the sky?

This person played the *free* version of DAO so it was most likely extremely buggy.

caradoc2000

caradoc2000
  • Members
  • 5,250 posts

aries1001 wrote...

However, there are only two dlcs for DA2, Legacy and Mark of the Assasin.

Six DLC's: Exiled Prince, Black Emporium, Legacy, MotA, and the two item packs.

The Sarendoctrinator

The Sarendoctrinator
  • Members
  • 1,947 posts
I wish they would make one. DAO's Ultimate Edition is the only way I got to play the DLC, and I would like to play DA2's as well. I'm not counting on it though. ):

wsandista

wsandista
  • Members
  • 2,723 posts

FieryDove wrote...

wsandista wrote...

jbrand2002uk wrote...

This person played the *free* version of DAO so it was most likely extremely buggy.

I'm sure he falls into the same category as the person who wrote this.

"It took me many years to warm to party-based RPGs through what felt like an endless slog of irrelevant details."