Photo

Destroy vs Refuse... im confused and

7 replies to this topic

Vexille

Vexille
  • Members
  • 674 posts
... I dont get it.

Maybe (And this is very possible) I am just an idiot but I dont really understand why starturd is ok with me shooting a tube that kills his race but rage quits if I shoot him...

whats the difference?

I always thought Destroy WAS really the "refuse" option as starkid clearly talked up synthesis and control but didnt seem to like destroy

now I am absolutely THRILLED by the new destroy/breathe ending and all
but... I really dont see the refuse ending as anything more then a petty
jab at the fans by the writers...

BoomDynamite

BoomDynamite
  • Members
  • 7,473 posts
The Crucible convinced him of new choices that he couldn't make. Without Shepard to change it for him, he gets angry. Also the Breathe ending has always been in the game.

majormajormmajor

majormajormmajor
  • Members
  • 649 posts
That's just Casey being mad you didn't pick one of the three in the first go.

Capeo

Capeo
  • Members
  • 1,587 posts

Vexille wrote...

I really dont see the refuse ending as anything more then a petty
jab at the fans by the writers...

Bingo!

MegaSovereign

MegaSovereign
  • Members
  • 10,794 posts
The Catalyst will not willingly stop the cycle without Shepard's intervention.

If Shepard refuses to use the Crucible, then the Catalyst will continue the cycle.

Hakkari

Hakkari
  • Members
  • 54 posts
Well, Starkid did just offer you three choices so that (most) everyone gets out okay... And you respond to him with a bullet in the head. Or a speech basically telling him to ****** off.

I'd be kind of ticked too, if I was him.

But really, it kind of did reek of pettiness, even though I do appreciate the option to refuse him.

carrmatt91

carrmatt91
  • Members
  • 468 posts
it was like one of those ' you know what, don't want to follow one of my choices? fine f**k you EVERYONE DIES' moments

Jessica Merizan

Jessica Merizan
  • BioWare Employees
  • 423 posts
Please discuss the EC in this pre-established thread:
http://social.biowar.../index/12756781

To answer your question, in the Rejection option, Shepard basically says that he won't make the decision for billions of other people and makes kind of a live free or die decision. Because the crucible was finished and Liara saved all the data in the time capsule, a future cycle was able to use it and they didn't have to fight the Reapers at all.

Very different from destroy, and definitely not a slap in the face to anyone. Many people voiced that this is exactly how their Shepard would have acted, and we expanded on this to make it more possible.

Edited by Jessica Merizan, 26 June 2012 - 03:30 PM.